Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G10BURGERKING

How Difficutly is Devil May Cry Speical Edition's trophies? Rating Scale 1 to 10.

53 posts in this topic

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:07 PM, Wild-Arms-Rudy said:

Can I ask you something man? Do you actually enjoy being a trophy hunter? Not trying to hate btw, I think judging by your amount of plats(Plus the quality of them)your indeed skilled.

Its just reading some of your posts you seem pretty unhappy...

I usually enjoy it, but sometimes I encounter a game with such a bs trophy list that makes me consider spending my time in a better way...

PS. I mean, I never run away from challenges, as long as you aren't forced to do huge portions all over again, wasting maybe two hours of progress because some masochist decided it was right to not place checkpoints inbetween... Still haven't found the will to attempt it again.

Edited by Brightblade76

I'm done with BP at last, such a huge relief. Now the road to the plat is downhill.

Edited by Brightblade76

I am not done yet, but the difficulty of this game is way overstated. It's probably about a 4 or 5 in difficulty. However, it is an extremely time consuming, boring, and horribly designed game with absolutely awful level design, one the worst cameras I have ever experienced in a game, invisible walls everywhere, constantly wandering aimlessly and backtracking throughout bland environments with obnoxious camera switches every five seconds, you need to grind for hours to even get half of the abilities/upgrades, janky and awkward and stiff controls, a horrible directional based combo system that is very frustrating and clunky considering how bad the camera and lock-on are, completely nonsensical cringeworthy story, some of the worst boss designs I have ever experienced in a game, the same garbage "the time has come and so have I" song loop playing on repeat nonstop for combat, and S ranks and style system in general is really poorly designed. I think this might be where people conflate poor game design with difficulty. 

Basically, the game gives you the tools to make everything as easy as you want (and even most of the speedruns and top players are just spamming the same abilities)

For S-ranks, they are very easy with Lady/Trish, you don't even need to get all the red orbs, I don't recommend using a guide for them because that's just tedious, just make sure to destroy all the environmental pieces you see for their orbs. I usually just got an A or B on orbs, but the time is extremely generous, especially on higher difficulties, and you can easily complete them in half of what it asks for S-rank, and the style is also very easy since apparently "style" is spamming the same attacks over and over (it's a poorly designed system) and also you can just farm style from repeatable fights (you probably won't need to, but it would allow you to easily get the S-rank if you missed it the first time). Even using items, you can regularly get 1.5-2x the requirements for S-rank with minimal effort on your first try. The whole ranking system is just a completely unbalanced joke. For style, just spam CS3 as Lady and round trip + fully charged colider as Trish. 

For the boss trophies, you can just spam holy waters as soon as you reach the SSS rank and it even lets you use supers if you want, so a complete joke.

For the Bloody Palace you can use supers, so the only difficult part will be Trish and Lady which is why I would recommend doing all S-ranks on them for practice so you can do BP with them more easily.

For Lady, you literally spam CS3 while jumping around with camera away for every single enemy and boss. CS3 is both the fastest, safest, and most stylish way to kill enemies so you do absolutely nothing else. Never use your DT and just save it for bosses and as an emergency to escape in case you get grabbed by a red blitz (I believe this always one shots you). You should never need it otherwise so you should always be able to use it on bosses and should have just in case for all the blitzes, even though you probably won't need to use it. You will need the DT for the frog boss though, as only melee works on the blue tentacle ladies, and there is no consistent way I could find to not get hit or grabbed by them considering how barebones Lady's melee options are. So just use DT if they freeze you as that attack does a ton of damage. 

For Trish, all you need to learn is Pandora cancelling. The game is a broken piece of shit so ideal "gameplay" as Trish consists of spamming your Pandora moves in air to recharge your DT and then use your giant death beam. This is literally how you do every boss in the entire game; you just sit there in the air and spam death beam while pandora cancelling to get DT. For regular enemies in bloody palace use round trip + bare knuckle combo C/electrical dance. Occasionally you can use V-divider for nimble enemies. For Fausts/Mephisto use DT pistols to decloak and then round trip + bare knuckle combo D. For all bosses (including Blitz) use death beam and Pandora cancelling as stated. I don't recommend using collider much in bloody palace since it's very inconsistent as it is a directional move. 

For Dante/Nero/Vergil, just use super costumes, but I'm sure they have similar moves you just spam while occasionally just jumping whenever an enemy does an attack (since jumping is not really for mobility but you just i-frame clip through moves). You can also just use their super costumes for HaH runs too.

Edited by machaesthetic