PS4 Led U.S. Console And Software Sales In June

Finozzi1696

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/16/sony-announces-ps4-led-u-s-console-and-software-sales-in-june.aspx

Sony has announced that it had the lead for both console sales and hardware in June.

The publisher cites popularity of the Batman: Arkham Knight console bundle as a major driving force. “PS4 continues to lead console sales in the U.S. and globally and we would like to thank gamers worldwide for their continued dedication to the PlayStation platform,” a representative told us via email.

Nothing new here.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 2

I heard Xbox One had horrible sales in japan, looks like there backwards compatibility isn't working for them.

None of the Xbox has ever had success in Japan.

PS are the only gaming consoles that remained successful worldwide on all these years since the first one was released in the 90's.

I think the big N has a lot of sales in japan

I was talking worldwide, excluding handled consoles, and the Nintendo Gamecube was a failure when it was released. PS1, PS2, PS3 and now the PS4 were a complete success.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I was talking worldwide, excluding handled consoles, and the Nintendo Gamecube was a failure when it was released. PS1, PS2, PS3 and now the PS4 were a complete success.

Lol where did the GameCube come up in the post?  Nintendo has had a steady increase in sales for their Wii U which is good.  Took too long for it to take off though.

I'm interested in seeing the hardware sales for this month.  I'm guessing the XBone will get a major boost in sales that will last a few months due to the backwards compatibility.  There is no reason for people not to upgrade now because of this update which is a pretty ingenious way to drive sales if you ask me.  Hopefully Sony sees this and does the same thing.

Pat yourselves on the back for the success of a big corporation all you like, but the moment Sony "wins" the console war is the moment you the consumer loses. Corporations tend to get lazy about their products when they don't have any competition.

"But that's not gonna happen!"

wellll....

-Sony had so much success with the PS2 that they thought releasing the PS3 at such a high price was okay. This kicked them in the balls later.

-Microsoft basically rode last generation off of Timed exclusive Call of Duty DLC.

-Microsoft continued to get so lazy that they thought releasing a DRM centered Cable Box was good enough to qualify as a console. Like Sony's PS3 announcement, this kicked them in the balls later.

If anything's to go off of the trends Sony might just screw up the PS5 launch. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

"But that's not gonna happen!"

wellll....

-Sony had so much success with the PS2 that they thought releasing the PS3 at such a high price was okay. This kicked them in the balls later.

-Microsoft basically rode last generation off of Timed exclusive Call of Duty DLC.

-Microsoft continued to get so lazy that they thought releasing a DRM centered Cable Box was good enough to qualify as a console. Like Sony's PS3 announcement, this kicked them in the balls later.

If anything's to go off of the trends Sony might just screw up the PS5 launch. Fingers crossed

Well, both those experiences showed them that gamers' loyalty is easily swayed, so both Sony and Microsoft may have learned their lesson and not do any major screw-ups like that again (hopefully).

Pat yourselves on the back for the success of a big corporation all you like, but the moment Sony "wins" the console war is the moment you the consumer loses. Corporations tend to get lazy about their products when they don't have any competition.

Basically that sums it up, when Atari basically monopolies game industry due to winning against Colecovision and Intellivision, it started getting lazy and releasing shitty games and before you know it the video game crash of 1983 happened and Nintendo and SEGA appeared from the ruins. Competition drives game industry forward.

Sales don't mean anything unless you show the full picture, why don't you show us? Congrats to Sony, it seems that MS only tries at Nov/Dec time so we may see some sweet PS4 bundles coming. 

That proved how useless the backward compatibility was and how most of the people don't care about it

Lol! Backwards compatibility isn't out to the public until December, so buying an X1 for that would be useless right now. Also Aaron Greenberg claimed the X1 outsold the PS4 during E3 week in the US but the Batman Bundle kept the PS4 sales strong overall for that month. That is the full picture. 

Story at gamespot:http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-outsells-ps4-during-e3-2015-week-in-the-u/1100-6428968/

Lol where did the GameCube come up in the post?  Nintendo has had a steady increase in sales for their Wii U which is good.  Took too long for it to take off though.

I'm interested in seeing the hardware sales for this month.  I'm guessing the XBone will get a major boost in sales that will last a few months due to the backwards compatibility.  There is no reason for people not to upgrade now because of this update which is a pretty ingenious way to drive sales if you ask me.  Hopefully Sony sees this and does the same thing.

Except for the fact that only 100(?) titles are currently supported, and we don't know when any more will be added. The chances of your entire library being backwards compatible is slim if Xbox 360 was your primary console last gen.

I dont understand why the PS4 is that popular anyway. :P

I mean, in my country a PS4 (500gb) is >350€ without games and it has no bundle (>400€) I would care about. A One is ~300€ with AC:BlackFlag and AC:Unity. Depeding on price I would tend to the One, also AC:Unity is in the bundle and, yes, I really love AC still. Because its enviroment, setting, historicalstuff and blah, Thats very interesting for me. I dont care for graphics, multiplayer or whatever. 

But personally I would prefer PS4 over One, because Sony has Japangames (otherwise I would not care about the plattform Im using anyway... but I must say I like the trophysystem more than the gamescoresystem - Had a XBox360, so, just an opinion, no bashing.), but, everyone keeps saying its niche, so, what actually is the reason the mass picks the PS4?

I guess its the same like with smartphones ... on the paper it has more hardwarepower. Its irrelevant but people are just superficial, eh? Im fine with my 80€ phone. It does what I want. Next time I need a new one, in 4 or 5 years maybe, Im going to try a WindowsPhone... and they are even cheaper.

Well, but I dont think people are that dumb that hey choose their stuff just because specs that doesnt matter anyway. (I bet there is actually no androidphone that can use its hardwarepower usefull) I bet when One gets updated to Windows10 and DirectX12 it will outperform the PS4. What then? Are people panicly switching to One because it has "maybe" better graphics? ... Back in my time we played games for fun... xD

Edited by Neputyunu

Eh who cares? Ps4 is boring af, remaster after remaster....it has no good games.

Whaaat?

Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, and Batman: Arkham Knight are all great games in my opinion. None of those are a remaster. There are many other non remasters as well. 

• Like 1

Except for the fact that only 100(?) titles are currently supported, and we don't know when any more will be added. The chances of your entire library being backwards compatible is slim if Xbox 360 was your primary console last gen.

Oh yeah... you are right.  I guess it was up to the devs of the game to decide if they wanted the backwards compatibility now that I think of it.  My bad.

The PS3 wasnt has a big of a success as Sony would have liked. The console had a very poor start, but did bounce back. The PS4 is blowing microsoft out of the water though. Sony learns from their mistakes.