Regarding GTA Games

NullRay85

Hello there! This is my first time posting a topic here, so sorry if I tend to drag on with my question. I recently bought GTA: Vice City for $2.49 on PSN and I'm really enjoying it.

Just a quick question for those who have played any GTA game: Do you fully complete all of the game's missions or just do a few then start wrecking havoc on the city?

Personally, I tend to release all-out hell in GTA games. Punching and shooting random citizens, running over hookers, and blowing up police cars just gives me a good feeling. I still like playing story missions, but at times they can be frustrating, with GTA III  having the most tough ones IIRC. Anyway, I just want to know what's your response towards this question.

Please feel free to share your opinions below! :)

• Like 2

Do you fully complete all of the game's missions or just do a few then start wrecking havoc on the city?

If you want to do that, play SaintsRow3 ... It is designed to do that... You also get upgrades that are like cheats in GTA.

See?

So, everytime when people are like "Oh, Im just doing crap and ruin the city in GTA because Im evil and muahahahahah!" Im like "wtf is wrong with them? Its the wrong game..."

And personally I never feeled the need to do that in GTA, and hey, Im playing that since I was child... and even as child I never feeled the need to to do something that stupid. Why? Because GTA isnt designed for that! :P

I would say GTA1 was the hardest GTA, because you just have limited lifes. GTA2 too, but it was waaaaay easier, have completed that on PS1.

Edited by Neputyunu

Like the others, I used to go crazy when I was younger and playing GTA & GTA London, I was all about the Kill Frenzys! Honestly though, now I would just find it unutterably boring. I'm currently playing through GTA IV, finished the entire main game and am working on the DLC. The story is one of the main selling points of the game and I really enjoy it, DLC included, so I would be missing out if I wasn't playing through it. Also, trophies!

Like Nepetyunu says, Saints Row is much more suited to destruction of a city and killing civilians in completely bizarre and horrific ways, so if that is your cup of tea I would definitely recommend them.

I do a couple of missions here and there with some chaos in between. A healthy balance. :P

If you want to do that, play SaintsRow3 ... It is designed to do that... You also get upgrades that are like cheats in GTA.

See?

So, everytime when people are like "Oh, Im just doing crap and ruin the city in GTA because Im evil and muahahahahah!" Im like "wtf is wrong with them? Its the wrong game..."

And personally I never feeled the need to do that in GTA, and hey, Im playing that since I was child... and even as child I never feeled the need to to do something that stupid. Why? Because GTA isnt designed for that! :P

I would say GTA1 was the hardest GTA, because you just have limited lifes. GTA2 too, but it was waaaaay easier, have completed that on PS1.

GTA isn't designed for that? HA! GTA was the only series that let you wreak havoc in the city wayy before any Saints Row title.

Don't get me wrong, I love Saints Row. But to me, shooting people and blowing up cars in SR just doesn't have the same impact as it does in GTA. It can be a little too cartoony/whacky.

• Like 1

GTA isn't designed for that? HA! GTA was the only series that let you wreak havoc in the city wayy before any Saints Row title.

Don't get me wrong, I love Saints Row. But to me, shooting people and blowing up cars in SR just doesn't have the same impact as it does in GTA. It can be a little too cartoony/whacky.

Dunno, in GTA this is kinda boring for me. Also the setting is too serious to do something that stupid.

Just my opinion, nothing more. :)

Also, many people that do this are cheating, because its without cheats boring for them too.

SaintsRow is "basicly" a GTA where the "cheats" are integrated in the gameplay and are no cheats at all. And because the whole setting of SaintsRow is trimmed to do bullshit and weird crap, Im even not mad about it xD

I dont care about graphics that much. For me setting > graphics. 

So, when I want to do ruin a city: SR > GTA, because bullshitting around IS part of the SR gameplay without me thinking "Meh, Im bored... lets kill some people without a reason!" <<< I mean, why are you doing this in GTA? Because you are bored. Means, the game isnt fun for you. Or not? ;)

Edited by Neputyunu

Since your name has 85 in it, I guess your born in that year, as am I.

I remember playing the first GTA game on my pc in 97. The main goal was to achieve a certain bankroll to complete the game. Missions were just a tool to get it.

I have played all GTA games since then. Since GTA3 I did complete every mission to finish the game. In San Andreas I kept going and reached 1 billion dollars, mostly from gambling.

I bought my ps2 so I could play GTA3. And I bought my ps3 so I could play GTA5. I also bought an xbox, so I could play GTA4.

After completing the game, I do spend most hours playing like a destroyer of worlds. Trying to shoot as many cops as possible, before getting wacked. It's always fun.

• Like 3

I grew up playing GTA, it actually convinced me to get a PS2 then eventually PS3. I always devoted my time almost exclusively to missions whenever I played. I wasn't used to causing havoc to the city back then because I always had the fear to die or get busted then lose all my weapons in the process. I remember having a serious and solid collection of weapons for preserving them. That's in the older games obviously, GTA IV was a lot different. Yes, you die and keep your weapons there but, I had a goal to go through the story without any deaths. That failed for me since I finished the game with just 1 death. I was so close.

I still devote most of my time to missions, but now I cause havoc more often. Missions was the only goal for GTA V and the rest was optional. I have to say it's pretty fun getting wasted a lot now.  :)

Edited by ThePurpleheat97
  • Like 1

Ahhh i remember in my first year of school when i was introduced to GTA. Me an my mate used to co-op in San Andreas and just drive around killing people and printed out the cheat codes. I loved flying cars. GTA V needs that.

I admit i didn't even know how to start missions when i first played but now i make sure to finish 100%. I have played all of them apart from Chinatown Wars and is my favorite series of all time. GO ROCKSTAR!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

Dunno, in GTA this is kinda boring for me. Also the setting is too serious to do something that stupid.

Just my opinion, nothing more. :)

Also, many people that do this are cheating, because its without cheats boring for them too.

SaintsRow is "basicly" a GTA where the "cheats" are integrated in the gameplay and are no cheats at all. And because the whole setting of SaintsRow is trimmed to do bullshit and weird crap, Im even not mad about it xD

I dont care about graphics that much. For me setting > graphics. 

So, when I want to do ruin a city: SR > GTA, because bullshitting around IS part of the SR gameplay without me thinking "Meh, Im bored... lets kill some people without a reason!" <<< I mean, why are you doing this in GTA? Because you are bored. Means, the game isnt fun for you. Or not? ;)

I do it because it's GTA! We must come from different generations or something if you can't understand that and you think it's stupid to do that kind of stuff in the game. GTA isn't very serious at all, there is humor in every aspect of the game. I mean, there may not be giant dildo weapons and dubstep guns, lol.

And yes, cheats are pretty much built into the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't cheating yourself. :P Going on a rampage until you see "WASTED" in GTA has always been apart of the fun. The only cheats I liked using were the pedestrians riot ones, I wish that was in the new one AND SR. xD

EDIT: San Andreas was the first to have a big purple dildo weapon.

• Like 1

I do it because it's GTA! We must come from different generations or something.

Actually Im older than you, but we are from the same generation.

Anyway, GTA is more "serious" than SR. SR is just made to have fun :P

Edited by Neputyunu

Actually Im older than you, but we are from the same generation.

Anyway, GTA is more "serious" than SR. SR is just made to have fun :P

Tbf SR started as a GTA clone, and a note very good one at that. It's great they found a new direction in 2, and then just got sillier and wackier in each new incarnation, while GTA kinda stayed the same. I admit I loooove SR, whereas I find GTA to be rather boring. So glad SR went a better direction. 

See?

I have played SR3 on the 360 and I agree with you it's a lot of fun, I'm still skeptical about SR4 though. However, wrecking havoc in GTA games can be just as entertaining as playing SR. Maybe It's just that I played a lot of GTA  :lol:

Since your name has 85 in it, I guess your born in that year, as am I.

I remember playing the first GTA game on my pc in 97. The main goal was to achieve a certain bankroll to complete the game. Missions were just a tool to get it.

I have played all GTA games since then. Since GTA3 I did complete every mission to finish the game. In San Andreas I kept going and reached 1 billion dollars, mostly from gambling.

I bought my ps2 so I could play GTA3. And I bought my ps3 so I could play GTA5. I also bought an xbox, so I could play GTA4.

After completing the game, I do spend most hours playing like a destroyer of worlds. Trying to shoot as many cops as possible, before getting wacked. It's always fun.

I'm actually born in '89, so you're older than me  :P.

I completely agree with you on the GTA games, they're always fun to play (especially when the entire police force is out to get you).

Hello there! This is my first time posting a topic here, so sorry if I tend to drag on with my question. I recently bought GTA: Vice City for $2.49 on PSN and I'm really enjoying it.

Just a quick question for those who have played any GTA game: Do you fully complete all of the game's missions or just do a few then start wrecking havoc on the city?

Personally, I tend to release all-out hell in GTA games. Punching and shooting random citizens, running over hookers, and blowing up police cars just gives me a good feeling. I still like playing story missions, but at times they can be frustrating, with GTA III  having the most tough ones IIRC. Anyway, I just want to know what's your response towards this question.

Please feel free to share your opinions below! :)

Yeah, when I was younger I used to cause mayhem all the time and do some missions from time to time. Now I don't find GTA fun anymore because it takes itself too seriously IMO. 

Like the others, I used to go crazy when I was younger and playing GTA & GTA London, I was all about the Kill Frenzys! Honestly though, now I would just find it unutterably boring. I'm currently playing through GTA IV, finished the entire main game and am working on the DLC. The story is one of the main selling points of the game and I really enjoy it, DLC included, so I would be missing out if I wasn't playing through it. Also, trophies!

Like Nepetyunu says, Saints Row is much more suited to destruction of a city and killing civilians in completely bizarre and horrific ways, so if that is your cup of tea I would definitely recommend them.

My first GTA game was the second one and it was really fun to get into. I agree with on GTA IV's story as one of its main selling points. I really liked Niko as the main character and its dark, gritty tone. The DLC are the best bits of the GTA IV series, considering the improvements it introduced, enjoy playing them. By the way, have you played Chinatown Wars? It plays like similarly to the 2D games with a mix of IV into it.

My first GTA game was the second one and it was really fun to get into. I agree with on GTA IV's story as one of its main selling points. I really liked Niko as the main character and its dark, gritty tone. The DLC are the best bits of the GTA IV series, considering the improvements it introduced, enjoy playing them. By the way, have you played Chinatown Wars? It plays like similarly to the 2D games with a mix of IV into it.

I did play chinatown wars on my phone for a while! I used to have quite a commute when I lived in London so played games on my phone a lot. Now I almost never do though.

I'm all about the story in games, but in GTA I do enjoy the odd killing spree. GTA IV had the best overall narrative of the series, in my opinion; it was dark, profound and often unsettling, which surprised me and really engaged me. I found GTA V's story to be a bit shit, so I don't feel the desire to replay the single-player campaign. If I play GTA V these days it's always to play online with friends. 

I'm a little surprised how many people think that just because you're "all grow'd up now" means that you're compelled to transition away from what is no doubt the most enjoyable part of the GTA games.  Even with IV's well-crafted narrative.

Even if I try to avoid the killing spree's... it doesn't last very long when I'm driving down the road and a pedestrian randomly crosses the road in front of me, I clip him, and suddenly find myself in an all out manhunt with the police for a sporadic half hour of high speed carnage until I lose them or die.  It's practically unavoidable.  I have to laugh at the thought of some of you following the road rules to a tee outside of missions, stopping at red lights, driving the speed limit, and re-loading your save game if you ever find yourself in a precarious situation. xD

Edited by PleaseHoldOn