Sony vs Steam

Crespelio-X12

Sony vs Steam  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Sony vs Steam

• Steam
    • Sony

Steam doesn't have every game available that was released for their console (I lost track of how many different pc gaming stores there are) while sony has every game available that was released for their console as either a physical or digital release. I have to give the edge to sony.

They're both good platforms, but Steam generally have way better sales. But PC games these days are cheaper anyway. Considering I play way more on my PS systems these days though, I'd probably say Sony right now. 

Steam doesn't have every game available that was released for their console (I lost track of how many different pc gaming stores there are) while sony has every game available that was released for their console as either a physical or digital release. I have to give the edge to sony.

He said nobody buys physical games 

This is tough to say. I think it would be better to compare Steam and PSN. Comparing Steam to Sony is tough. Sony has a portable console, where as PC gaming has no way to play on the go unless you haul a laptop around. If you have a powerful PC, you simply can't beat the quality of PC games. But you'd need to invest at least three times the amount of money of a brand new PS4 to achieve that quality. Is that worth investing in to get an edge on graphics and performance? Depends, I guess.

I will say this: Steam has incredible sales. They got the massive summer and winter sale. They also have weekly and daily deals. Sony has gotten better with sales throwing us more and more flash sales and those 99 cent deals I've been hearing about, but I don't believe they are up to the standards of Steam. 

But after spending time on Steam I found I kept investing money into steam sales, and never even downloading over half the games.

They both have their pros and cons. That's why I own a gaming PC along with multiple Sony consoles. Best of both worlds. 

Edit: One more point goes to Steam for their new return policy. That is pretty sweet. 

Edited by PipeSwinger

I would be happy enough when PSN would have Steamprices in general, or at least in sales. ... Prices are messed up anyway... Someone should fix that somehow <_< I dont like Steam or whatever, because PC-gaming its way too fragmented.

Example,

AC:Unity:

15€ USA

20€ g2a.com UPLAY-key

30€ Austria

31€ Poland

35€ Germany

35€ UK

40€ STEAM

60€ g2a.com STEAM-key

65€ Belgium

70€ PSN

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

Both have good pros and cons, I don't know if I could say which one is better though.

This is tough to say. I think it would be better to compare Steam and PSN. Comparing Steam to Sony is tough. Sony has a portable console, where as PC gaming has no way to play on the go unless you haul a laptop around. If you have a powerful PC, you simply can't beat the quality of PC games. But you'd need to invest at least three times the amount of money of a brand new PS4 to achieve that quality. Is that worth investing in to get an edge on graphics and performance? Depends, I guess.

I will say this: Steam has incredible sales. They got the massive summer and winter sale. They also have weekly and daily deals. Sony has gotten better with sales throwing us more and more flash sales and those 99 cent deals I've been hearing about, but I don't believe they are up to the standards of Steam. 

But after spending time on Steam I found I kept investing money into steam sales, and never even downloading over half the games.

They both have their pros and cons. That's why I own a gaming PC along with multiple Sony consoles. Best of both worlds.

I don't think people invest that much in computers to edge out the competition nowadays. 

Steam isn't a console but a platform. 

Both have good pros and cons, I don't know if I could say which one is better though.

I don't think people invest that much in computers to edge out the competition nowadays. 

Steam isn't a console but a platform. 

What are your PC specs? And how much did you invest? Out of curiosity.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by PipeSwinger

I like Steam more for a multitude of reasons. However I don't play many PC games anymore, mainly because I don't feel like upgrading my graphics card in order to play newer games. But still, Steam all the way.

PC has the sales.  I honestly do prefer my console though.  My old roommate always had the most up-to-date rig and started giving me pieces of the old one. (but super freaking stanky awesome regardless) so I do PC game as well.  

Have to go with console for ease and exclusives :)

How typical for a #PCmasterrace

I don't really get the hype about Steam sales. Is it something cool to have a library of games you will never play because you bought them for 50 cents?

Yes. Also humble bundles. It's cool to have 700 games in your steam library! ... shut up, I'll play them... some day.... yeaaaah, I'll show you... I'll totes get around to playing them! Then you'll see... then you'll allll seeee!! *cackles madly* 

• Like 2

Well, if it's Steam vs PSN, then Steam definitely wins

Mostly for its sales, to be honest... they're insane

meh. 

Most of the game i want are only discounted for 25% top...

I prefer PSN, just for the PS+ :)

Also, i like to improve my PSNprofile xD

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Yep, confirming my point, thankies.

Tbf though, I drop a lot of money on PSN sales too xD I must have spent £100 on the last EU Japan sales. Soooo many shiny JRPG's for my Vita! Which will sit waiting to be played too ;p

• Like 2

And doesn't that motivate you to play the games? ;) To feel you haven't wasted money? =)

It does to an extent. But I guess I'm a typical girl. "omg it's on saaaale?! Gotta get me it!" xD Or something like that. I've made a promise to myself, that I will do my very best to play ever game I own. I know my list keeps getting longer, and time is finite, but by the great mother goddess I shall do it! To the Steam sale thing, I only buy games I'm interested in, but Bundle stuff I buy mainly for one or two games... and because I am like I am, I gotta input all the codes for whatever reason x D Also... can I please have a 1TB card for my vita so I can install everything? xD I'm weird like that too... "If it's installed I can play it whenever I want, I don't have to wait!"

• Like 1