Is the plat worth the hassle?

LittleBlueMacaw

It's that one trophy probably everyone hates: Dedication

I heard it's also glitchy as hell...

I got Crysis 3 on PS+, Crysis and Crysis 2 are currently on sale and I'd like to plat the whole series (I always try to perfect every game of a series). But is it really worth the hassle? And how are the other online trophies? And should I be worried about server shutdowns (it's EA after all)?

Both Dedication and Tooled up glitched on me so I say it's not worth it. I've met the requirements for tooled up 3 times and it refuses to pop. I tried playing on January 1st as people suggest to get dedication and got nothing. These 2 trophies will prevent me from getting the plat.

The servers are pretty much dead so finding a game can be hard but I didn't have any problems finding people to boost with.

• Like 1

First, thank you everyone for your opinions~! :)

Is there still a few boosting groups around at least?

I've seen some in the past. But none recently. :(

Even if you meet the requirement there is a chance you will never get the plat because of the tooled up glitch. Keep that in mind before starting.

Both Dedication and Tooled up glitched on me so I say it's not worth it. I've met the requirements for tooled up 3 times and it refuses to pop. I tried playing on January 1st as people suggest to get dedication and got nothing. These 2 trophies will prevent me from getting the plat.

Tooled Up is also glitched? Damn, that's demotivating. :( Guess I'll have to pass on this series then...

I'll be getting the platinum today. I just need to hit level 50 (I'm level 46 right now). It's been a long road, but I'd say it was worth it. I really did enjoy the game. You should be worried about "Tooled Up" though. This trophy is very glitchy. It should unlock at 45, but for many it doesn't. You then need to reboot, and possibly start climbing through the ranks again in hope that this trophy doesn't glitch on you. It did glitch on me, but I was fortunate to get my hands on a limited edition of the game. Using the code that came with that did the trick for achieving the trophy. 

• Like 2

The question of "is it worth it" is really a personal choice and can be different for everyone. Based on your comments, I would say it depends on how much not completing an entire series really bothers you. If you are someone who worries about completion percentage or hates having a game without the plat on your profile then it's probably not worth the risk. If you could care less about those type of things, then the game was enjoyable enough to give it a try, especially if it's on sale for cheap.

I have been extremely lucky so far (knocks on wood) considering I haven't experienced any of the glitches yet. The only trophy I need for the platinum is the dreaded "Dedication" and I'm counting down the days until August 1 to see if it glitches on me. We had a large group who started the game about the same time and we all got "Tooled Up" without it glitching on us. However, a couple people joined us later who had been playing the game for years and had never gotten the trophy even though they had ranked up about 5 times. Actually 1 of those people finally got the trophy while playing with us. I played almost 6 months ago and the servers were pretty dead. Finding players for "Jack of All Trades" was basically impossible without boosting. Luckily, it wasn't hard finding a group to boost with. Anyways, both "Tooled Up" and "Dedication" are extremely glitchy. If "Tooled Up" glitches on you, at least you can try rebooting (prestige) and keep trying if you have the desire. Unfortunately, if "Dedication" glitches, you are basically screwed unless you get lucky and it pops after playing on a January 1. 

Sorry for the long post. I guess in the end, it's simple and comes down to whether you experience any glitches or not. If one of the trophies glitches and you care about not obtaining the plat then it's definitely not worth it. If you are lucky and don't have any glitches then you will have finished the series and have a memorable plat. Then again, it's memorable because of how glitchy it can be, not because it's really that difficult. 

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 1

Based on your comments, I would say it depends on how much not completing an entire series really bothers you.

Yep, I'm that kind of a gamer. It's a curse I can't get rid of. XP

But yeah, I already made my decision to not go for this series. I know it has glitchy trophies, but THAT bad? No thanks~

Yep, I'm that kind of a gamer. It's a curse I can't get rid of. XP

But yeah, I already made my decision to not go for this series. I know it has glitchy trophies, but THAT bad? No thanks~

Good decision imo, the multiplayer of 2 is glitched, incredibly boring, takes a damn long time and I always have a hard time finding a decent game (most have only 4 people or so)...

Gave up on it a long time ago...

• Like 1