Do you often buy collectors edition?

Haysi_Fantayzee

So last week I bought Sleeping dogs for the PS4 and I went for the boxed version with the printed art book which I really really like.

Last month I pledged on Kickstarter for Shenmue III and I will be getting an art book curated by Yu Suzuki aswell as a T shirt and loads of other items.

Very excited about this.

So I was wondering if you tend to go for special edition or boxed edition, or if you are not really bothered about that?

Edited by Haysi_Fantayzee

Depends on how much I like the game, how much it costs compared to the vanilla version and the bonuses the special edition comes packed with. Also, the cover. Some special editions' covers look a lot worse than the regular version.

But generally, yes, I try to get the collector's edition.

If it's for a game or series that I really like then yes. Mass Effect 2 & 3, Dragon Age Origins, Ni No Kuni, Gears of War 3, Bioshock Infinite, Arkham Knight, Elder Scrolls Online, Killzone 3, God of War Ascension, Borderlands 2, and The Order 1886. I have Dragon Quest Heroes Collectors edition preorder too along with Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition. get one and you put yourself on a dangerous slope especially if there is a cool looking statue or collectable.

• Like 1

I would have to say the Gears of War 3 one. It was my very first collectors edition, and the Marcus Fenix statue is massive and very well done. I absolutely love Gears of War haha, but Sadly I don't play Xbox anymore after getting my gamerscore wiped due to a "misunderstanding" by Microsoft. All 117600 gone...sigh...

And they said they can't simply restore it, if I wanted to get it back I would have to play all those games again. Four years and 1000s hours worth

• Like 1

I do, I have quite a few. I really like the 'statues', art books and steel books. Sound tracks are okay. I wanted the Arkham Knight collectors edition but ended up getting the 'complete edition'. That's the game and season pass, €15 on day of release. €5 deposit so €20 altogether so on this occasion, I was happy to miss out on the collectors edition. 

Sometimes. But only if there's a bonus I really want.

For example Nep RB3 had mousepad and papercraft Nep.

Steins;Gate had my beloved Mayushii Metal Upa.

Danganronpa 2 had Monokuma glasses.

(And definitely these games do not have Kana Hanazawa in common, that's just your imagination. It's definitely not like I buy LEs just because the game contains HanaKana)

• Like 1

Almost every game I bought for ps3, I got the collectors edition if there was one. Wasted so much money as I was living withy folks and had next to no bills.

Now I've moved out I think I've got possibly only one or two. It's rare if I buy them full price anymore let alone a special edition

I collect them. CE's, LE's, special editions, day one editions and especially steelcases. But i'd only get an expensive CE or LE when you actually get value for your money and if i'm a fan of the game/franchise. Most of the CE's/LE's i buy are around 50-80€ depending on seller so it isn't that bad. And you can often find steelcases and other special edition for dirt cheap used. The most expensive CE i have is the MK X one with the statue which was 150€. I had to make some sacrifices for that, but it was totally worth it =)

• Like 1

I buy a lot of collectors editions kind of like to think I collect them I actually have a few on pre-order just now I have MGSV The Phantom Pain UK limited edition(£100) MGSV TPP Japanese premium package (£400) and Fallout 4 Pip Boy edition (£100)