Makilio's Trophy Checklist

Makilio

Updated to include Disgaea 4, finishing off the series!

1Sbb5704.png #44: Unanimously Elected

About the game

Disgaea 4 is the fourth game of the series by NIS. The story follows Valvatorez and his boyfriend loyal vassal Fenrick as he strives to become the greatest Prinny instructor. The game is also home to the grindiest trophy list of the series.

Things I liked:

• Pretty much everything. Honestly, Disgaea 4 is my favorite entry of the series. There's very few flaws I can think of in the game.

Things I disliked:

• Ally move panels. Not lethal, just annoying. Get them out of my games.

It's hard to name specifics since I played most of the game a few years ago; I only had the few grindy trophies left, and any complaint I could think of was solved in the next releases. It's definitely my favorite out of the series to play, despite lacking all of the nice QoL updates that came with 5. The reason? Disgaea 5 didn't have Marona-kins. For anyone that's not a huge fan of Phantom Brave, 5 is definitely superior, but I'm loyal to the Possessed.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to include Kingdom Hearts: 0.2 BBS: A Fragmentary Passage.

S307d7d.png

About the game

KH0.2BBSAFP is the newest game in the Kingdom Hearts series which bridges the gap of what happened to Aqua between BBS and KH1, as well as leads up into the plot of Kingdom Hearts 3, so it also takes place after DDD when it comes to Riku, Kairi, and Sora.

Things I liked:

• Pretty much everything. The game's only 5-6 hours long with cutscenes included, so there's not really many bullet points I can make. The music was wonderful, the plot was engaging, and the difficulty on Critical was brutal (Phantom Aqua wasn't fooling around).

Things I disliked:

• Mickey's a jerk for leaving Aqua in the realm of darkness forever when he can apparently use DiZ's cards to teleport to Castle Oblivion. We could've had Aqua and Ventus in the realm of light by now.

Overall, it's a nice game to get a feel of what to expect for KH3, which I'm expecting great things! I was hoping to plat BBS before this came out, but I'm a slow player, and since I've already played BBS and DDD, I just decided to dive in and come back to them later. I should have the series platinumed by the time KH3 releases (iffy on KH2 since I wasn't the biggest fan of the game, but we'll have to see).

• 1 month later...

Updated to include Mugen Souls.

1S2d9364.png #45: The Undisputed God

About the game

Mugen Souls is an RPG created by Compile Heart that is essentially HDN with the grind of Disgaea. The story follows Lady Chou-Chou on her quest to take over the universe and find out about her past.

Things I liked:

• The story was pretty nice (or so I remember; it's been too long since I actually played the story). It shares the satire you'd expect from the HDN series, so if you like that portion of HDN, you'd love the storyline of Mugen Souls.
  • The music. It's composed by Tenpei Sato, so it's worth listening to, especially since the platinum takes several hundred hours (note: I ended up muting the game around 300 hours in to watch shows during the non-interactive parts of the grind).

Things I didn't like:

• Resource sharing. You and the enemies share the knock-back associated with skills, as well as PP (used for the strongest attacks in the game). Not fun to see yourself get one-shot 400+ hours in just because you miscalculated how fast your resources grow.
  • RNG. This is the part of the grind nobody warned me about; it's not about the 400 hours you'll spend grinding Shampurus after doing 10+ storyline runs, no, but the amount of times you're resetting because of the RNG kicking you down.
  • The load times. I probably spent more time waiting for the load screen than actually playing the game, and coupling with the fact starting up the game has the longest load times and the previous bullet point, you'll be waiting about 7-8 minutes every time you hard reset (there's no soft reset for some reason).

Ugh, I'm so glad to finally get this behemoth off my backlog. If it wasn't for the RNG doubling the required time for the platinum, it probably wouldn't be too bad... Maybe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

Congrats on platinums 44-45. :)

5 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Only very few brave souls have ever returned from Mugen Souls while their soul still intact. You, my friend, are one of the very few, and I applaud you for that. Will you go\\be going for the Mortal Kombat platinum next? lol :awesome:

Thanks, and probably not since I suck at fighting games :P  I do plan on platting SO4 eventually though, but definitely not next.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to include Nihilumbra.

Sebd611.png

About the game

Nihilumbra is a platformer created by BeautiFun Games for the iOS before porting it to PC and eventually to PS Vita. The storyline follows a denizen of the void trying to create a life for itself, despite being hunted by the void to return.

Things I liked:

• The puzzle aspects. Playing through the story was pretty fun, as the puzzles started simple and slowly became more complex as you unlocked more powers.

Things I didn't like:

• The difficulty. The story mode was pretty easy, as I was able to knock it out in a few hours without a guide. However, the difficulty cranks itself up to max when you go into Void mode (post-storyline). While I love a good challenge, some of those stages were relentless, especially when paired with the upcoming bullet point.
  • Stage balance. Some of the stages were definitely not balanced to be on the Vita, as you're expected to move with D-pad, swap around powers with the buttons, apply your powers to the stage using the touch screen, all while keeping track of everything moving on the stage and get the motions done close to flawless. Needless to say, void mode would have been more enjoyable if I was playing on the PC. On the Vita, it's simply frustrating to have to hold it awkwardly just to have enough fingers available to solve the puzzle.
  • Surprise deaths. Void mode loved to surprise you with a death upon switching screens. Not really fun to die to something unexpected that you can't really prepare for.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the game. On one hand, I loved the puzzles, and if I played it on the PC, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. On the other, playing it on the Vita is just frustrating at times, and I'm not sure if I'd recommend that to anyone. 

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to include Persona 4 Golden.

1Sbe6201.png #46: Golden Completed

About the game

xK3fbG9.jpg

Things I liked:

• The music. I loved the original soundtrack, and the newly added songs were just as great. 
  • Outfits. Being able to use the various costumes in dungeons was definitely welcomed, although it ended up with me using Bath Towels for all the guys.
  • New scenes + January/February events. Fleshing out the characters even more is nice, especially Naoto since she wasn't given much in the main game. The Aeon and Jester social links were pretty nice as well.
  • Kanji. Shame he's too young for me now, although he was my age when the game originally came out.
Spoiler

5cgd9HB.jpg

nazVc4v.jpg

cTmTUvJ.jpg

GoYIJGq.jpg

bv3wMwD.jpg

kbTcxJe.jpg

Things I didn't like:

• Not being able to get the ski outfits and epilogue outfits. Kanji's ski attire was adorable, and it'd give me an option besides the bath towel. Maybe.
  • The harmonica in the opening. It completely ruins the song, which I already didn't like as much as the original. Without it, it'd be okay.

As most people agree, Persona 4 Golden is a really great game. I loved the original, but this version's definitely more enjoyable. Since I'm a long-time fan of the Persona (and SMT) series, I'm excited to hear what Atlas has planned for this year. The SO has been bugging me to play P4 Arena with him, and since he bought me Persona 5 for beating P4G, I may have to cave despite not liking fighting games. I hope Score Attack Mode isn't too hard.

• 3 months later...

Updated to include Persona 5.

1Sf8e61c.png #47: Legendary Phantom Thief

About the game

flm65b0tbxpcs9ytgdbd.png

Things I liked:

• The music. Definitely the best part of a Persona game, and they keep managing to outdo themselves each time. Rivers in the Desert and Life will Change have made it to my workout playlists. Whims of Fate is pretty enjoyable as well.
  • The characters / plot. Despite Haru and the second half of the game feeling rushed, I liked all of the confidants and character development. The plot seems strangely relateable for some reason.
  • Difficulty. It was definitely more difficult than P3 and P4, and it vaguely reminded me of SMT Nocturne during my first playthrough. Glad to see the series not hold your hand completely. Also glad to see Nuclear and Psi return.
  • Costumes. Definitely an improvement from P4G since there were multiple good ones, and since it took me so long, I got to use all of the free DLC ones. My favorites being swimsuits for everyone and the butler outfit for the guys.
  • Character balance. Everyone felt useful in some way, aside from Yusuke.
  • Iwai and Ryuji for various reasons.

Things I didn't like:

• Mishima. Asshole made me do a third playthrough because I missed one of his early text messages.
  • Yusuke's combat. I really liked his character, so I was looking forward to using him in battle, but... he quickly became acquainted with the bench. He has no use whatsoever in battle aside from Masukukaja, and that's not that strong of a point. Ryuji outclasses him physically at all points in the game (those who say Yusuke > Ryuji mid-game aren't fooling anyone with Swift Strike being one of the best moves). His magic stat is comparable to Ryuji, but he doesn't get any amplifiers for damage/freezing, so it's actually worse. In fact, he plays like a worse Chie, and she wasn't worth using either. To fix him? The obvious Charge would be nice, although I'd increase his Luck and Agility, give him Revolution, Apt Pupil, and Freeze Boost. Make his stat-sticks guns give increased crit chance and luck. Let his niche be around the Baton Pass mechanic completely. Not useful for bosses, but it'll make him useful and different than Ryuji.
  • Dungeons felt long, but that could be the third playthrough speaking.
  • Gameplay recording being blocked, even several months after the game's release. There's no good reason for this to be happening.

Regardless of taking a third playthrough, I actually enjoyed each playthrough completely, although there was a month gap between the second and third due to getting a new job and moving. Definitely a great game, and I recommend it as one of PS4's best RPGs. As for my next few games, the SO's television broke, so we're down to just one, so that throws a wrench in my plan to knock out some of the quicker PS3 games to rush for my 50th on Guided Fate. The new plan is to show love to the Vita for awhile, so Demon Gaze is most likely next. After that, it'll probably be Oreshika or Shiren the Wanderer.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to include Demon Gaze.

1S76284b.png #48: Demon Gazer

About the game

Demon Gaze is a dungeon crawling RPG created by Kadokawa Games & Experience Inc. The story follows Oz, a demon gazer, as he saves the world from impending doom with the help of mercenaries he found at the only inn in the world.

Things I liked:

• Each class felt unique and useful. I used a party of Paladin / Gazer / Wizard / Healer / Ranger, and each class had its own uses. While I didn't use Fighter/Samurai/Assassin, their descriptions seemed to continue the pattern. Only thing to note is that the Wizard was essentially a weaker Healer for 90% of the storyline until he transformed into a powerhouse.
  • Artifacts. Each character is allowed to equip 5 of them, and they essentially allow them to use another class's abilities on top of their own. Funny enough, the best artifacts for Wizard/Healer are each others. My personal favorite was Cyclone on the Ranger, which allowed him to activate his pierce skill several times per turn and end most of the post-game bosses on turn 2.
  • Equal-ish fan service. Half naked party members for everyone and for most NPCs, although I'm sad Cassel didn't strut around like Lezerem.
  • Prometh. I really liked her "don't care" attitude about everything. Nice contrast to the rest of the frantic cast that run around like headless chickens.

Things I didn't like:

• Fran. Girl needs to chill. Maybe I missed a part of the storyline, but there's no reason for her to be so obsessed with Oz. Even Compile Heart's characters don't feel as forced as her.
  • Storyline. Honestly, not that great. To make it short, Oz just goes around looking at demons after beating them down. Fran obsesses over him in the process. Now, I did enjoy the development of all of the minor characters, but as for the main plot line, no thanks.
  • Boss RNG. Boss difficulties come in two flavors: stupidly easy or Game Over, and the deciding factor was how the boss decided to act. Sometimes you'll lose half your party before any of your characters move, and other times the same boss will flounder about and be dead by turn 3. Or in the case of my first attempt at the final post-game boss, stalemate because he kept summoning seeds that would summon more seeds and make his team invulnerable, but still be unable to do any meaningful damage to me.
  • The Muramasa trophies. I'd understand if there was a trophy for getting an S-ranked weapon of any type, but having 2 for Samurai-exclusive weapons is ridiculous especially for those that don't have any use for them. It took me about an hour of resetting to get the Big Muramasa and then another 3 hours of resetting for the regular one, and I can't even use them.

Overall, it's a pretty fun dungeon crawler with fan service for everyone. I'm not a fan of RNG dictating things, which this game takes to a new level. I probably wouldn't recommend it to most people because of the RNG, but if you're not worried about that, definitely pick it up. As for the upcoming sequel, I'll probably wait awhile for a sale before picking it up, so it'll be awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to include Lemmings Touch.

1S80f3b1.png #49: Obtain All Trophies

About the game

Lemmings Touch is developed by d3t Ltd, although the developer differs for each game in the series. In this particular game, three major features were added: touchscreen controls, interactive obstacles, and mischievous Lemmings, both of which make the game unique from the rest in the series.

Things I liked:

•  The puzzle difficulty. I played the Lemmings quite a bit when I was younger, although I must've not been very good even though I remember beating them, as a lot of the levels beat me down pretty bad.
  • Mischievous Lemmings. Having to juggle what to do with them, since you can't let them reach the exit, was pretty fun; I hope they return in any future installments.

Things I didn't like:

• Touch screen controls. This is a game that sometimes require pixel-perfect commands for your Lemmings, and despite my tiny fingers, I still had trouble being as accurate as I liked, leading me to start the level over.
  • Command balloon. Instead of having a menu like previous versions, the command are in a floating (and movable) balloon. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, however, if you tap between any of the commands, the balloon will usually move. Sometimes, it'll disappear because why not? Coupled with the need for accuracy, the balloon because a huge burden on the harder stages.
  • The music. I only liked one of the tracks.
  • Interactive obstacles/stuff. These include cannons, trampolines and moving blocks. You can control the angle of the former two, and since every pixel matters, getting the right one can be somewhat tedious. Not to mention, there are several stages completely centered around this mechanic, so you have to make sure every cannon/trampoline is aimed correctly. Also, each cannon has a certain Lemming/time velocity it can reach. Move too fast and your Lemmings will march right past the cannon to their death. 
  • The nuke. When you mess up for whatever reason, you'd like to restart the stage to show it who's boss. That's where the nuke comes in, it gives your Lemmings a countdown and they explode! While this isn't a new feature, I don't remember it being this slow. The countdown happens in waves and doesn't automatically start for all of the Lemmings, so they kind of take their time exploding all over the place. I don't like having to wait 30 seconds to restart the level because some Lemming didn't want to explode with the class.

Honestly, the controls completely ruined any enjoyment I could get from this game. I went in excited to play one of my childhood games, only to come out a bitter old man.

• 3 months later...

Updated to include The Guided Fate Paradox!

1Sc07e4f.png #50: Thou Art God!

About the game

The Guided Fate Paradox is a roguelike game that is a spiritual successor to one of NIS's earlier titles, ZHP. The story follows a lucky young man, Renya Kagurazaka, and his quest to becoming a God as he guides fates to a revolution.

Things I liked

• Pretty much everything. From the music to the gameplay, I had a blast the whole way through. Some of the enemies were annoying, but luckily the AI was predictable and in turn, abusable. Everything you'd expect from a roguelike, you'll find in this game.

Things I didn't like

• It's over. Sure, there's a sequel, but from what I've heard, it doesn't measure up to GFP, but we'll see when I get around to playing it.

Definitely recommend playing this game for anyone that's a fan of roguelikes or NIS games. I had the pleasure of completing it without a trophy guide or even looking at the "secret" trophies due to a wager, so I got to flounder about for ~200 hours as I reinvented the wheel (as much as I enjoyed it, I probably wouldn't do it again, lol). I'm looking forward to see representatives of this game in future Disgaeas and Makai Wars.

• Like 1

Updated to include Sly Cooper Thieves in Time!

1S6a25ec.png #51: Mask and Stripes Forever

About the game

Sly Cooper was originally created by Sucker Punch Productions, but was handed over to Sanzaru Games (the company that ported the original games to HD PS3) for this installment. The story follows Sly as he travels through time meeting his ancestors while attempting to not be erased from history.

Things I liked:

• The story was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of the original series, but I liked what Sanzaru Games did with it. If there's ever a Sly 4, I hope they have a hand in it.
  • The ancestors/playable characters. All of them were pretty fun to play as, aside from Bentley, but I've always found him to be the worst part of the series.

Things I didn't like:

• Not all of the cutscenes were skippable, which also include some of the longer ones. Was kind of annoying that I had to sit through it a second time when I went back for collectables. Also, none of the minigames were skippable either, so you'd have to play them again if a collectable was further along the mission.
  • Bentley and his hacking minigames. They were flat-out not fun, especially Spark Runner, and they were pretty much forced into what felt like everything. 

Finally glad to have this game off my backlog. It's definitely the best out of the series, although from me, that doesn't mean much, but I actually had fun with this one, so I'd recommend it even if you didn't like the original trilogy, but you'll want to have some patience for Bentley.

--

On 12/11/2017 at 0:16 AM, FreddySM14 said:

Congratulations on your 50th platinum

Amazing collection

Such dedication ?

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to include Saints Row IV.

1Sb808b0.png #52: Kingpin

About the game

The fourth entry in the Saints Row series by Volition. This title follows the Boss of the Saints as he becomes the president of the USA and then captured by aliens. With the help of his crew, he goes on a mission to reclaim the planet he loves dearly.

Things I liked

• The story. Definitely a big fan on Saints Row not taking it self seriously, and this game is no exception. I'm glad Kinzie's becoming more important as the series goes on.
  • The DLC scenarios. Both of them were enjoyable, but I'd definitely say the winner is How the Saints saved Christmas and everything about Mrs Claus.

Things I didn't like

• Mission locations. Every mission seemed to start on the complete opposite side of Steelport, which means running back and forth as you try to accomplish anything.
  • No cruise control for cars. No idea why they'd take it out, other than to encourage you to use your powers as a method of transportation. 
  • Minigames. Honestly, I found maybe one or two of them enjoyable - all of the rest of them were either too easy/boring or annoyingly difficult. 
  • The amount of collectibles. There didn't need to be over a thousand collectibles, although I suppose they gave you something to go after as you're constantly running across Steelport. More annoying - not all of the clusters were even used! They could've taken out over a hundred of them without modifying any costs.
  • Fourth and Forty trophy. Now, I'm definitely not the fastest gamer in existence plus I occasionally leave the console running when I take breaks, so most of my play times are over the average mentioned in trophy guides. When there's a time-sensitive trophy that I'm waiting around to unlock, there's a problem. I was able to unlock every other trophy, including all of the DLC ones, in about 34 hours. That's six hours of nothing for a fairly slow gamer.

Overall, I found Saints Row IV to be an okay game. I enjoyed it for the story and character development, but for everything else, it seems like a downgrade from previous titles. I'm hoping things pick up in Gat out of Hell.

• 4 months later...

Updated to include Toukiden Kiwami

1Se33ffa.png  #53: The Ultimate Slayer

About the Game

Toukiden is Koei Tecmo's version of Monster Hunter; they saw how popular the genre was and noticed that there was a lack of it on the Playstation systems, thus Toukiden was created. The storyline follows an avatar and his journey to protect a village from the Oni. Along the way, he gets power from the heroes of history and lore, known as mitama. With 9 weapon types and 300+ mitama, there are a variety of builds and playstyles possible.

My Build & Party

Aside from the solo trophies (which I used Rifle/Naginata), all of my time was spent with CnS. I tried many builds, with my favorites being PLN >= LCK = SPD >> everything else. As for my party, I found Soma (ATK)/Yamato (ATK)/Rinne (AID) to be the best party since I never saw anyone online. Soma breaks legs fairly quickly, allowing me to focus on the upper body (which is where the CnS excels). Yamato had the ability to cancel Oni attacks and animations and did so regularly (Oka can do the same, but her damage is lower than Yamato's). Rinne was essentially on purification duty with minor support from her LCK Random build. Nagi (AID) gets a nice mention for the early game as you learn the boss patterns, but swapping to Rinne is definitely worth it for the increased damage and LCK utility. If purification support was not necessary, I would sub Rinne out for Hayatori (FREE).

As for the specific mitama I used, I got most of my build ideas from here. As for my PLN build, this is a good start.

Things I liked

• The characters. While they were somewhat flat personality-wise, they still had a certain charm to them. I enjoyed the short storyline, with Horo being my favorite.
  • The artwork - The characters are wonderfully drawn; the mitama are beautiful; the Oni pictures are stunning. The art team definitely did a great job with everything.
  • Build variety. Being able to change everything was pretty nice. While I have minor experience with the other 8 weapon types, I did try them out and they all felt incredibly different from one another. I got some good experience using the Rifle and Naginata while soloing, and they were pretty fun.

Things I didn't like

• Mitama rarity. For an important part of one's build, specific mitama can be a pain in the butt to get. I actually spent a week farming one boss to get a certain mitama; I think I finally got it on like kill #70. I was hoping I was unlucky, but I saw some complaints about the same mitama online.
    • Similar complaint for boss drops. All material have tiers that can be divided up between the three difficulties: Normal/Ex/Ult. In my experience, the drops tend to be for the previous difficulty with generic drops mixed in; the Ult versions are a myth. Also, a few of the Ult materials are just slight changes from the Ex version, leading to some frustrating moments when you think you have enough and find out you don't. Example: Frostwing horns is an Ex drop from a Frostwing - Frostwing horn is the Ult version of it. Not so amusing when you think you finally have enough materials to craft a weapon.
  • Mynx, Panthera, and every Grinder boss. They were all frustrating to fight with CnS. Why do you need to go untargetable/invisible and run all over the map? Just sit still and die like everyone else.
  • Weapon Devotee. This trophy gives Mugen Souls some competition.

Overall, it was a somewhat enjoyable game, but being a 300+ hour plat for me, it had its moments of "I hate this game". I feel like the game is more enjoyable when played it smaller doses, or if you're lucky enough to play with friends/other players.

Edited by Makilio

Updated to include Monsterbag.

S8b5509.png

About the game

Monsterbag is a puzzle game that was created by IguanaBee. The game play follows a demonic backpack as it tries to reunite with its oblivious owner after she leaves it while accidentally causing an apocalypse (oops?). The environment is filled with angry monsters that have it out for the backpack for some reason. Honestly, I have no idea what the plot is.

What I liked

• Character designs. This is honestly what drew me to the game.

What I didn't like

• I have no idea what is going on with the plot.

Monsterbag was a pretty short game; I was able to 100% it in about 90 minutes despite making a lot of mistakes.

Updated to include Dragon Fantasy Book I.

S504cfe.png

About the game

Dragon Fantasy Book I was developed by The Muteki Corporation and was originally an iOS game. The game is split into several chapters that follows a different main character, but all of the storylines overlap to build a central plot. The game makes several references to popular RPGs and plays similar to an RPG you'd find on the NES.

What I liked

• The plot/characters. While the plot was not complicated in the slightest, it was nicely written and put together over the three chapters. It gave me that nice nostalgia feeling, which is pretty hard to do without going overboard.

What I didn't like

• Shaky hit rate. All of the characters have fairly low hit rate (sub-80%) to start, and while it increases with levels; it's not enough. Missing with every character several turns in a row feels pretty bad as the enemy wails on you.
  • Bad menu navigation. Another thing that should have stayed in the past; navigating the menus is pretty slow - having to scroll through your inventory to equip everything. There's no sorting/reorganization option for the inventory. All battle commands are final for the character, so try not to make any mistakes.

Aside from a few outdated mechanics that should've been left in the past, it was a pretty fun game.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to include Surge Deluxe.

Sf7934b.png

About the game

Surge Deluxe is a matching game by FurturLab where the goal is to clear the stage of 48 blocks as quick as possible. There are two pressure gauges on the sides that build up over time, that can be relieved by opening the vents on the side (all of the blocks in front of it on that side need to be cleared prior), and there is a time limit at the bottom (which can be refilled based on number of blocks in a chain).

Things I liked

• Gameplay. It's all that the game has, of course, but it's one of those fun games that you can pick up and play for a few minutes.

Things I didn't like

• Falling blocks and their aim. When you do not have enough of a color to clear the stage, an additional block will fall from the top to allow you to complete the stage. However, the block tends to have a habit to fall exactly where I don't want to: right in front of my finger, causing it to instantly disrupt my current chain; right in front of a vent I just opened up; or in the rare case, in the perfect spot to prevent any future matches, effectively making the stage impossible to complete.

Overall, it was a pretty fun game that you can pick up and play a quick game. I'm not sure I'd consider it fun enough for :bronze: Grinder Man, but I may not have considered the game without it.

13 hours ago, LimitedTimeGamer said:

Gotta say, nice work on your list! There are a lot of games there that i like and want to complete!

Thanks, and good luck! Most of them are pretty good and I recommend playing through at least once.

• 2 months later...

Updated to include Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

1Sf06d46.png #54: Hardcore Gamer!

About the game

D4:APR is the Vita port of the fourth entry in the Disgaea series. It includes all of the DLC for the PS3 version, as well as Fallen Angel Flonne (for those that didn't preorder the PS3 version properly) and Stella/Rutile (for those that interact with a D3 save in some tangible form). It also includes some much appreciated QoL improvements that were added to the series post-PS3 release.

Things I liked:

• Best version of the best entry in the series.
  • Marona and Ash are playable (may affect prior statement)

Things I didn't like:

• Nothing. This game is perfection.

I would've finished the game a week or so ago, but I had pretty bad RNG when it came to finding the Commando pirates and a legendary Apocalypse, which added about 25 more hours (the hunt for an Apocalypse was that bad for me). Even with the bad luck, it only took about 100 hours to platinum, which honestly isn't too bad when compared to the PS3 version.

Edited by Makilio

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to include World of Final Fantasy

1S9b1ce4.png#55: True Grymoirian

About the game

WoFF follows the twins, Lann and Reynn, who both suffer from amnesia, but are tasked with saving Grimoire from the Bahamutian Empire. Along the way, they befriend various characters from the Final Fantasy universes by helping them with their problems.

Things I liked:

• The storyline's cute, along silly at times.
  • Caravan merchant. His word choice got a few groans from me.
  • Champion medals. Really nice way of incorporating summons and Final Fantasy characters.

Things I didn't like:

• Tidus's minigame. Dude's gotten worse at blitzball.
  • Treasure Liberator without an in-game tracker. I missed a few chests during the story, so I had to rerun most of the dungeons double checking them all. Having an ingame tracker would've saved a decent chunk of time.
  • Tama. Not every sentences needs the word "the" the-forced into it.

Overall, it's an okay game. The story's pretty light-hearted until the end, although a lot of the characters can get somewhat annoying. As for the upcoming DLC, I'm indifferent towards it; I'll probably only pick it up and if contains DLC trophies.

• 1 month later...

Updated to include Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3 version)

1Scf35c1.png #56: Platinum

About the game

Uncharted 3 is an action-adventure game that follows Nathan Drake and his adventure to uncovering what Francis Drake truly sought after during his voyage.

Things I liked

• The story. This is the only entry in the series that I've played (and after I complete the MP trophies, probably the only entry), so I was missing some information during my first playthrough, but after reading the synopsis of the characters and playing through it twice, I've got to say, the story is pretty good.
  • Nathan Drake's pretty attractive.
  • The multiplayer is surprisingly fun once you get the hang of it.

Things I didn't like

• My first play-through on Normal. Honestly, I struggled on every skirmish the first time I've played; I typically don't play shooters, so I had no skills whatsoever. However, after playing some multiplayer and learning spawns, I've gotten somewhat better and breezed through Crushing with no problem, including the more difficult chapters (Cruisin for a Bruisin and Caravan).
  • Overseer trophy. I've attempted this several times and became pretty familiar with the map and spawns, but something out of my control prevents me from getting this trophy to pop *cough*.

I still have quite a bit of the MP to go, but once I get Overseer, I honestly won't be too worried about it; treasures will take an unknown amount, but I don't have many left, so it's all up to RNG and I'm friends with that concept. Other than that, finishing up 3TDM is the only other major timesink and I'm about halfway done with boosting that.