Your favourite moment across all the GoW games

Hello PSNP. 
Playing through the God of War series you come across a lot of epic and awesome moments, basically every minute. I would go as far as saying that God of War has some of the most memorable levels / boss fights ever.
Every game has one 'omg' moment for sure, and I could probably take out 3 moments from each game that I absolutely adore.

So my question is, what is your favourite God of War moment? It could be anything from a random fight, just a level, or a boss battle.

So its a tough one for me, as the series have so many moments I love, absolutely love. But my number one pick is the beginning of God of War III, when you're on Gaia's back and fighting Poseidon. And the whole fight with Poseidon is so epic.
Its one of the most memorable scenes in the history of gaming for me, and its the one that impress me the most. And even though I've already played through it several times, when I played it yesterday on God of War III Remastered I still got the chills from the amazing boss and level.

Amazing, so what's your favourite God of War memory from the entire series?

• Like 1

Not sure which one to pick, they're all epic in their own way.

• Kratos vs Poseidon
  • Kratos vs Hades
  • Kratos vs Zeus vs Gaia (I wish Santa Monica added this cut content from GOW3 to the Remaster)
  • Kratos performing his brutality on Helios
  • Kratos vs Aphrodite :eyebrow:

No, it's not a coincidence all of these moments are from GOW3. I think the 3 way fight between Kratos, Zeus and Gaia would've won.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I'd say the God of War II ending cinematic. Imagine being in 2007, the PS3 already starting to show its true potential. Yet the developers decide to make a game that pushes the PS2 to its very limit. An epic adventure like no other, and as you watch the final moments of the game you are getting ready to play what you think is the final battle against all gods at once, yet the video stops and the words "The end begins..." show up. I got goosebumps and my heart race. That moment itself was so meta, like the game itself telling you to wait a few, that the best was yet to come, and boy did it deliver.

A second honorable mention would be the start of GOW 3, specifically when Kratos says "Zeus, your son has returned!" It is also a really meta moment similar to StarCraft 2's intro because not only does Kratos speak to Zeus in-game. He is telling you, the player, he is back after years to finally destroy Olympus.

Edited by NICK16_06
  • Like 2

Well it has to be kratos against the last boss in the first game but for the life of me I can't remember his name? :( the fight was pretty damn amazing though, even after all these years I remember it.

Edited by Teyzii-
  • Like 1

Well it has to be kratos against the last boss in the first game but for the life of me I can't remember his name? :( the fight was pretty damn amazing though, even after all these years I remember it.

Ares is he's name, the God of War himself. And yes it was awesome, it felt so good to finally have that battle against him after all Kratos had been through! 

That was Ares, the former God of war.

OT:

For me, it would have to be the battles against the Sisters of Fate in GoW2, the whole game lead up to that point, and boy did it delivered.

• Like 1

The part in God of War III where we see that the spot Kratos had "died" in was empty with a blood trail leading away.

Despite the fact I don't like Kratos much as a character I was kinda glad to see that the game, seemingly being at its end, was left open for a sequel with his apparent survival. I like the greek mythology setting and even though I have no idea what could be left after GoW3 I'm interested to see where it goes. 

The part in God of War III where we see that the spot Kratos had "died" in was empty with a blood trail leading away.

Despite the fact I don't like Kratos much as a character I was kinda glad to see that the game, seemingly being at its end, was left open for a sequel with his apparent survival. I like the greek mythology setting and even though I have no idea what could be left after GoW3 I'm interested to see where it goes. 

Yes I agree, it was indeed an awesome moment. It made me super happy as I love Kratos and I love God of War and I want more lol.

I made a topic about my theory surrounding what I belive GoW4 will be. Seeing as Athena is the true villain of the series really and she isn't *technically* dead yet we have lots of stuff left to do. My theory needs to be updated a little bit however, and I have lots of more details on it if you're intrested in what IV might be. :P

Despite the fact I don't like Kratos much as a character

Agreed, other than being unkillable and angry, Kratos isn't developed much.

I really liked how he always went back to hell, hades, tartarus, or whatever it is; but it was always fun when he spoke about how death can't stop him 

...and when the screen turned bloody red at the end of GOW3 >:)

If you pay close enough attention in that scene, the "spot" where Kratos "died" has the outline of the Phoenix on it.  May mean nothing, but I don't think so.

• Like 1

If you pay close enough attention in that scene, the "spot" where Kratos "died" has the outline of the Phoenix on it.  May mean nothing, but I don't think so.

I never noticed honestly. Thanks for pointing it out. The only thing I was paying attention to was the "dead" body. :P

Yeah it probably means something. Honestly Kratos should be dead, but if it's going to continue the greek mythology setting then whatever works. 

God Of War I when Kratos tries to kill himself. That scene always showed how even after becoming the most badass mofo the world has ever seen and crushing everything in his path, Kratos is still a very broken and tragic character. I really liked that aspect of God Of War I, shame it was rather underrepresented in later games.

I never noticed honestly. Thanks for pointing it out. The only thing I was paying attention to was the "dead" body. :P

Yeah it probably means something. Honestly Kratos should be dead, but if it's going to continue the greek mythology setting then whatever works. 

For those of you who what to know what I was referring to:

https://youtu.be/QJgSKoPeXvY?t=9m40s

At about 10:05 of the video gives another view of it (without Kratos being there).

Originally i would have to say killing Zues but my most memorable moment was the colossus statue fight. Reason is because that was my first experience with god of war (yeah i played 2 then 1) and it was epic and since then i was hooked.  

I belive I have the meaning of the Phoenix mark on the cliff.

In Greek Mythology there is a saying, its ''Phoenix Rising From The Ashes'' 

What it means is basically every 500 years the Phoenix rise anew.

So maybe he, exactly as Athena did, reached a higher form of life. Maybe Kratos can fly or whatever now, and that's why they show the heaven so much after the cliff. Showing that Kratos either got picked up by an Phoenix or maybe as I said reached a higher form, maybe a new type of god.

Athena for example is the true villain since she planned everything from GoW1, and in GoW2 she sacrificed herself to reach a higher lifeform. Even if this wasn't Kratos intention, it sure as hell could've happened.

A reason this could've happened is that it seems like if you want to become a higher life form you have to earn it (I guess) Athena made it look like she took her life to protect Zeus, but she secretley knew what would happened, so she earned the higher life form. When Athena wanted to take over the world, Kratos stabbed himself to prevent her from doing so, thus he made a good act and that's why he got the power to survive / reach a higher life form. Also, its clear that he didn't become a 'spirit' or whatever, since there is a blood trail and no body, and remember that even though Zeus became a 'spirit' he's body came to life again after Kratos had beaten the 'spitit'

Ofcourse this has some flaws and whatnot, and Im bad at explaining, but I hope you get a sense of what Im saying atleast :) But I can probably confirm that Kratos is alive.

Also, fun fact. Kratos skin is made of ashes, wich could be a reference to the ''Phoenix Rising From Ashes''

The Kratos vs. Zeus fight from II. It had a good build up, and the music was perfect. Exactly the kind of soundtrack I would expect to hear when fighting Zeus.

Killing Hades in III. Or rather when you figure out the consequences of doing so.

• 2 months later...