Red Dead Redemption - GOTY Edition Spotted

BountyHunterinc

RedDeadRedemption-Banner.jpg

A GOTY Edition for Red Dead has been rumoured since Undead Nightmare launched, and today, Rockstar Games Worldwide Success has been sighted on BBFC, and behold.. it's listed to have a new GOTY Version.

According to the listing, it is set to include the original game, as well as the Undead Nightmare pack.

You can bet the Game Of The Year Edition will also have with it all of the game's DLC packs, and the recently announced content named 'Myths and Mavericks'. This Free Pack is set to release on September 16th this year.

September 16th happens to be the same release date that the BBFC listing has got for the GOTY Edition, so the chances of this being true is highly likely. Keep your eyes peeled, as Rockstar will no doubt be announcing this Bundle soon.

Source: Eurogamer

It's been a long time coming, but no reason to release a GotY until all of the DLC is out. Didn't even know about "Myths and Mavericks" but since I'm more or less over RDR, I'm not terribly interested.

A good idea though, I'm sure most people who have waited this long to try RDR will get their money's worth with the GotY Edition.

I still haven't played Red Dead Redemption... might take the opportunity with the GOTY, depends if it includes the upcoming DLC or not. I bet it won't have the new DLC though *le sigh*

The new DLC is free. Any reason why it would be a problem not having it on the disc?

I'd pick this up if I never went out and bought the Undead Nightmare DLC disc a few weeks back. Oh well, at least I now have all the DLC. Anyways, as for the price comparison. Right now here at my local Walmart, the Undead Nightmare DLC disc is going for $19.89 so I'm guessing its around that price or cheaper in the US. I think the actual game is somewhere around $40 so when the GOTY Edition hits retail, I think they'll be within $10 - $15 of each other.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been waitin' for this. In fact, I've stopped buying games right at launch so that I wouldn't have to re-buy things or go online for the extra-pay DLC. It seems that the GOTY editions come out around the 1 year anniversary, which really isn't that long to wait. Once they bring out the GOTY edition for LBP2, I'll be snatching that one up also.

I've been waitin' for this. In fact, I've stopped buying games right at launch so that I wouldn't have to re-buy things or go online for the extra-pay DLC. It seems that the GOTY editions come out around the 1 year anniversary, which really isn't that long to wait. Once they bring out the GOTY edition for LBP2, I'll be snatching that one up also.

Yeah, even if the games don't win many or any GOTY awards, if they release DLC, they release a GOTY edition a year or more later.

Woohoo! I've been holding off on buying this game since I was waiting for a GOTY edition haha.

Also, I think most GOTY editions don't go for $60, but much cheaper than that. Examples of MSRP's of recent GOTYs:

Batman Arkham Asylum ($29.99)

Borderlands ($39.99)

LittleBig Planet ($29.99)

Uncharted 2 ($29.99)

My bet's on $29.99 or $39.99.