Is it time for me to move away from my PS3?

Hocking_1988

Hey so  a quick question. I have a PS3 and a PS4 and I am finding myself playing my ps4 exclusively at the moment, I have so many games unfinished and some not even started. The problem I have is i work 40 hours a week so only get a few hours in the evening and maybe sometime at the weekend, so I almost feel it might be time to sell my ps3 and focus on just my ps4 games. I want to get as many trophies as possible, I know getting platinums on them all are not realistic.

If anyone can look at my profile and advise me, I almost feel like I need to discipline myself to one game on ps3 and one on ps4 but with all the games coming out in the future that will be hard.

Take uncharted for example, I need to do that on crushing and the platinum is pretty much mine, but with it coming out on ps4 soon shall I just wait?

I have the following games not even started...

God of War 1 and 2

Assassins Creed 2

Modern Warfare 2

Beyond 2 souls (I believe this is coming out on PS4)

The only thing tempting me back to the ps3 is i think I need to send my ps3 away for repair as it seems faulty. But moving forward I will not be buying any new games on PS3.

So in short.. to boost my completion rate and trophy level, if you were me would you just focus on PS4 games (especially the ones I have already started) Or would you stick with the PS3 and get those games aswell?

Answers on a postcard.

Thanks

For starters, having a job (plus other responsibilities) and try to be a good trophy hunter it's really hard, exhausting.

I'm in the same situation and I enjoy having both consoles, and try the main thing, enjoy my games and if I get hook try to get the platinum. Otherwise just enjoy the ride.

BTW, you have two AWESOME games pending in your PS3 list, God of war and God of war 2.

It's interesting that you say that having your ps3 kinda broken that would be your reason to come back to that console.

I mean, it's still a spend,and in most cases it's better to buy a new PS3 than repair it. if you really feel that you want to complete your unfinished ps3 games, go for it, repair it and do the job. Otherwise continue with your PS4.

Good luck :)

I dont see why you shouldnt keep your PS3. Also AC2 is a fast and easy Platinum. :P

Play what you want whenenver you want. Nobody says you must always be up2date.

In the other Forum Im from time to time people are like "lol that game is from 2013, who plays that crap today?" ... Meanwhile Im playing on my PS3 a game from 2010. I seriously (or literally?) give no shit about that. You are you. You are not the others and you have your own will to make own decisions. :)

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 3

Well i would think so, after all more or less no new games are coming out for the PS3 anymore, even the sports games from EA have stopped. But then again GoW 1 and two are amazing games, but i assume you can platinum both of them in a few days if you really want to. :) But for me at least I got the PS4 on day one, and I have barely used it since. I think the last game i played on it was South Park: The stick of Truth.
But again as long your PS3 works and you got PS+ don't get rid of  your PS3, you never know what your going to get :)

PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE PS3!

Sorry, that's what came to mind upon reading the title xD maybe just think if having a PS3 is worthwhile for you. Are there still lots of games you'd like to play on there? If so, stick with it. If all the games you want are on the ps4, then you could either sell the PS3 or keep it in case you see a game you might like.

Edited by Akira-chan

Play what you want whenenver you want. Nobody says you must always be up2date.

In the other Forum Im from time to time people are like "lol that game is from 2013, who plays that crap today?" ... Meanwhile Im playing on my PS3 a game from 2010. I seriously (or literally?) give no shit about that. You are you. You are not the others and you have your own will to make own decisions. :)

I couldn't agree more. I often find myself playing older games much more than newer games these days because they just appeal to me a lot more. If people find that weird, screw them!  :D

There is no harm in keeping your PS3 around, even if you don't play it very often. I own a PS4 as well as a PS3 and I still find myself going back and playing PS3 games more than PS4 games. Chances are that in the future, you'd regret selling it when you feel like playing a game on that system, at least I know that I would feel like that.

Edited by Undead_Wolf_N7
  • Like 1

I couldn't agree more. I often find myself playing older games much more than newer games these days because they just appeal to me a lot more. If people find that weird, screw them!  :D

I even decided to pickup a Wii U now, because when Im looking at the PS4 games I think ... meh.... When I have played both ACs, OQ, NepsV2 and FF then the PS4 is basicly dead for me, because most of the other games are for PS3 or Vita too. Sometimes Im asking if this is even fun anymore.... so, yeah... Im going to pickup a N3DS and a Wii U ^_^ I think this would be a good thing for me and also I dont must care for trophies. I mean, my profile is looking currently pretty messed up and if I would be lost... maybe I need an outtime. Also I havnt played a Mario-games now for a decade. So.... LETS DO THIS!! xD

I even decided to pickup a Wii U now, because when Im looking at the PS4 games I think ... meh.... When I have played both ACs, OQ, NepsV2 and FF then the PS4 is basicly dead for me, because most of the other games are for PS3 or Vita too. Sometimes Im asking if this is even fun anymore.... so, yeah... Im going to pickup a N3DS and a Wii U ^_^ I think this would be a good thing for me and also I dont must care for trophies. I mean, my profile is looking currently pretty messed up and if I would be lost... maybe I need an outtime. Also I havnt played a Mario-games now for a decade. So.... LETS DO THIS!! xD

I know how you feel. A lot of PS4 games coming out are just remasters and sequels to games I don't really care about. It doesn't help when the PS4 is, to put it lightly, sorely lacking in Japanese games.which is just kind of depressing. At least Vita-tan fills that void!  :)

Good luck with the N3DS and Wii U purchases! I must say, I've also been tempted to buy those systems too, mostly for my Japanese game fix. Nintendo do a lot of things I don't agree with but they never fail to make fun games which I can respect.

• Like 1

I work full time, have a wife and two kids.  I get 2-4 hrs a night to play, depending on how late I want to stay up.  I'm also a cheap bastage, and as such right now is the golden age of ps3 gaming.  There are easily 50-75 ps3 games I've never played and I can get almost any of them for under $20, sometimes quite a bit lower if I'm patient (which I am). I probably have 20-30 purchased I've never played, and more that I played before I started trophy hunting I could easily go back and get more out of.

I do however finally have a date for purchasing my ps4....  When a used ps4 is ~$250 and Fallout 4 drops under $20 B)

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

I agree with everyone here I am 2 years behind in most games, yet I play them as I see fit, no one forces you to play the latest games. Only if there is multiplayer you would be in trouble because older games are emptier than newer ones. Also you can actually benefit of waiting on most good games as often they are realeased in complete edition for less than the original price. So keep the PS3 and give some old games a chance.

You won't get that much money for trading in/selling your ps3 unless you're putting it towards buying a next generation console.

Since you work full time you probably don't need the money that badly so might as well hold on to your ps3

It's best to keep your PS3. I recently started playing more on PS4 but I do play my PS3 still so I haven't fully moved on yet.  You'll get around to playing those games you mentioned eventually if not now but later.

Thanks so far for everyone's responses. I think I will keep my PS3 then. Especially as it seems I need to send my PS4 away for repair :( 

Regards God of War 1 and 2. If I was too play them now, would they look really dated or are they ok?

While we are here, if anyone has any easy platinum games for the PS3 that are cheap and good games I am open to ideas, me and a mate are having a friendly competition and he is catching me up.

Cheers

Thanks so far for everyone's responses. I think I will keep my PS3 then. Especially as it seems I need to send my PS4 away for repair :(

Regards God of War 1 and 2. If I was too play them now, would they look really dated or are they ok?

Good for you, mate. As everyone else already said, you never know when you might want to play a PS3-exclusive, so just hold onto your PS3.

Regarding GOW I and II... well, they are PS2 titles, so the graphics will obviously be a bit dated, but the games themselves more than make up for it. Those are true classics, don't let aged graphics (which still look pretty good for a PS2 game) prevent you from experiencing them.

Edited by jrdemr

You should never sell a console imo. I still have my original PS1 and PS2. I never understood people who sold their PS3 and games for a PS4 at launch... when it had almost no games, and people were like "I shouldn't have sold it! There's nothing to play."

The Telltale games are usually pretty cheap and easy plats. There's more but my brain hasn't had enough coffee to function yet xD sowwie.

While we are here, if anyone has any easy platinum games for the PS3 that are cheap and good games I am open to ideas, me and a mate are having a friendly competition and he is catching me up.

I average at least 60 hours a week at work and have an hour ride in and and hour ride home and still make some time for gaming. You've made the right choice by keeping your PS3 and not worrying about only playing the newest games. Life is all about balance. 

I just started God of War 1 a month or two ago and, as said by jrdemr above, while the graphics do look a little bit dated, it's the story to focus on, not the graphics.

I work full time, have a wife and two kids.  I get 2-4 hrs a night to play, depending on how late I want to stay up.  I'm also a cheap bastage, and as such right now is the golden age of ps3 gaming.  There are easily 50-75 ps3 games I've never played and I can get almost any of them for under $20, sometimes quite a bit lower if I'm patient (which I am). I probably have 20-30 purchased I've never played, and more that I played before I started trophy hunting I could easily go back and get more out of.

I do however finally have a date for purchasing my ps4....  When a used ps4 is ~$250 and Fallout 4 drops under $20 B)

You basically described my life, buddy :) With the exception that I have three young 'uns  :)

I have never cared about "how old is that game", I can easily play PS3 titles that are from 2008 and enjoy them if they were brand new.

Heck, I still even play my NES and SNES games. Without trophies they may be, but awesome they truly are.

I'm also a cheap son of a *****. My latest game (Infinity Runner. For PS4, but still...) is a great example of this. Only 3-ish Euros. Sold.

All ranting aside, regardless of console, you should play (and Plat) the games you love. PS3 has a great selection of games from every genre, old and new. Definitely give that console another shot  :yay:

I dont think you should get rid of your PS3. 

I was a very late PS3 adopter, i pretty much bought my PS3 when the PS4 was launching back in NOV. 2013

i have ps3 games that i havent even opened...

is about how much time you can put into each game. Just focus on playing the games for fun right now before playing them to platinum them. 

Just go one game at a time, instead of being overwhelmed by your back catalog.

• Like 1