Need help for adventure mode!

Hey! I need help to unlock maxwell and wes, I've heard you have to complete all 5 islands in adventure mode to get maxwell, and i know the cloud save thing, but i need help at the basics! How do i explore? Do i just randomly run to some direction? Lol, I've so far explored by going at the corners near the river so i can see how long the areas are, but I don't know is this the best way? and how to make food? i've heard you can cook it on campfire, but how to get the raw food? I've so far collected only food on ground (berries, seeds, flowers, carrots, and killed some butterflies for their wings), Is this the best way to make food? And i've heard there is winter in adventure mode, what that means? I've heard i need to stay warm and out of hunger. How to do that? Do i have to gather alot food and make campfire and stand on the campfire for the WHOLE WINTER??? thats like 20 days i guess, Any other tips? I've heard some people use barricades or walls? why in earth would anyone use them? To make house? WHy would u make house? Are there enemies who come kill u in winter if u dont have house? Help! All tips appreciated!!!

Edited by D4N11--
  • Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/22479-adventure-mode-and-wes-trophy-tips/ -_-

"How do I explore"

When you start the world you pick up a divining rod, this will guide you to the 4 items you need to travel through to the next world.  Going around the edge is a good strategy to map out the area.

"How to make food"

You can cook any food you collect on the campfire - this includes carrots, berries, seeds etc.  Lay traps for rabbits for meat.

"How to survive winter"

Beefalo hat, rabbit earmuffs, thermal stone etc. 

You know the Wiki is an amazing resource for advice?

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode

Trophy guide here also explains about the different levels in Adventure Mode:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/531-Dont-Starve-Console-Edition-Trophy-Guide

Be prepared to do many runs of Adventure Mode to obtain Wes...

• Like 2

Another question came to my mind when i was sleeping: When you make sandbox, you have to find the maxwell door there, right? So if you make custom settings for sandbox, do they affect the adventure mode? Next question: In adventure mode, its easier to find "things" than in sandbox? Is there clear paths that lead you to "things?"  

Another question came to my mind: How long it would take to find all 5 things in one world? I have found only 4 as my record, but it took 12 days. How long it takes for you? 5 days? 20 days? approximate

Another question: When starting adventure mode: Do you keep any of your items that you had in sandbox mode?

Another question: Do you keep your sanity, health and hunger levels same as they are when you travel into adventure mode? Or do they fill up to full

Another question: Is it good idea to build science machine in adventure mode in every world? It costs alot resources but it allows you to make log suit

Another question came to my mind when i was sleeping: When you make sandbox, you have to find the maxwell door there, right? So if you make custom settings for sandbox, do they affect the adventure mode? Next question: In adventure mode, its easier to find "things" than in sandbox? Is there clear paths that lead you to "things?"

No, adventure mode is completely unaffected by anything from sandbox, besides the character you're playing as.

Another question came to my mind: How long it would take to find all 5 things in one world? I have found only 4 as my record, but it took 12 days. How long it takes for you? 5 days? 20 days? approximate

It depends. You'll want to stay in the first adventure world for as long as possible, using the science machines to prototype all the important items so you'll be able to build them anywhere. I think I spent around 15-20 days in the first world before I moved on.

On later maps you'll want to rush to find the things and leave as soon as possible, ignoring everything else. On those it could take you around 5 days, but it could be more or less depending on how lucky the spawns are.

Another question: When starting adventure mode: Do you keep any of your items that you had in sandbox mode?

No.

Another question: Do you keep your sanity, health and hunger levels same as they are when you travel into adventure mode? Or do they fill up to full

They'll fill up to full when you enter world 1, but they remain as they are when advancing through the worlds.

Another question: Is it good idea to build science machine in adventure mode in every world? It costs alot resources but it allows you to make log suit

After you've built an item using the science machine, you won't need the science machine to make that specific item anymore.

A few more tips I'll add.

Use WX-78. Playing as him while abusing back-up saves makes adventure mode trivial.

WX-78 has the ability to significantly improve and recover all of his stats by consuming the cogs dropped by clockwork monsters, completely removing the need for conventional food. There's quite an abundance of them in The Game is Afoot, so that's a good world to start adventure mode on. Bringing the cogs between the levels is a must and means you won't need to waste time looking for food every world.

Wes has a 100% spawn chance on world 3 UNLESS the world is Two Worlds, in which case he'll never appear. Having Wes appear is especially helpful while playing as WX-78 because you'll need to fight over a dozen clockwork monsters to get to him, which is a great chance to replenish your survival supplies.

If you're unlucky and get Two Worlds, there's nothing you can do about that without starting adventure mode from the beginning.

Again, abuse back-up saves like crazy. If there's even a slight chance of dying, exit and back-up the save. It may get a bit frustrating to exit and restart the game so often, but it's nowhere near as frustrating as having to repeat several hours to get back to where you were.

I didn't make any barricades or walls throughout my playthrough. I'm not sure how useful they are, but they're not necessary.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

No, adventure mode is completely unaffected by anything from sandbox, besides the character you're playing as.

It depends. You'll want to stay in the first adventure world for as long as possible, using the science machines to prototype all the important items so you'll be able to build them anywhere. I think I spent around 15-20 days in the first world before I moved on.

On later maps you'll want to rush to find the things and leave as soon as possible, ignoring everything else. On those it could take you around 5 days, but it could be more or less depending on how lucky the spawns are.

No.

They'll fill up to full when you enter world 1, but they remain as they are when advancing through the worlds.

After you've built an item using the science machine, you won't need the science machine to make that specific item anymore.

A few more tips I'll add.

Use WX-78. Playing as him while abusing back-up saves makes adventure mode trivial.

WX-78 has the ability to significantly improve and recover all of his stats by consuming the cogs dropped by clockwork monsters, completely removing the need for conventional food. There's quite an abundance of them in The Game is Afoot, so that's a good world to start adventure mode on. Bringing the cogs between the levels is a must and means you won't need to waste time looking for food every world.

Wes has a 100% spawn chance on world 3 UNLESS the world is Two Worlds, in which case he'll never appear. Having Wes appear is especially helpful while playing as WX-78 because you'll need to fight over a dozen clockwork monsters to get to him, which is a great chance to replenish your survival supplies.

If you're unlucky and get Two Worlds, there's nothing you can do about that without starting adventure mode from the beginning.

Again, abuse back-up saves like crazy. If there's even a slight chance of dying, exit and back-up the save. It may get a bit frustrating to exit and restart the game so often, but it's nowhere near as frustrating as having to repeat several hours to get back to where you were.

I didn't make any barricades or walls throughout my playthrough. I'm not sure how useful they are, but they're not necessary.

Thanks so much!!! That helped me ALOT i was waiting for someone like you to come along and shine!

Couple questions popped in my mind: As WX-78 Do you need umbrella or any items to protect you from rain/snow/thunder? and does gears restore you to max health, and same time upgrade you?

Next question: So you always get divining rod at beginning of adventure mode right? How does it help you to locate "things"? i never had it in my inventory so i don't know. Also when you travel to next island in adventure mode, can you keep some of your items? Divining rod? beefalo hat? and what items are MUST items to make in first level? I heard beefalo hat, what other i need? Of course log suit and spear but any other important?

Also, are there "touch stones" in adventure mode? thats the board in ground which respawns you back to life if you die (atleast in sandbox)

Next question: How am i supposed to found maxwells door in sandbox mode without divining rod? I have no trouble to find all 5 "thing's" but i have never found maxwells door. Can i find it in the first world of sandbox? 

Whaat i just found maxwells door suddenly LOL in day 4.. but im on wrong character 

Edited by D4N11--

Do you need umbrella or any items to protect you from rain/snow/thunder? No not really its does affect wx 78 only minor but you can be struck by lighting sometimes which loses 33 sanity but it will activate system overload

increased speed by 50%

immunue to freeze

full health restore

Umbrella is optional, I completed it without one but the umbrella will protect you against rain not sure about thunder or snow

Does gears restore you to max health, and same time upgrade you? I think so unless your 10% then its 2 gears for full I not sure haven't played it in a while, and yes they do upgrage you

each gear adds 20 stats 15 gears to fully upgrade

max heath 400

max hunger 200

max sanity 300

can you keep some of your items? Yes You can only take four so gears is a must the divine rod I think that stays and you get a new one when the enter the next world close to the camp

So you always get divining rod at beginning of adventure mode right?

Yes you will at the start of the world don't drop it as its the only way to find the parts to craft the machine to th next world, you need four parts to move on

ring thing, crank thing, metal potatoe and box thing

Tips?

Craft golden shovels, fire axes and pickaxes as they last longer, Craft a marble armor suit, walking cane, spear to fight

Do you need umbrella or any items to protect you from rain/snow/thunder? No not really its does affect wx 78 only minor but you can be struck by lighting sometimes which loses 33 sanity but it will activate system overload

increased speed by 50%

immunue to freeze

full health restore

Umbrella is optional, I completed it without one but the umbrella will protect you against rain not sure about thunder or snow

Does gears restore you to max health, and same time upgrade you? I think so unless your 10% then its 2 gears for full I not sure haven't played it in a while, and yes they do upgrage you

each gear adds 20 stats 15 gears to fully upgrade

max heath 400

max hunger 200

max sanity 300

can you keep some of your items? Yes You can only take four so gears is a must the divine rod I think that stays and you get a new one when the enter the next world close to the camp

So you always get divining rod at beginning of adventure mode right?

Yes you will at the start of the world don't drop it as its the only way to find the parts to craft the machine to th next world, you need four parts to move on

ring thing, crank thing, metal potatoe and box thing

Tips?

Craft golden shovels, fire axes and pickaxes as they last longer, Craft a marble armor suit, walking cane, spear to fight

Thanks for good answer! But wait a minute.. Im a bit confused, im as willow i entered the maxwell door, its day 4 and the island is very small, i've searched every single place on the map but i have found zero things, one time the light on divining rod was Blue, but now it has been all time white, and im not sure which this map is as i didnt pay attention on it, but here is no snow, its 45% Day, about 35% night and 20% midnight (dark) but Yeah, i have went through the whole map and every single place there is ZERO spots in the map where i haven't been, whats wrong? And it doesn't really matter as this is just practice round for me cause i don't have WX-78 yet and im with willow atm. Also, i have got 0 Gold nuggets from mining rocks, i got like 35 rocks in my inventory and 20 Flints but zero gold nuggets. Lol

Edited by D4N11--