Australia + NZ PS4 / PS3 / Vita Gamers

Quick question for you guys. If I buy a game from the UK that includes DLC codes, will I be able to download the DLC using my account since both countries are PAL region or do I need a UK account?

I won a Uk code for the digital game Chariot (ps4) and it worked perfectly. I'm pretty sure anything that is PAL should work.

I won a Uk code for the digital game Chariot (ps4) and it worked perfectly. I'm pretty sure anything that is PAL should work.

Thanks mate. Can anybody else confirm this? I'd just like to be sure that it'll work before spending the money, I keep seeing mixed response when I search online...

Thanks mate. Can anybody else confirm this? I'd just like to be sure that it'll work before spending the money, I keep seeing mixed response when I search online...

If it doesn't work and you need a UK account then just create a UK account and activate it on the ps4 and you can use your main account to play it. I do it all the time with Japanese games.

If it doesn't work and you need a UK account then just create a UK account and activate it on the ps4 and you can use your main account to play it. I do it all the time with Japanese games.

Ah okay, thanks mate. I didn't release that you could do that... :facepalm:

On that note, I'll go ahead and purchase Call of Duty Ghosts hardened edition so if anybody wants to play the the co-op Extinction mode DLC just let me know. Until the game arrives I'll be playing Skulls of the Shogun which has a couple of multiplayer trophies so if you downloaded this from PS Plus a few months ago and want to knock them off let me know.

Edited by TheWayne-o

How do you create accounts from different regions on the same console? I assume you still earn trophies on your main account. I have ps4, ps3 and vita. So with the vita would i have to create accounts on different memory cards and alternate between them.

Cheers

How do you create accounts from different regions on the same console? I assume you still earn trophies on your main account. I have ps4, ps3 and vita. So with the vita would i have to create accounts on different memory cards and alternate between them.

Cheers

Unfortunately the vita is restricted to one account so you cannot use digital downloaded games from different regions. It is possible to create another account on a separate memory card and buy games but if you want the trophies it's a little meaningless. To get the trophies on your main account from a different region you must have the physical copy of the game for the vita. This really sucks as there is so much more vita games in Japan.

To create other region accounts for ps3 or ps4 it's easier to make them through the web browser on your computer. Google "sony network account" and click on create new account. You will need a email address that is different to your main account. Make a new id and fill in the rest of the info and select which country you want. For the address just google some random location (eg macdonalds) in the region/state, change the street number and use that. Just make sure the zip code is valid. You can leave the payment methods blank.

Once you have your new account just create new user on your console and sign in with the new ID(email). It will ask you if you want to activate(PS4), click yes. On PS3 it activates when you purchase something. Once you sign in you will be able to view that regions PSN store. Anything you buy can be played by any account signed into that console. 

One issue you will encounter is that you cannot use your Aussie credit card. You will need to buy PSN cards online through some online retailer to charge your wallet. I use playasia. The codes are delivered instantly. The US store has good deals from time to time. I purchased "Book of unwritten tales 2" for USD2 just last week.

The exchange rate is terrible at the moment so might want to consider buying something when it's better though.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately the vita is restricted to one account so you cannot use digital downloaded games from different regions. It is possible to create another account on a separate memory card and buy games but if you want the trophies it's a little meaningless. To get the trophies on your main account from a different region you must have the physical copy of the game for the vita. This really sucks as there is so much more vita games in Japan.

To create other region accounts for ps3 or ps4 it's easier to make them through the web browser on your computer. Google "sony network account" and click on create new account. You will need a email address that is different to your main account. Make a new id and fill in the rest of the info and select which country you want. For the address just google some random location (eg macdonalds) in the region/state, change the street number and use that. Just make sure the zip code is valid. You can leave the payment methods blank.

Once you have your new account just create new user on your console and sign in with the new ID(email). It will ask you if you want to activate(PS4), click yes. On PS3 it activates when you purchase something. Once you sign in you will be able to view that regions PSN store. Anything you buy can be played by any account signed into that console. 

One issue you will encounter is that you cannot use your Aussie credit card. You will need to buy PSN cards online through some online retailer to charge your wallet. I use playasia. The codes are delivered instantly. The US store has good deals from time to time. I purchased "Book of unwritten tales 2" for USD2 just last week.

The exchange rate is terrible at the moment so might want to consider buying something when it's better though.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the explanation on how to set up an alternate account! :)

On a side note, the exchange rate is currently $1 AUD = $0.69 USD and won't get any better for the foreseeable future. Sure it might hit $0.70 - $0.71 again for a short period of time but long term it's only going down, by the end of the year most are predicting it to be around $0.65 with some even going as far as $0.60. The economy is in pretty bad shape at the moment but that's a discussion for another time...

Thanks for the explanation on how to set up an alternate account! :)

On a side note, the exchange rate is currently $1 AUD = $0.69 USD and won't get any better for the foreseeable future. Sure it might hit $0.70 - $0.71 again for a short period of time but long term it's only going down, by the end of the year most are predicting it to be around $0.65 with some even going as far as $0.60. The economy is in pretty bad shape at the moment but that's a discussion for another time...

It's still worth of taking advantage of the flash sales the NA store has once every month from an American account! I remember getting the Mass Effect trilogy for $5 USD or something from one flash sale ^_^ All you'll need to do is top up your wallet with at least $10 USD from Amazon or PlayAsia like Ty4ed said and it'll only cost you between $14-15 AUD if you can spare that much

Edited by SkyesUnholy

Hi, can I be added to this list?

Also, currently looking to boost ad-hoc trophies on Vita for Dynasty Warriors Next if anyone is interested?

I do but im not from Brisbane sorry, i really want to get this done too. It's pretty damn annoying

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation of setting up other accounts. I will be definatly setting extra accounts and taking advantage of this.

I see the top trophy earners such as hakoon and roughdawg etc earning lots of trophies from Japanese games on their ps vitas and always wondered how they did it. I just found this relating to ps3 setup.

http://kotaku.com/5982662/how-to-make-a-japanese-psn-account-on-the-new-psn-and-how-to-navigate-the-store

I do like to have physical copies of ps4/ps3 games but i buy a fair few psn/indie games and pretty much just buy all my vita games from psn store.

It's still worth of taking advantage of the flash sales the NA store has once every month from an American account! I remember getting the Mass Effect trilogy for $5 USD or something from one flash sale ^_^ All you'll need to do is top up your wallet with at least $10 USD from Amazon or PlayAsia like Ty4ed said and it'll only cost you between $14-15 AUD if you can spare that much

Oh yeah of course there would be plenty of deals worth taking advantage of using a US account, you just have to be careful when purchasing things that aren't on sale. The comment was more just a general statement about the exchange rate, I just like keeping up to date with world finance/business trends/news (plus it kind of helps with my job too).

I do but im not from Brisbane sorry, i really want to get this done too. It's pretty damn annoying

Where are you based? I'll let you know if I'm ever in the area, need to get those incredibly frustrating coalition modes out of the way. Apparently it's doable with two people, although still difficult.

Hey Texonidas, have added you to the list. Best of luck with Dynasty Warriors

Thanks!