Australia + NZ PS4 / PS3 / Vita Gamers

9 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

So I plugged in the PS3 for the first time in years.

Controller is aids. Fun times ahead.

The Dualshock 3 isn't that bad! I generally change between PS3 & PS4 a couple of times throughout a given year and don't have any real issues or complaints.

Do you have many PS3 games to finish up?

12 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

The Dualshock 3 isn't that bad! I generally change between PS3 & PS4 a couple of times throughout a given year and don't have any real issues or complaints.

Do you have many PS3 games to finish up?

The controller is actually really squished. I remember saying the same thing when I used to play the Wii U. Wii U Pro Controller is perhaps my favourite incidentally, given its lightness and ridiculous battery life (lasts 72 hours roughly). Having played on the DS4 since the PS4 came out, it feels extremely cramped using the DS3 again. Also the PS3 is slower than a game of cricket. Trophy sync took 20 minutes. /rant

I became fed up with UMvC3 still not being on the PS4 store so I plan to play that now. Probably figure out what I'll use for my backlog titles while I'm doing it.

Also, I don't remember getting half the games on my on my download list. Yakuza 4 when? 

On 16/01/2017 at 9:43 AM, AuzzieWingman said:

So I plugged in the PS3 for the first time in years.

Controller is aids. Fun times ahead.

PlayStation 4 controller works on PS3. I just tested it to confirm. I think it has to be connected via USB though and some buttons don't work, like PS, Options, Share and TouchPad (obviously), but the D-pad works, shape buttons work and R buttons work. Rumble probably doesn't work either.

Edited by IronMask75
Sentence structure...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 4:14 PM, IronMask75 said:

PlayStation 4 controller works on PS3. I just tested it to confirm. I think it has to be connected via USB though and some buttons don't work, like PS, Options, Share and TouchPad (obviously), but the D-pad works, shape buttons work and R buttons work. Rumble probably doesn't work either.

This is something I'm gonna have to try out.

I'm about to start a backlog of PS3 games and I do prefer the PS4 controller.

So if it does work on the PS3 then I'm all up for it.

Yeah I used my DS4 for the PS3. Has to be wired. If your PS4 is on the DS4 can manipulate both consoles so you have to be careful about that.

The DS3 is practically useless at this point as a result. Was trying to get back into Marvel 3 and doing motions is too hard on a DS3. Heck the Vita is better.

5 hours ago, Diagonis83 said:

Ahh yeah I get ya.

So basically make sure you have your PS4 unplugged before using your DS4 on your PS3.

You don't need to unplug it. Just that if the PS4 happens to be on at the same time, you need to turn of the DS4 from the PS4's quick menu.

I'd wager that people don't have both on simultaneously like I sometimes can.

Just now, AuzzieWingman said:

You don't need to unplug it. Just that if the PS4 happens to be on at the same time, you need to turn of the DS4 from the PS4's quick menu.

I'd wager that people don't have both on simultaneously like I sometimes can.

It would certainly make things interesting.

Your PS4 if flicking through menus and somehow you manage to get into a game.

Or delete some files.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:14 PM, IronMask75 said:

Apparently you can also use the DualShock 4 wirelessly on the PS3. I haven't tried it myself, just came across this today. I don't mind the PS3 controller, so I don't think it's worth losing the rumble for.

4 hours ago, Diagonis83 said:

It would certainly make things interesting.

Your PS4 if flicking through menus and somehow you manage to get into a game.

Or delete some files.

That's pretty much how I ended up having Dead Star on my profile. My niece managed to earn me a trophy when she thought she was playing with us on the PS3. 6 months later the servers went down and now I'll be forever haunted by its unobtainable plat.

Edited by mekktor
Missed a word
  • Like 1