Risen 3 Enhanced Edition

I have looked to see if this has already been posted but didn't see anything so if a post already exists, sorry. 

Releases 21st August 2015. 

Just curious if this game is good or not and people's opinion on the game itself? Randomly found it while looking through Amazon so thought this would be a good place to ask about it.

I haven't heard a good thing about the series in general honestly. I've never played before so I can't give anything accurate on it. I do want to try it out one day though. I might even give Risen 2 a go if I get bored enough.

Apparently Risen 3 didn't improve much or at all over the 2nd game which I heard didn't do well at all.

If they polished the game for the PS4 then maybe it would be worth it. If they did nothing I can't even begin to imagine why they thought it would be a good idea.

I like the Risen series of games, but they definitely are not popular games :P I just happen to like these kind of unpolished action RPG games (other examples include games like the Gothic games, Venetica, and Two Worlds II).

I'm probably going to get the PS4 version as well once it releases (I already did this with Arcania and liked replaying it). Kind of hoping they'd include trophies for the DLC content this time (they didn't the first time despite the Xbox version having achievements for them), but probably not going to happen.

Now im torn between finishing my ps3 version. Not sure why i stopped. Wasmt great but it wasnt bad. I had a lot of fun with it. But i think you need to go in knowing it doesnt have the high polish. The gameplay is a bit rough but it delivers more than many other games. Depends on your priorities

• 2 years later...

About a year after my post I played Risen 2. While a bad game I still enjoyed it. About a year ago I played Risen 3 on the PS4. I liked Risen 2 better and oddly enough didn't encounter many glitches. Lot of framerate issues though.

Risen 3 on the other hand...I encounter a game shattering glitch.

I branched my initial save three times(?) so I could start at a certain point for other trophies. Each and every save broke at the same spot. I'd get back to the entrance of this place (it might actually have been the home of magic users) and the game would act as if I'd never been there before. Everything in my pause menu blanked out, and I was no longer able to captain the ship because as far as the game was concerned I'd never progressed far enough. I was effectively locked out of the game. My map was also blank if I remember right. No islands or nav spots whatsoever. The only thing I remember having in the pause menu were my weapons. (I have a video of this glitch...somewhere...)

I only had to beat the game in order to plat and after I tried everything I ended up just giving up. Eventually I decided to wipe everything. Game data and save data and eventually made it past that point.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have to admit, i really like the game. But i really adore the Gothic Serie. I don‘t mind the performance. I played games which are newer who were clunkier (Conan Exile, I need to quite playing that game for real).

If someone plays this game, i can highly recommend playing as a mage. But you need to play as a demon hunter if you want to get the platinum in one playthrough (because 1 trophie is only available for demon hunters)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow really, this game sucks on the PS4! 

I don't know if I am the only one that this happened to but I could not finish the game! Everytime I played after the sea battle against Crow the game froze up, and when I booted it back up all the entries in the log book were gone, my sea chart did not allow me to travel anywhere, my stats were locked and no  NPC answered me correctly! I tried to play through this 12 times and it don't work...

Really, why did the dev's leave such a horrible bug (among other) on the game and did not fix it?

Just read and it was the same bug encountered by @Avatar_Of_Battle, maybe I will try again in the future

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bruh_peanut said:

I don't know if I am the only one that this happened to but I could not finish the game! Everytime I played after the sea battle against Crow the game froze up, and when I booted it back up all the entries in the log book were gone, my sea chart did not allow me to travel anywhere, my stats were locked and no  NPC answered me correctly! I tried to play through this 12 times and it don't work...

Really, why did the dev's leave such a horrible bug (among other) on the game and did not fix it?

Just read and it was the same bug encountered by @Avatar_Of_Battle, maybe I will try again in the future

It sucked on PS3, too. At least there, it was a PS+ game. Thank God I didn't hit a bug like that.

I actually had a fondness for Risen 2, despite its problems. But Risen 3 was just a turd.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bruh_peanut said:

Yeah this bug is fucking terrible. It's easily one of the worst I've seen because it can happen on the last leg of your journey causing a complete and total replay. I don't even think I froze. I literally just played normally and as soon as I would get back to the entrance to the town or maybe it was a fort, which was up some stairs, the game did the animation like I had just arrived. Been a while so I don't remember all of the specifics.

The only thing that worked was completely scrubbing the game from my system and starting completely fresh.

I feel for you here man.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...