Rocket League 2v2 Tournament

Also, some servers are randomly laggy so you need to be open to restarting on a new server if there's lag early in the game. Best of 5 matches would be good.

I concur, I've come across this as well.

Me and Dead-Sync are probably in with Team Song Vote(like I'd choose a different name ;) )

Though how long will this tournament be held? Are there required time frames to have to battle before it's considered a forfeit? Schedules can be difficult to match with four different people imo.

I have a nice suggestion for this also. How about STREAMING the match for whoever doesn't have a PS4/can't participate/wants to watch the match? Since the game is PS4 only, I see no problem in this happening, other than you guys needing to set up a twitch/uplay account beforehand. 10/10 would watch.

Also, quitters would be seen if they try to leave while streaming. Everyone wins!

• Like 2

I have a nice suggestion for this also. How about STREAMING the match for whoever doesn't have a PS4/can't participate/wants to watch the match? Since the game is PS4 only, I see no problem in this happening, other than you guys needing to set up a twitch/uplay account beforehand. 10/10 would watch.

Also, quitters would be seen if they try to leave while streaming. Everyone wins!

I was planning on doing this anyway, or at least record it. 

I will certainly be streaming if people are interested!

Also, to combat the lag issue, we should remove all grey area and invoke some rule stating that if you are able to screenshot a ping of over 150, you are allowed to request a re-do if you should choose to. That being said, this might be complicated because the EU servers are absolute trash for people in NA. Quite possibly true for the reverse as well...

• Like 3

I will certainly be streaming if people are interested!

Also, to combat the lag issue, we should remove all grey area and invoke some rule stating that if you are able to screenshot a ping of over 150, you are allowed to request a re-do if you should choose to. That being said, this might be complicated because the EU servers are absolute trash for people in NA. Quite possibly true for the reverse as well...

Yes i can confirm this, Especially when im playing in the night i get matched in US server quite a lot and always got a ping around the 150

Edited by HcG Clawz
  • Like 1

Yes please. I wanted to enter too, but don't have a PS4 yet. So that way I can still follow it and watch all the epic goals.

• Like 1

I concur, I've come across this as well.

Me and Dead-Sync are probably in with Team Song Vote(like I'd choose a different name ;) )

Though how long will this tournament be held? Are there required time frames to have to battle before it's considered a forfeit? Schedules can be difficult to match with four different people imo.

Dav read the OP more closely next time! :facepalm:

Here's actually a better question, what if both teams can't find a time that works for all four players? Do both teams have to forfeit? Or would there then be an extension?

You got a week to schedule and complete your first matches. If we all complete our matches before then we can go onto the next round. If more people want to play we'll consider setting up another tournament in the future :)

Very strange series of matches we had this afternoon. Went 1 game to 1 at the start and then the other team started having all sorts of issues, which includes a disconnection at the results screen following a loss for Team Italy. Not sure how to handle that exactly...

I got disconnected twice, in the 1st match we were winning in the second we were loosing. So I guess it's still 1-1

I got disconnected twice, in the 1st match we were winning in the second we were loosing. So I guess it's still 1-1

This is kinda what I'm worried about. I have to give it to psyonix though for even having the servers run well more than half the time right at launch (unlike a certain sim game by a large developer :/ ).

i think if you're experiencing lag within a game you should use the chat function within a game or quit before the end of the game. 2-1.

And what about the match we were winning 2-0 before I got disconnected? Also the second match wasn't ended it was at least another minute to play and the ping was about 200 Edited by pese-97

And what about the match we were winning 2-0 before I got disconnected? Also the second match wasn't ended it was at least another minute to play and the ping was about 200

In that match we said it was laggy. If one of us had disconnected the issue may have been different but, you did. That game also ended 3-2 but we decided that it would be rematched.

The first match was 3-2 the second 3-0 to us. Then 2-0 to us(when I got 1st time disconnected) then you were winning 2-0 and I got disconnected 2nd time. The fairest thing would be to do again form the 1-1 but you're host and if you make rules so you have to decide

Edited by pese-97

The first match was 3-2 the second 2-1 to us. Then 2-0 to us(when I got 1st time disconnected) then you were winning 2-0 and I got disconnected 2nd time. The fairest thing would be to do again form the 1-1 but you're host and if you make rules so you have to decide

Its a hard decision for me to make since i'm involved, so unless someone else has any input, it would be appreciated. Although the whole disconnecting could be used to someone's advantage, for instance if someone is losing. (not saying that this is the case here) But someone could theoretically quit when they are losing so it would have to be rematched.

Its a hard decision for me to make since i'm involved, so unless someone else has any input, it would be appreciated. Although the whole disconnecting could be used to someone's advantage, for instance if someone is losing. (not saying that this is the case here) But someone could theoretically quit when they are losing so it would have to be rematched.

You're right someone could theoretically quit when they are losing but first time we were winning 2-0 and I still got disconnected. Btw I have the screenshots of the ping and of the connection crash if they are needed Edited by pese-97