Trophy Tips

Sly Ripper

It would have been really nice if any of moderators, or even Sly could comment on this topic, saying what plans on "Trophy Tips" really are. Either this system will be back any time in the future, or we should just forget about it. Until then just sitting here and wondering about it is a bit frustrating.  Hope to hear from administration soon. Thanks.

P.S. Even though I didn't experience tips system myself (it was taken away before I discovered this site), I would like to have it back. I think it would add much more interactivity within the site.

It would have been really nice if any of moderators, or even Sly could comment on this topic, saying what plans on "Trophy Tips" really are. Either this system will be back any time in the future, or we should just forget about it. Until then just sitting here and wondering about it is a bit frustrating.  Hope to hear from administration soon. Thanks.

P.S. Even though I didn't experience tips system myself (it was taken away before I discovered this site), I would like to have it back. I think it would add much more interactivity within the site.

Very sorry! I didn't realize that there wasn't actually a proper response in this thread, I thought most of the answers were in this thread but they were actually left in various threads in the Feedback forums so I can see why people who post here are rather confused. So basically, after the Guides feature was added to the site about a year ago, Sly decided to remove tips completely from the site as he felt purely guides would be a good total replacement. After a while, site users convinced him to at least bring the tips back, but he said that new tips wouldn't be able to be made as he roughly stated ~ "tips on the site usually weren't of great quality and the guide system is meant to replace them".

Now, from a personal perspective, I've been pretty vocal that I don't think that tips should be completely locked off from users as I think they are highly useful when guides aren't yet created for a game in addition to even when a guide does exist for a game (they are a good complement to a guide, sometimes more up to date if bugs occur to a game in an update for instance). Either way, even my constant attempts to persuade him about it didn't even sway him :P I guess he's just truly convinced that tips just aren't usually good quality and require a lot of upkeep, etc... I share all of your concerns and frustrations that people can't post tips anymore and at this point in time I unfortunately don't see them coming back anytime soon  :hmm:

Either way, I hope I answered your questions the best I could and sorry you weren't able to experience the tips system either  :(

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot for response, BlindMango. It's all clear now, and thanks a lot to you for trying to convince Sly. :)

Though, there is one last suggestion I'd like to add to this "tips" topic. If Sly says that tips weren't of a great quality, didn't deliver the message or what not, how about to give a chance to leave tips to the premium members only.

1. It will encourage other users to try premium subscription.

2. Existing premium members will get somewhat worthy in return.

3. Premium members are most likely to be more responsible about what stuff they write in the tips. 

4. Throw like/dislike system to the mix. So users can control the quality of tips too. If a tip goes beyond 10 dislikes(for example), it is flagged and deleted after.

(5) regular - non premium users can only "like" existing tips but not write them.

Hopefully this idea is original and worth considering.  :wave:

Edited by Umych
  • Like 1