Desktop or laptop?

Zenpai

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

I have and only use my MSI gaming laptop. It runs great and has incredible hardware. But it is bulky and the and I never take advantage of the portability. What I should have done was have a not so powerfull laptop with a smaller size, and have a dedicated gaming powerhouse of a desktop.

I am writing this comment on a Chromebook.

It's not my usual thing though, but it's actually a lot better than you'd assume.

I liked my Chromebook when I had one.  Incredibly lightweight, great for web browsing and general needs, sported a ridiculously good battery life.

My only complaint is that Google has completely forgone Java, in both their browser and (by extension) the Chromebook.  Which means I couldn't use it for work, as I need Java to access my work PC's remotely.  Eventually sold it and replaced it for a similar, but Windows-driven, netbook.

Desktop. why? because it cost less than a laptop and can be much much more powerful than a laptop. And if some part gets F###m at least I can afford to replace it and not have to buy a new laptop.

Desktop PC masterrace!.......

Both for me.

Desktop: for customization (building and customizing your own pc is fun) and performance (ranging from gaming to video rendering to hardware designs and simulations)

Laptop: for portability (lord knows how many hours I wasted on Football Manager while in lectures thanks to my laptop) 

I don't understand why this is even a question. A good desktop is half as expensive as a laptop with the same amount of juice, and  the APU can cause issues with Vsync, capping games at 15FPS or even 9 sometimes. Also it's nice to be a ble to upgrade your system instead of having t buy a whole new one. 

If you need to have your laptop for other things than gaming as well; and you need to have a portable thing, just get a phone xD Laptops are useful as a mid-power portable device but don't try to do any hardcore gaming on them; you'll just be wasting your money. I know this from first-hand experience. 

I don't understand why this is even a question. A good desktop is half as expensive as a laptop with the same amount of juice, and  the APU can cause issues with Vsync, capping games at 15FPS or even 9 sometimes. Also it's nice to be a ble to upgrade your system instead of having t buy a whole new one. 

If you need to have your laptop for other things than gaming as well; and you need to have a portable thing, just get a phone xD Laptops are useful as a mid-power portable device but don't try to do any hardcore gaming on them; you'll just be wasting your money. I know this from first-hand experience. 

You forget some people have no interest at all in PC gaming and just being able to browse the Internet/do simple tasks might be all they need.

I prefer desktop for serious gaming (games like COD for example), but laptop for everyday use and light gaming (sims, or point and click adventure games).

I don't have the option of having a desktop anyway so I just use a laptop. I've grown really used to laptops and desktops are expensive as you said. 

• 4 weeks later...