Any similar games?

limelight1979

Just started branch D and still enjoying this game. I like the twisted humor and female lead...which got me thinking are there any other similar PS3 games like this out there? In terms of really out-there hack-n-slash/action rpg with (or without) crude humor? 

NIER is from the same people and the games are set in the same continuity (more or less). NIER is a lot more emotional than this one though (especially if you go through all the endings) and the lead character is a male instead.

• Like 2

Nier was made by the same developer and it's pretty similar, so you should give it a try. No female lead, but there is an important female(?) side character who's kinda like Zero, very foul mouthed and says some funny stuff. The game is a diamond in the rough, but if you liked Drakengard you'll like this aswell.

• Like 1

NIER is the obvious choice. I've bought this game a few days ago and, to be honest, I'm very excited to play it and depress myself yet again, because Drakengard. I would like to suggest something else, but aside from other Drakengards on PS2, nothing comes to mind right away...

Shadow of the Damned, perhaps?

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

Thanks. Im going to give Nier another shot. I did 1000G on Lollipop Chainsaw on 360 so ill probably do that one again. Shadows of the Damned was a lot of fun too but i dont think i wanna 100% it, not sure why. Also, I ordered Onechanbara with Nono but honestly after watching lots of videos it looks kinda bare bones. 

Anyone played a game called Trinity? I tried the demo and it seemed fun, not sure about the full game though. 

Edited by limelight1979

• 6 months later...