If you could spend a month living in one of your games, which would it be and why?

Chell_Clare

• 4 years later...
7 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

Definitely in the Witcher world. I'd be Geralt having sex with YEN, TRISS and KEIRA without the worries of making them pregnant. Just have to hide the handcuffs from them or have the key on me:eyebrow: 

I was about to say the same - the Witcher universe.

However, I thought about it for a moment, and I think it would likely play out like this: I grow up as a poor farmer's son in Velen. All my childhood is spent kicking dirt, losing friends to wolves in the forest and otherwise being poorly treated by my surroundings. Then, when I turn 18 my father dies and it's my time to shine. I will become the greatest farmer south of the Pontar, but a war breaks out and I'm conscripted to the Temerian Army. If I'm not ploughed in the arse by a Nilfgaardian sword, I'll probably end up cleaning the latrines for the Bloody Baron. Then Geralt, or you I suppose, come riding in on your majestic stallion. I spit in jealousy and defiance, bemoaning my sorry existence as the shit cleaner, wondering if I'll ever get to travel the world, maybe return to my farm, or even ever get to change out of my manure-covered shirt. 

One night I'm up taking a piss, and wouldn't you believe it, I see you walking there holding a demon baby in your hands, and before I'm able to put my snake in the trousers I'm being attacked by a wraith. The ghostly bitch scratches my shoulder before I escape, and the next morning I can't even lift a shovel. I have to use my one good hand to shovel shit, and by now I wonder why the gods would be so cruel as to allow me to survive not only the skirmish against the Nilfgaardians, but also last nights ambush by a ghost. What could they have in store for me?

Then one day, the Bloody Baron spawns right in front of me. My good hand is covered in days-old shit, but I no longer care. Being a bit timid while facing this drunken monstrosity of a warmonger, I accidentally use my shit hand to pull my hair back. The Baron eyes me for a moment, but tells me to be at the stables come morn'. Yes! I think to myself, finally my time to go on an adventure. We travel east, into the bogs, and while the other men are restless and scared, I can't help but think of the greatness I'm destined to achieve. I was put in this band of miserable brothers for a reason.

We meet you, fight our way through an army of drowners (and I'm kicking ass, btw. Actually took roughly 37% of the health off one of them before you came and slayed it), and after some dull conversation at an orphanage (why would anyone build an orphanage out there anyway?), a fiend spawns in the bog. Relax, Geralt, I've got this I say. I lift my sword and yell some local Velen-slang curses at the beast, and it turns to me. Then it charges and ... well, its antlers hit me. My lungs are punctured, I can't control my bowels. I'm bleeding to death, making the noises of a squealing pig for every breath I take.

Right before I pass out into oblivion, I feel something on my face. It's your boot. While dancing around the fiend, slowly killing it without taking a hit, you actually stepped on my soon-to-be corpse. I die with the mud from your boots covering my face.

Nah, I think I'd rather live somewhere else.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon easy as to which Pokemon I would end up as it would probably be Ninetales aside from Ninetales being my favorite Pokemon I also been Ninetales quite a few times in dreams before too, and Espeon would probably be my partner and Espeon was also my partner in dreams I have had as well.
Only downside is I would probably have to avoid Moltres, seeing as Moltres causes me nothing but trouble.
 I also probably wind being Articuno, Yveltal, Dialga, Lycanroc and many others as well since I have been quite a few Pokemon in some dreams I have.
Also been Noivern before and was able to see soundwaves inside of dark caves which was pretty interesting.
 And if that sort of thing did happen I would stay in that world forever if I could help it never returning to this one.

Well, this is a somewhat hard question. It basically boils down to three franchises for me, but given I prefer to stay within the boundaries of PlayStation or third party IPs on this site, I guess it'd be two, so it'd be...

the Jak series. Flying (and hijackable) hovercrafts, jetboard, (skilled) manipulation of various types of elemental-like substances at pretty much any given time (like the Avatar), transformations, buggies, racing (for fun and as a sport), guns (that utilize that same aforementioned type of substance), interesting mysteries and secrets about the world to uncover, etc. Sorry, but a lot of other franchises just can't compete, either because there's not many dynamics in the worlds (especially the more realistic games that mirrors the real-world way too much) or because it's too easy to die in them (even for the games with OP protagonist. You can try and be a badass all you want trying to be like Rico, Kratos, Aloy, Spider-Man, etc, but you're still, funnily enough, pretty much just as susceptible to death there as you are in the real-world)... especially series like Dead Space, The Walking Dead, Dying Light, Resident Evil, etc.

Edited by EcoShifter

• 4 years later...