Pirate Ship Parts questions.

So my questions are:

1 - Do I need the "DLC" pirate ship parts (I assume so, since it's not DLC in this version, like the generic units and rank 40+ gear).

2 - If we need those previously "DLC" parts, can someone tell me what are the requirements to get them? (so far I got all the ones that showed in post game, but there's 1 piece missing for almost all sides of the ship and don't know what they are named nor where to look for them).

3 - Can we get all the (non-"DLC") piece ships using Release Tickets? I have 6 Release Tickets and am missing 5 pieces from defeating specific pirate crews, and I would prefer to not look for those pirates if possible..

I think that's all my questions for now..

Thanks.

1. I'm assuming yes since this version includes all of the DLC and all DLC pieces registered in the game are required toward the trophies.

2. If i'm correct and assuming that the PS3 version is the same with PSV version and the Ship Parts are the same, you can follow this guide if you would like.

3. Release/X-tickets might net you a random piece of a ship part, and that's a perhaps...5% chance? And as you can get All (excluding ones you get from defeating pirates) of the ship parts from disciplining enemies, it's recommended to avoid those tickets anyway, just note that the process WILL take quite a lot of time.

I hope i did help you, and if i didn't, sorry about that.

Thanks, and I'm asking for some reasons that I didn't mentioned too.

I happen to have been following that guide, and actually got 2 pieces that were from pirate crews from the release tickets, but have had no luck since then, so maybe I will need to hunt them in the item world, but that's not a big problem, since they seam to show up more easily on this version then on ps3.

My main problem is those odd pieces that I suppose that are from "DLC", since they are in the middle of the "DLCs", but I have no clue where/how to get them (maybe they are related to some tourney, like some characters are, or are related to other DLC or even to the final Baal fight, I don't know...). Maybe someone that played all the DLC on ps3 may know, but I didn't and am feeling a bit lost now..

I'm also having troubles finding a Raffle Trader with the X-ticket (3 kind of those tickets), so far found him 3 times, but he only had the other 2 kinds of tickets..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

I'm afraid i can only help you with one of your problems now, since i only own the PS3 version with all of the DLCs.

iirc All DLC ship parts unlocked for me as soon as i talked to the Pirate Editor (I was in Post-Game, i think) and registered right away, i honestly can't remember if there's a DLC part that unlocks if you do something special, but if you are sure that you checked the list and have all of the parts, i can't help with that.

But perhaps you didn't get all of the parts yet? iirc the DLC listing isn't actually Organised (Like in how HD Asagi's unique skills are in the middle of the list while Baal's are in the bottom and so on with the rest) so i suggest that you get all non-DLC ones that you are missing, and perhaps ask about that certain part later?

I'm guessing you also mean the X-dimension tickets? Those are sold by a different kind of NPC called the Scalper (Must be encountered in F1-49 and another in 51-99).

Because i remember that you can get the X-tickets and Release tickets all by a single visit to that raffle shop owner, but if that's not the case, i'm afraid i can't help you here either.

Oh and another one, no DLC character (including Baal, he only holds a Fun-Sword that can be obtained when he is defeated, which is required for the items trophy) holds a pirate ship (I can't remember if the Tournament holds one and the flash back wasn't in that version, neither does Fuka & Desco Show hold one) so you can scratch that off.

Edited by Timanthon

Thanks.

Actually that guide gives no info on dlc pirate ship parts (and all the ones I unlock were unlocked after watching a scene for each on postgame), and from what I saw everything new is needed for the trophy (they even add a rank 40-2 or 41 tier for weapons/armors on the vita, so everything is needed now..).

And they changed the ticket scalper too (he will have all the tickets to unlock all the x-dimensions corresponding to the story lvls you beat if you find him in a item at lvl51+), I was really talking of the 3rd tier of release tickets from the raffle trader, I think that are called actually "X-ticket", and I'm just finding this much more rare then when I plated the PS3 version (on the other hand it was easy to find Sake.. not Shortcake yet tough..).

Thanks for noting that it may not be in the right order, since the parts that I think that were from DLC aren't missing for all ship locations and some are the 2nd to last and others are the 3rd to last.

I think I will finish everything and get to this later...

Final note: I decided to ask before doing that because my game glitched 2 things (total damage dealt and total game time) and was afraid that this had bugged the pirate ship info on the data shop too. Ya, both are as far from real as possible.. I may have played 150-200 hours at max... any never did over 4 million damage to a single unit.. don't ask how it happened, it could have been when I used a custom map from someone else, or when I played it on vita TV, but I don't know for sure.

post-16820-0-92035400-1438031477_thumb.jpg

1-2. You don't need the DLC parts for the trophy.  In fact, Sony has a rule that all platinums must be obtainable without any purchase of DLC, so there's never going to be a Disgaea where DLC is mandatory for the platinum.  It might make things easier in some situations, but that's as far as it goes.

3.  There are parts that can only be gotten from killing Pirates in the Item World.  You can Discipline enemies and/or turn in Release Tickets until the cows come home and you still won't find certain parts by either method.  You're just going to have to hope the RNG works in your favor and/or savescum at particular points in an Item World until you get what you want.

1-2. You don't need the DLC parts for the trophy.  In fact, Sony has a rule that all platinums must be obtainable without any purchase of DLC, so there's never going to be a Disgaea where DLC is mandatory for the platinum.  It might make things easier in some situations, but that's as far as it goes.

3.  There are parts that can only be gotten from killing Pirates in the Item World.  You can Discipline enemies and/or turn in Release Tickets until the cows come home and you still won't find certain parts by either method.  You're just going to have to hope the RNG works in your favor and/or savescum at particular points in an Item World until you get what you want.

Thanks for the input, but you are half wrong in the DLC not being needed for the platinum in this case.

Disgaea 3 and 4 remake for the vita have all the ps3 DLC for free and as an integral part of the game, even some of the trophies needed for the platinum are for that content.

When I say DLC in this context is to differentiate regular content on the ps3 and DLC content on ps3 for an easier comparison and because some may have some knowledge from the ps3 DLC that is relevant to this thread, not because it is actual DLC in this game.

There's some stuff that was changed from the ps3 version to the vita version, and that's probably what's giving me troubles (along with stuff that was DLC on the ps3 version, since I didn't played the DLC on ps3).

This thread is about Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (for Vita), not about Disgaea 4: A Promise Unfulfilled (for PS3), please keep this in mind.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

We have a difference of definition then.  Sony's rule is that if it isn't included with the base game but has to be bought separately, it's DLC.  And that's the definition I'm fixated upon.  Yes, the games are re-released on Vita with all of the console DLC included.... and I don't consider that to be "DLC" and neither does Sony.

That being said, my recall is that there are pirate ship parts that must be won from Pirates in the Item World regardless of version.  Not a huge number, necessarily, but the designers want you searching for the obscure pirates on deeper floors.

Yes, probably not the best choice of words, but I needed a way to differentiate them from the ones that weren't DLC on the ps3 version because the ones that were DLC on the ps3 version weren't gotten from defeating crews or disciplining generics (I know the routine of pirate crew hunt and generic discipline + reset, since I'm not new to Disgaea).

From the 10 pieces that I'm missing, I know that 5 are from defeating specific pirate crews in the item world (namely Prinny Pirates, Artist Pirates, Queen Pirates, Red Pirates and Comando Pirates), but the other 5 pieces that I'm missing are in the middle of the pieces that were DLC on the PS3 version, and I can't find a list of pirate ship parts that lists all this pieces to even figure it out whats their name.. this is mainly because almost all info I find is just limited to the original ps3 version without DLC info.

And since I'm posting this, I may as well describe the location in the data shop of my missing unknown pieces.

1st - Body part - between "Battleship mm Body" and "Bottle Ship Body"

2nd - Rear part - between "Battleship mm Tail" and "Bottle Ship Stern"

3rd - Left side part - between "Sardine L Missile" and "Bottle Ship L Wing"

4th - Right side part - between "Sardine R Missile" and "Bottle Ship R Wing"

5th - Top part - between " Battleship mm Back" and "Demon General Micky"

Edited by Han_the_Dragon