Updates?

Rollers23

Ok, so I heard that there are tons of big updates for this game and they are pretty large. Since my internet is pretty crappy I doubt I will download them all. Are the updates necessary to play the game? I know that online probably won't work. What about single player? 

Ok, so I heard that there are tons of big updates for this game and they are pretty large. Since my internet is pretty crappy I doubt I will download them all. Are the updates necessary to play the game? I know that online probably won't work. What about single player? 

Nope, updates are not necessary to play, turn off wireless internet or disconnect the ethernet cable on your PS3 before starting and you can play all the single player you want without updating first! 

turn off wireless internet or disconnect the ethernet cable on your PS3 before starting and you can play all the single player you want without updating first! 

So if my PS3 is connected then GT6 won't allow me to play?? Can't I just cancel the updates or something? 

So if my PS3 is connected then GT6 won't allow me to play?? Can't I just cancel the updates or something? 

If there are updates for a game and your PS3 sees them, generally, no, you can't cancel the update and play. I learned that with GT5 when I had some friends on their way over and 2 mbps internet to download massive updates. Took three hours to download that update.

• Like 1

If there are updates for a game and your PS3 sees them, generally, no, you can't cancel the update and play.

When PS3 asked if I want to update the game I just canceled and everything worked even though I was connected :P

Anyway thanks for help.

When PS3 asked if I want to update the game I just canceled and everything worked even though I was connected :P

Anyway thanks for help.

That's great to hear! I've just been killing my wireless connection when I was planning to play with friends, now I will just leave it up and ignore any update messages. Of course, It's one of the reasons I got Plus, to update for me in off-hours, but I didn't want another debacle.

• 6 months later...

About the updates, I just bought the game, does anyone has any information about what it fixed, added or changed?, they are very large to download, in my system, I have 1Gb of free space and I need 3.9Gb~4Gb more for the update, I don't use to play online, so, it's recomendable to download it or not?

About the updates, I just bought the game, does anyone has any information about what it fixed, added or changed?, they are very large to download, in my system, I have 1Gb of free space and I need 3.9Gb~4Gb more for the update, I don't use to play online, so, it's recomendable to download it or not?

Mostly those Special Cars Section. Then some minor interface tweaks and some back end online update but not much.

I'm guessing you had bought the release day editions that's why you have those huge chunk of update files.

Having the option to opt not to is something that am not too sure,  since those updates tend to auto-run during initialization of the game. (I may be wrong though)

-Razgriz 

Thanks xf22RazGriz, the versión I own have some bonus via DLC redeemer, maybe I'll download all the patches, when I played the game yesterday, the update screen appeared every 5 minutes and because the game doesn't get paused when it appeared, I'll try it, thanks again and have a nice day

I installed the updates and it doesn't work, when I started the game, it made me install the game too (don't confuse with the updates), and it couldn't pass from the begining of the installation, I waited more than an hour and the game had not started the process, I ended uninstalling the update, I don't recomend to install it, when I installed it, was the 1.22 versión and it needed 25Gb to download and install it, if someone wants that info