Brawler, Insanity and Temporary Difficulty

Greenhilt

So I jumped into playing Mass Effect 2 as an Insane Engineer. It's been hard, but I've just cleared the collector ship after fighting the Praetorian like 20 times. :)

So now I'm temporarily freed from the game railroading me, I gave thought to the one outstanding combat trophy I haven't gotten: Brawler. I've tried to farm this during the main story like I have for every other combat trophy, but even if I'm only facing husks or LOKI mechs it's really difficult to hurt them just enough that I can punch and shoot. Either my punch outright kills them, they recover from the punch while I'm still putting bullets into them or their allies get me and kill me. Despite my best efforts I'm only at 4/20 for Brawler.

So I've landed at one of the popular side missions for farming Brawler, and all the problems I have are still there. So I'm wondering: If I were to make a dedicated Brawler save, drop the difficulty to casual and farm Brawler, then return the difficulty and load a prior save, does that cost me the Insanity Trophy?

I think a safety workaround would be to upload my saves to PS+ before I attempt this, but that means I'm waiting for 24 hours before I can continue my playthrough.