PlayStation 4 gets a keyboard & mouse

Venocide

The Tactical Assault Commander 4 is a wired keyboard and mouse set designed for use with the PlayStation 4 and 3.

Officially licensed by Sony, it has all of the face buttons from a PlayStation controller including an L3 key, and arrow keys instead of an analog stick. Additionally it has "Snipe", "Walk", and "Quick" keys.

It also has programmable buttons and an LED backlight. It is designed to replicate the feel of PC gaming on a console.

The Tactical Assault Commander 4 is listed on Amazon UK for £86, with a release date of October 9. In Japan it is listed for 14,904 yen ($120), with a release date of November 30.

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1

Should be very useful for mmo games

How so? It's not like it has hot-keys or anything?

I think it's more aimed at the FPS online crowd, who want to be able to dominate with pinpoint accuracy you can get with a mouse. If it works as intended, then say hello to headshots galore from players who have this set-up.

• Like 2

I would definitely get this for a FPS since I could never get used to playing with a normal controller  :unsure:

Same here. I don't really play FPS games because of that. Sadly, it's fucking expensive, as always. I'd rather continue playing COD2 on my shitty computer than buying this so I could enjoy the new FPS games.

Hmm. I sure the pro fps players online will love this, but it's still not really a keyboard. 

IF I had interest in cod online ect I'd get it though, looks like when I do venture on a fps I'm going to be killed more then usual with my standard controller  :devil:

That keyboard is so useless, biggest waste of money.

I'm a 3.5-4 KD player in shooters and I play with controllers and mouse/keyboard, a good mouse player is just leagues ahead of a controller. This isn't a preference type of thing like in fighting games with arcade sticks. Mouse just has much more accuracy and speed, it's kind of unfair, but this is only at high skill level.

As for mmo's..controller is OK.. but if other mmo's come out like WoW where you need at least 40 keybindings, then that keyboards gonna have to change lol. FF14 is perfectly playable on controller, but a game like WoW would be completely impossible.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

How so? It's not like it has hot-keys or anything?

I think it's more aimed at the FPS online crowd, who want to be able to dominate with pinpoint accuracy you can get with a mouse. If it works as intended, then say hello to headshots galore from players who have this set-up.

Yeah, sure, a 120$ keyboard that even cant write... in MMOs... totally worth it.  :awesome:

I meant ps4 mmo games such as elder scrolls online and destiny.

Am I the only one who thinks this is pointless. If I want to play games with a mouse and keyboard, I'll play them on the PC.

Unless you are already master prestige and your progress doesn't carry over across multiple platforms AND you are good with controller, but even better with mouse and keyboard. Well, Steam can make pc gaming into consoles, why can't sony do the 'opposite'?

Unless you are already master prestige and your progress doesn't carry over across multiple platforms AND you are good with controller, but even better with mouse and keyboard. Well, Steam can make pc gaming into consoles, why can't sony do the 'opposite'?

Of course I'm already a master prestige, that should be obvious by looking at all the Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Resistance, and all those other FPS plats I have ;). I can easily chain 720-quickscopes together like it's nothing.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Of course I'm already a master prestige, that should be obvious by looking at all the Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Resistance, and all those other FPS plats I have ;). I can easily chain 720-quickscopes together like it's nothing.

I'm sorry, I promise to gitgud before the next time I quote you.  B)

• Like 1