Can anyone recommend this?

Anthropomorphic animals...  :lol:

Appears to be a 3d platformer...  :lol:

Graphics look good considering it's been remastered from PS2...  :lol:

Sooo, this looks halfway tempting to me.

Did anyone play the PS2 version? If so, would you recommend the game? Or are you tempted to play it again in remastered form?

I played and beat it on the ps2. It was ok, the cut scenes are done manga-style if you like that sort of thing. Other than that I don't remember too much about it, pretty forgettable for the most part.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Seems like my cup of tea, but might hold out for a sale, or *fingers crossed* PS+ one day. Reviews seem a mixed bag - the writing and camera get criticised, but the combat and platforming are apparently ok to good.

So, this was definitely on sale a couple of weeks back. Ever get it?

No, not this time but I did see it was on sale. Waaay too many games to play already, and with the Autumn release season about to get into full swing, I decided not to. Fingers are crossed for a PS+ release in the meantime. 

• 9 months later...

No, not this time but I did see it was on sale. Waaay too many games to play already, and with the Autumn release season about to get into full swing, I decided not to. Fingers are crossed for a PS+ release in the meantime. 

The game is pretty fun so far but the platinum rarity doesn't reflect the difficulty IMO. I had a few hang ups on Nightmare difficulty that both took around 45 minutes to finally beat but other than that, the difficulty hasn't been too bad. The graphics held up pretty well but the voice acting and combat controls are pretty dated. They can seem sub-par and all around not very good, although I feel they wouldn't be as bad on a lower difficulty like Normal. The platforming sections play quite well though and I don't have any complaints in that department. The story is somewhat interesting so far and including anthropomorphic animals is a nice change of pace in the world of more realistic style games with human characters. I am on Chapter 12 out of 23 so I would say I am around half way done with the game and the levels seem to be getting even shorter, so I might be even a little more than halfway done.

Edited by skateak

• 3 years later...

I highly recommend to anyone considering buying this horrendous pile of shit to first read this: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/legend-of-kay-anniversary/271950-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

You'll see that Yours Truly (along with many others) were not pleased with this game and that's putting it mildly. To be honest the best advise I can give is to completely avoid this game if you're considering to go after the platinum.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I highly recommend to anyone considering buying this horrendous pile of shit to first read this: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/legend-of-kay-anniversary/271950-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

You'll see that Yours Truly (along with many others) were not pleased with this game and that's putting it mildly. To be honest the best advise I can give is to completely avoid this game if you're considering to go after the platinum.

Game glitched on me at the crocodile temple - key in my inventory went missing, they only patched it on steam. Hugely disappointed, not worth the replay 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

My 2 cents:

The game was definitely from it's era with both the writing and gameplay. I feel like you just have to learn how the game works to best it, but it felt janky at times.

I personally, only got stuck a couple times close to the end. The missable trophies made me not want to try this game for a while, since you'd have to start a fresh playthrough to re-do anything.

Took me a little over 20 hours for one playthrough on Nightmare.