Servers are Down - Plat impossible

Sinthoras_96

Hey guys,

me and some other Crysis Veterans noticed that it seems to be impossible to log in the multiplayer part of the game. We first expirenced this 1 week ago. Since its still doesnt work, we dont think that the servers will come back online. Obviously the only trophies - and with them the Platinum - are not longer achievable. I just wanted to inform you guys about this. So if you really care about trophies and try to get 100% everywhere, you shouldnt start with this game. Otherwise the campaign is still worth a playthrough (in my opinion :P ).

• Like 1

You have to be joking. All I need is the "Dedication" trophy which I can't try to obtain until this Saturday. 4 more days is all I needed. I really hope they fix the servers and this is just a temporary thing.

I was hoping if they were going to shutdown the servers they would at least make an announcement before they did it. Plus, this game was just on sale a week or so ago. I'd be extremely upset if I just bought it and they shut the servers down a week later.

Edited by MStalker58

This is exactly what we've been experiencing with my boosting group, but usually there's some kind of notice anywhere if they planned to take them down permanently. Just missing the online part for plat also.

I have the gut feeling that this will be the last time they repair them though (if they do it anyways), game is kinda old already and you know how EA usually is with their onlines.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Damn ... thats a punch in the face man. Im sorry for you but  sadly no joking :( . As I said its impossible to login since ~ 1 week. I wouldnt have posted this if it was only 1 day. But after 1 week? I dont think the servers will work again.... All in all its a very strange thing, since they could easily have shutted them down together with the PC version. I dont see why they let the consoles run to shut down the ps3 version only a few months later (xbox version still works btw). But even if it wasnt their intention or just a technical mistake or something I dont think that they will bring the servers back because neither ea nor crytek nor sony care about this game´s mp anymore. And i need to say i can understand it. Why should they work on solving server issues for a game that is played by max. 50 people on good days? RIP Crysis 2 :(

Edited by Sinthoras_96

You have to be joking. All I need is the "Dedication" trophy which I can't try to obtain until this Saturday. 4 more days is all I needed. I really hope they fix the servers and this is just a temporary thing.

I was hoping if they were going to shutdown the servers they would at least make an announcement before they did it. Plus, this game was just on sale a week or so ago. I'd be extremely upset if I just bought it and they shut the servers down a week later.

I think you could of manipulated the clock on your ps3 six months further and you would get it. It worked for Batman Arkham City. I would assume it worked for Crysis 2 since the top 50 earned the plat in less than a month. That sucks man if they do shut it down. That has always been my fear with online. I usually always go for online trophies first. 

• Like 1

but usually there's some kind of notice anywhere if they planned to take them down permanently. 

Thats exactly why it seems to me like some technical issue (having in mind that xbox still works!). But as  I said: Nobody cares so I dont see them coming back.

I know the feeling of a game being on sale only to find out they shut down the servers. MK Vs. DC got me like that :shakefist: But this is a shame as I was thinking about picking this up to play the MP again. Loved every moment of it.

I think you could of manipulated the clock on your ps3 six months further and you would get it. It worked for Batman Arkham City. I would assume it worked for Crysis 2 since the top 50 earned the plat in less than a month. That sucks man if they do shut it down. That has always been my fear with online. I usually always go for online trophies first

No you can't use the manipulate PS3 clock trick to get "Dedication." The time it uses is kept on the Crysis 2 servers and was already very glitchy. I wish I could have done that. I can't believe this happened so close to my 6 months. I was worried about it the whole time but I thought I might be safe when I only had a couple weeks left.  

• Like 1

No you can't use the manipulate PS3 clock trick to get "Dedication." The time it uses is kept on the Crysis 2 servers and was already very glitchy. I wish I could have done that. I can't believe this happened so close to my 6 months. I was worried about it the whole time but I thought I might be safe when I only had a couple weeks left.  

Yeah I just looked it up. I hope they get the servers back up like BFBC 1. I'm glad I'm done with all my online games. Only need 1 game, but that's offline stuff. Well I do have a few games in the backlog that have some online, but are short and quick. 

First Battlefield: Bad Company, now this? EA is usually better at giving warning than this.

I didnt hear about that. Well after checking the forums it seems like they fixed BFBC1. So there is still some hope left. But on the other hand I think there are much more people caring about bf than crysis 2 as there was a big shitstorm in the EA forums but not a single post about crysis. I didnt find any post on the fucking internet (except in our crysis community fb group), so I decided to let people know.

Edited by Sinthoras_96

I didnt hear about that. Well after checking the forums it seems like they fixed BFBC1. So there is still some hope left. But on the other hand I think there are much more people caring about bf than crysis 2 as there was a big shitstorm in the EA forums but not a single post about crysis. I didnt find any post on the fucking internet (except in our crysis community fb group), so I decided to let people know.

Yeah If I look at it rationally I could understand them not fixing them since it's an old game and not enough people care about it. Still, emotionally it is a punch in the gut and still hurts. Plus this would be my first unobtainable plat, which was inevitable but still sucks to be so close and not get it by a few days. I have no confidence in EA, but the only hope I'm holding onto is the fact that there wasn't an announcement and the XBox servers still work, so obviously this wasn't planned. In the past, at least EA has announced that servers for games will be shutting down. They shut down Crysis 2 on PC last year along with a bunch of other games but they gave a warning ahead of time. Thanks for giving us a heads up though.

Well, good they fixed those, but doesn't help Crysis 2. :(

EA usually announce their server shut downs here:

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

There's no mention of Crysis 2 for the PS3 being shut down there.

As I said its impossible to login since ~ 1 week. I wouldnt have posted this if it was only 1 day. But after 1 week? I dont think the servers will work again.

^^ Just give it a try. Your PS3 will freeze when you try to log in ;)

I'm sure this is probably unrelated, but I started playing Skate 3 about two weeks ago, which is also an EA title that has been around for a good time but the servers were "still up".  And of course, the very day that I started playing, a lot of the online functionality shut down out of the blue, which prevented me from getting a few of the trophies.  I posted on the EA forums (and not many people did with the game being so old.....) and about 10 days later those online services got "restored".  They probably just needed to reboot the servers.

Anyway, if nothing else, maybe this will give you some hope that all is not lost with old EA servers (hopefully..)! I always wanted to try this game...but with it already being so old, that 6 month trophy has kept me at bay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If he said you play a lot of FPS issues... he looked at your Origin or PSN accounts, right? They did the same for me when i had issues with another game, and they offered me... Crysis 2 <_<"

Because all EA's games are broken :D.

I think that he checked EA account. I also have Medal of Honor, several BF games, Syndicate...

If you will try to claim a compensation:

Seems like EA advisors doesn't believes in authenticity of this screenshot and asks about a case number. So there is one more proof for those who will try to claim a compensation:

Case #19682907. http://i.imgur.com/scaISZH.png