DEATHMARCH !

It's really not challenging after you get the hang of it. I died a lot in the first area but as you learn potions and skills it becomes significantly easier. It's really a matter of practice and figuring out what skills work against which enemies. I found Axii indispensable and the other magic spells of little use, but others love them. It's pretty well balanced for multiple play styles.

Optionally you could wait a day or two until they release the New Game Plus DLC and start a new game on Death March at level 30.

I started on deathmarch straight away when the only RPG kind of game I ever played was Pokemon. I got my ass kicked in for one hour where you are at the tree. I had to change difficulty down to Blood and Broken bones and played through on that. I learned that you have to always use your signs and potions. Don't be afraid to run away from enemies to heal. Don't always go in to fight someone and not leave without fully killing them. One slash at a time and you'll get used to it and then it will get really easy. Practice makes perfect.

Deathmarch is only really difficult in White Orchard because you can only really reach level 3 even if you do everything. After that, it becomes a cake walk. Don't fret. You WILL die, but you'll learn from it. My first playthrough I was level 35 when I beat the game and it was almost too easy. I'm currently level 27 (almost 28) on my second playthrough and can't wait for the New Game Plus DLC.