Patience is the key!

x-Alec_J-x

Ether One is notoriously slow to load and a bit buggy on fast travel, but with a little patience, you can get through the game without getting frustrated.

Rule number one, if you are loading a save or travelling between levels, a black screen doesnt mean a crash, it means Ether One is loading.....slowly. Ive never had a black screen glitch out into a crash. 

***If your screen is Black--- it will come back.

Rule number two, some of the walkthroughs out there were written before the game was patched so if you are having trouble finishing a task while using a specific guide, try another one. A few small things have changed that cause what seems like bugs, but are just tiny game changes that make some tasks work slightly differently. 

***If your walkthrough seems to have lied, try a different guide.

Rule number 3, Save often! Worst case scenario, you lose a few minutes not hours.

***If your game does happen to get freezy, reloading is easy.

I would just hate to see people miss this game because of a few eccentricities. It tells quite a good story, one that might hit home for some of you in a special way. The puzzles are well crafted and fair. You might even want to try it without a walkthrough first.....not that i did....but hey....ya never know.

Plus-- All Dem Trophies! 

• Like 1

I really want to play this and Apotheon, both broken on release and under subsequent patches. Nice to see a few heads up on this. Can I speedrun the game on a second playthrough after a blind first one? Like skipping cutscenes and dialogs?

I agree with the OP. This game isn't as polished as it could be and the puzzles can be frustrating, but if you can get past that with some combination of patience and/or walkthroughs, it's worth a play. I'll admit the ending had me tearing up a bit. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to play this and Apotheon, both broken on release and under subsequent patches. Nice to see a few heads up on this. Can I speedrun the game on a second playthrough after a blind first one? Like skipping cutscenes and dialogs?

You can play Apotheon, can't you? I mean, the only problem I had with it was finding all the rare weapons, which needed patching, but they patched that in a matter of weeks. So I think you can go for it.

This game was so glitched when I played it, you couldn't even solve some of the puzzles (You literally couldn't interact with stuff like black boards). The game crashed for me a lot, once when I was in the village, and the game couldn't load my save anymore, it got stuck in loading, and I've let it sit for over an hour to see if it was just extremely slow, but it was stuck.

Had to wait for yet another patch to be able to continue, which broke some other puzzles again. So once again I was stuck trying to get 100% completion.

The issues with this game were far from minor. I don't know the current state of it, I deleted it as soon as the platinum trophy popped.

In the end the game has a nice little story and some of the puzzles are pretty good. I would definitely have enjoyed this game a lot more if it didn't have these issues. It was unplayable.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1