Your opinions on Windows 10?

ZeroXOF

If you use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade (AFTER the PC has been "reserved" for Windows 10), not only do you not have to wait... but it actually works, unlike that finicky Windows Update method.

I used that tool to force-install Windows 10 even without reserving it. I read that they also require you to have the latest SP/build, which I didn't have. Oh well, mine is up and running so no complaints from me :P

What would I tell them when I call though?  Since it was a free upgrade, it's not like I have a valid Windows 10 product key.

You *do* get assigned a new product key when you upgrade. Microsoft has given free upgrades to their new OS's since Vista. If you bought a new PC within 30 days of Vista, 7, or 8 being released, you were given a free upgrade and assigned a new product key.

The hotline will ask for either your existing product key OR your new product key and be able to activate your Windows with either. Calls take less than a minute.

http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/

Then go down to "Finding the Windows Key Without Any Software"

As I said though, your OLD product code will also work. They're both tied to your upgrade when you activate. 

The product key on Windows 10 for any free upgrade user is just a generic one, from what I can tell.  I think I'll have to bank on my old key working, though I honestly haven't seen anything that supports the Windows 8.1 product key turning into a Windows 10 key through the upgrade.

The product key on Windows 10 for any free upgrade user is just a generic one, from what I can tell.  I think I'll have to bank on my old key working, though I honestly haven't seen anything that supports the Windows 8.1 product key turning into a Windows 10 key through the upgrade.

I just called the re-activation hotline this morning to ask. They will only need your original Product Key. They do not need the new unknown product key to re-active Windows 10, if need be. No need to surf around the internet hoping for correct answers when the company is ready to answer questions directly. I was told that the original product key is transmitted upon the first Windows 10 activation.

Simple enough! Keep the original key you already have and you use that. 

Windows activation: (888) 571-2048 - Feel free to check yourself!

• 3 weeks later...

I find peoples reaction interesting

On the one side everyone is complaining, worldwide, about NSA and stuff, but on the other side, Facebook, Google and Microsoft are doing the same and nobody cares, because they get something "for free".

I bet when people would actually read the Windows10 EULA and the privacystuff, the popularity would dropp in an instant.

Please explain me eg why Windows10 has an integrated keylogger (that like everything else get synched with the Microsoft-cloud so that everyone has your bankinginformation and stuff, because who cares for privacy?) to improve Cortana?

Back then with WindowsXP there were tools like XP-Antispy, because people went fully paranoid about things like, however this Errorreport-service is called in english.

Today people have their personal overseer sitting in their livingroom and they love them, because they got them "for free"... wtf

I find humanlogic really interesting :awesome:

Edited by Neputyunu

I recently bought a HP Stream 11 and it had come with windows 8.1 pre installed. The first hour or so i noticed that it was extremely sluggish for a new laptop.

Then the notification for windows 10 popped up in the corner so i decided to dl and install. Now the laptop is performing as it should without any issues with speed.

Having used just about all the versions of windows over the years i can honestly say in my opinion that they have gotten it right with windows 10. It's like a windows 7 base version and then some of the best bits of windows 8. 

The performance increase compared to windows 8/8.1 is extremely noticeable.

And again, people are just joking about me.

Nah, its okay... its always the same... 

Question: Why want facebook eg access to my contactlist and the right to manage my messages? And whats with all the other rights? Do people actually read that or are they just clicking ok? It seems people here are forgetting about the FacebookApps, which are more popular than the desktop-page. You can  google that. When I would do it nobody would believe it anyway.  :giggle:

Question: If people would read the Windows10 licenseagreement, what they are not, they would see that they allow Microsoft to scan their PC and that they also allow them to delete data from it they dont like. privacy anyone? Also, you cant set Windows10-Updates to manually/disabled, they dont have a changelog and they dont come from Microsoft alone. Windows10-Updates come via P2P. From where do you know which update is whitch and if its an update at all and not malware coming from another PC via P2P?

But yeah, keep laughing at me... Somewhen you will notice that I was right. :)

But its still interesting that everyone went fully paranoid on WindowsXP, which has done nothing, but nobody is caring about Windows10.

... Maybe somewhen in the future people will even approve nuclearweapons :awesome:

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

And again, people are just joking about me.

Nah, its okay... its always the same... 

Question: Why want facebook eg access to my contactlist and the right to manage my messages? And whats with all the other rights? Do people actually read that or are they just clicking ok? It seems people here are forgetting about the FacebookApps, which are more popular than the desktop-page. You can  google that. When I would do it nobody would believe it anyway.  :giggle:

Question: If people would read the Windows10 licenseagreement, what they are not, they would see that they allow Microsoft to scan their PC and that they also allow them to delete data from it they dont like. privacy anyone? Also, you cant set Windows10-Updates to manually/disabled, they dont have a changelog and they dont come from Microsoft alone. Windows10-Updates come via P2P. From where do you which updatevis whitch and if its an update at all and not malware coming from another PC via P2P ?

But yeah, keep laughing at me... Somewhen you will notice that I was right. :)

But its still interesting that everyone went fully paranoid on WindowsXP, which has done nothing, but nobody is caring about Windows10.

... Maybe somewhen in the future people will even approve nuclearweapons :awesome:

Are you still using XP in fear that Microsoft is listening in on your conversations, spying on you and giving away your data?

• Like 1

Are you still using XP in fear that Microsoft is listening in on your conversations, spying on you and giving away your data?

Have no PC. Dont need one... But nice interpretation... Just because I have said that I find it funny everyone went completely paranoid on XP and that I also find it funny everyone is hyping 10 which actually IS questionable, doesnt mean I would use XP. Its 14years old doods. Also it is the unsafiest Windows of alle time because it was the first Windows "for the mass" and it lived really long. Linux anyone?

Interesting, the topic name is "Your opinions". But obviously Im not allowed to have one. People are laughing about my opinion instead of respecting it. I mean, Im respecting theirs too, or not? Have you ever seen me laughing about someones opinion?

And now Im hypersensible because I found an obviously unfair situation unfair. Cool, keep going guys.

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 2

Als interesting, the topic name is "Your opinions". But obviously Im not allowed to have one. People are laughing about my opinion instead of respecting it. I mean, Im respectingctheirs too, or not? Have you ever seen me laughing about someones opinion?

The last thing I would do, is to laugh at others opinions, as I know horrible it is. Everyone has a right to have an opinion, no matter how it is.

I believe what you say about Win 10 and it's creepy that Microsoft do things like that (can't people get some damn privacy anymore). As for facebook, I don't trust them at all. I was pissed when I found the facebook app preinstalled on my phone and there's no way to remove it... :(

Have no PC. Dont need one... But nice interpretation... Just because I have said that I find it funny everyone went completely paranoid on XP and that I also find it funny everyone is hyping 10 which actually IS questionable, doesnt mean I would use XP. Its 14years old doods. Also it is the unsafiest Windows of alle time because it was the first Windows "for the mass" and it lived really long. Linux anyone?

Interesting, the topic name is "Your opinions". But obviously Im not allowed to have one. People are laughing about my opinion instead of respecting it. I mean, Im respecting theirs too, or not? Have you ever seen me laughing about someones opinion?

And now Im hypersensible because I found an obviously unfair situation unfair. Cool, keep going guys.

I agree with you. I signed up for it but then I didn't download it when I heard about the privacy invasion. I just don't trust it. Especially after all the nonsense the NSA has been up to past years. I certainly wouldn't want it deleting my Keyscrambler because it "violated" their ToS/Eula. I didn't bank online or use Amazon for a very long time because I was worried about Identity Theft. The fact it updates P2P is unsettling. The fact that microsoft has gone out of the way to keep you from looking at your own "hidden" Windows folders, getting to the root apps, etc without having major amounts of pc knowledge to backdoor your way into your own pc also bothers me.

I remember having to take an older pc to a tech guy to get Norton and Nvidia uninstalled from the root because it was causing issues with my new video card and anti-virus at the time.  :wave:  Shove off microsoft, I'll stick with 8.1 for awhile. 

Edited by Not_like_therest