Your opinions on Windows 10?

ZeroXOF

I was just making fun of how everything needs to be connect in our world now. Like why do I need to post trophies from PS4 on my Facebook page? Things like that.

Wasn't directed at you at all Neputyunu, so I'm sorry if it sounded like that.

OT: I won't start looking at Windows 10 until the free upgrade is getting ready to expire. My 7 computer is working just fine atm.

If I download and isntall Windows 10, would it delete all the bloatware that came with my new laptop?

It should. All the bloatware is most likely included on your recovery disc that came with your desktop/laptop. Windows 10 will give you the options to "not keep anything" which was a fresh install for me. Everything from my previous installation was stored in a folder called "windows.old" if you still required files from your previous installation or you could just delete the folder.

• Like 2

If I download and isntall Windows 10, would it delete all the bloatware that came with my new laptop?

When you download W10, it will notify you that certain programs will be deleted as they not compatible. Most if not all pre-installed manufacturer programs will be completely deleted, if not I would think W10 would make it easier for you to delete them. 

Edited by ZeroXOF
  • Like 1

It should. All the bloatware is most likely included on your recovery disc that came with your desktop/laptop. Windows 10 will give you the options to "not keep anything" which was a fresh install for me. Everything from my previous installation was stored in a folder called "windows.old" if you still required files from your previous installation or you could just delete the folder.

Thank you for your answer. I bought the laptop just a few days ago so I don't have anything saved yet, I'll simply updgrade while I can :)

So far I like it. No usability complaints as of yet. There aren't too many changes to the interface and the integration of the traditional and Windows 8 start menus actually looks good. The new menu kind of reminds me of the Windows phone interface and a lot of the additional features require internet access to use.

Edited by merciful84