We need YOUR help to get the Servers back online!

Sinthoras_96

Hey guys,

in our Crysis community facebook group we obviously discussed the problem with PS3 servers not working. However, after ive read that the Bad Company Servers had been down too, but came online again after many people complained at the EA forums, we decided to try this methode for Crysis 2. 

So all you have to do is following this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Crysis-2/Crysis-2-Multiplayer-not-working/m-p/4696281#U4696281

After that you just need to click on the "me too" button, so EA can see that many people have this problem. However, feel free to  answer on the post, if you like. It will probably gain even more attention by that.

As it worked for Bad Company, we can only hope that it will also work for Crysis 2.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Oh and if you think "this is pointless, it wont work anyway, im wasting my time...." here is the link to the bad company thread. There you can see that EA did something, when enough people complained ;)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Resolved-Battlefield-Bad-Company-1-quot-No-Games-Available-quot/m-p/4675986#U4675986

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 4

BadCo 1 never went down.

BadCo 2 was moved before the shutdown.

Petitioning EA wont find a host to pay for server costs.

Go tell Crytec to host their game. 

EDIT: Oh and if you think "this is pointless, it wont work anyway, im wasting my time...." here is the link to the bad company thread. There you can see that EA did something, when enough people complained ;)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Resolved-Battlefield-Bad-Company-1-quot-No-Games-Available-quot/m-p/4675986#U4675986

That is clearly a recent server outage that has nothing to due with the Gamespy servers that were shutdown months ago.

That is the same thing that is happening with Crysis 2. It worked fine a week ago and recently there has been a server outage. I don't believe this has anything to do with Gamespy servers. That is why they shutdown the PC servers for Crysis 2 but the console versions have worked fine since then and there was no announcement of a server shutdown. Plus, the Xbox servers are still up and working, so this obviously wasn't planned.

The OP isn't talking about a petition to bring back some server that has been shutdown, simply trying to let EA know that the servers aren't working and asking for any feedback on whether they will fix them or shut them down for good. 

• Like 1

That is clearly a recent server outage that has nothing to due with the Gamespy servers that were shutdown months ago.

Well I dont know if you have any idea, what youre talking about o_O the gamespy shutdown was like 6+ months ago. So yeah youre right, when you say that the Bad Company servers hadnt anything to do with it. But its same with the Crysis 2 PS3 servers. They are down since 1 week. So tell me what has this to do with Gamespy? 

Im sorry to say this, but i believe they wont bring the servers up. Its EA :/ I have FIFA 14, they shutdown the servers and never came back after FIFA 15 came into shops.. I had to change my PS4 time to get access to get couple trophies. I even made straw poll with 500 guys saying they have the problem too, i contacted 10 EA game advisors, they said they will take look at it and they can do it its not big project, they said they will get it to work but never happened.

If i were in problem like you guys are, i would make private server for crysis 2 and go earn the damn trophies, but its bannable if you get caught. I have never done that but for sure i will do if i manage to get game with shutdown servers.

Edited by D4N11--

Im sorry to say this, but i believe they wont bring the servers up. Its EA :/ I have FIFA 14, they shutdown the servers and never came back after FIFA 15 came into shops.. I had to change my PS4 time to get access to get couple trophies. I even made straw poll with 500 guys saying they have the problem too, i contacted 10 EA game advisors, they said they will take look at it and they can do it its not big project, they said they will get it to work but never happened.

Well even if it wont work, nobody can say we didnt try :D As I said: It worked for Battlefield too and the fact, that neither BF nor Crysis was announced to be shutdown  and it happened to both in the same month, makes me  feel like something went wrong on the servers and it wasnt their intention. What I want to say: Its different to games like FIFA, which are shutted down every year.

They are down since 1 week. So tell me what has this to do with Gamespy? 

Your OP says nothing about the downtime being current.

I was not aware this game was even reactivated after GS closure. Since it's still listed on the closure lists.

If this is indeed the same problem that just happened to BadCo, it sounds like the servers ip leases have expired. They will be up again when and if EA re-lease the servers. Which I can bet will take at least 2 weeks. Which means they only need 1 person to harass them enough to get it done.

Count me in, no major effort required after all. This technical problem needs to be fixed for us who almost have the plat on our grasps :D.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

After an hour of talking with EA advisors I've got the next answer:

RZoSPqC.png

Let's hope that it's truth and servers will get fix soon.
But I was surprised that no one knew about this problem before. When there was a problem with Battlefield: Bad Company servers a month ago, they fixed it in a one week after report from players on Answer HQ.

• Like 3