Card Collector Trophy Unobtainable :(

I thought I was nearing the end of my collection when merchants/inkeeps/armourers etc etc stopped giving me random generated cards or even any prizes at all, so I cross checked my card collection at gwentcards.com using their checklist, turns out I have every single card including all of the duplicates which you supposedly don't need for this trophy.. and yet the trophy hasn't popped.

I went on the CD Projekt Red forums and so many people have the same issue, turns out the trophy is glitched if you achieve collecting all cards while playing on patch 1.07 :'( cry cry cry :c

They have said they are working on a patch for this, but I just hope the trophy pops automatically when it's fixed or i'm in trouble as I have no idea where or who I earned my last random card from, or if I even have a save from that point.

Hope this helps anybody with the same problem realise it's nothing they're doing wrong n_n Anybody else experiencing this problem? -_-  Or have you managed to get your trophy?  :wub:

• Like 1

This might help:

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/gwent-players-merchants/

Here you will find all of the map-marked locations of people that will play Gwent with you. I used this towards the end to win my last few randoms. Even if it doesn't help now, when they fix it, you could use it to go back and work out which ones you still need to play.

• Like 1

Just made the forum profile to answer this.

Yes, it is glitched, last trophy for the plat and after 3 hours wandering around and checking my cards over and over I gave up.

I actually installed the patch hours before getting the last card.  

Timing man...

• Like 1

Good news (I think), from the update 1.08 patch notes it appears as though they are making the trophy not unobtainable anymore! =D

• "Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement."
  • "Fixes an issue where Zoltan’s card was unobtainable"
Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

This might help:

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/gwent-players-merchants/

Here you will find all of the map-marked locations of people that will play Gwent with you. I used this towards the end to win my last few randoms. Even if it doesn't help now, when they fix it, you could use it to go back and work out which ones you still need to play.

That's a really great resource for gwent O: thank you n_n

Just made the forum profile to answer this.

Yes, it is glitched, last trophy for the plat and after 3 hours wandering around and checking my cards over and over I gave up.

I actually installed the patch hours before getting the last card.  

Timing man...

At least now a patch is coming out :DDD yayayay.. yay *ahem* ¬_¬ c:

Good news (I think), from the update 1.08 patch notes it appears as though they are making the trophy not unobtainable anymore! =D

• "Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement."
  • "Fixes an issue where Zoltan’s card was unobtainable"

OMG YESS! Hope it comes out soon, thanks for the info, you are my favourite kind of mango!!  :awesome:

• Like 2

I don't have this game, but I'm glad they're patching it (and quickly too, from the looks of things).  Some devs these days would just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next game, requiring an offline playthrough on an earlier version to pop the trophy.  Hopefully the trophy pops instantly for everyone affected.

• Like 1