US games on a UK PS3?

christine_uk

Firstly apologies if this is covered somewhere else!

I just bought The Darkness II Limited Edition from Amazon (for a bargain £3.95!) however when I received it, it is actually a USA copy stating Region 1 on the side. Will this game still play ok?

Thanks in advance! 

What about game code vouchers? Do they work in a different region?

I bought Journey collector's edition from the US before any mention of an EU release in fear of that it would soon disappear from the gaming realm forever. I have still not had time to play it. I hear their is a voucher inside which you need to redeem in order to access some of it's content, since it's download stuff I guess. Will this work?

The thing is, the game is still factory sealed, and I don't want to open it to find out. If it doesn't work, I will sell it, and thus get a higher price for it.

I'd imagine since vouchers are something you download (DLC)...it's going to be the same as store DLC.

Edit: I just checked my "collectors edition" (In quotations because...is there any other version? lol) and the DLC code is simply for "24 avatars from Journey and Flower". Not anything that effects the game itself.

Edit #2: It states on the DLC sheet that it's only for residents of the US and Canada

Edited by Floorkiller74

I'd imagine since vouchers are something you download (DLC)...it's going to be the same as store DLC.

Edit: I just checked my "collectors edition" (In quotations because...is there any other version? lol) and the DLC code is simply for "24 avatars from Journey and Flower". Not anything that effects the game itself.

Edit #2: It states on the DLC sheet that it's only for residents of the US and Canada

Do you know if that is usable on other profiles too? Like if I redeem those avatars with a US account, can I use them on my main EU account? Or are avatars locked to the account they are for?

I know games cane be played by other profiles on the same machine, as long as the original profile is active. Does it work the same with avatars?

Hehe, yeah agreed about editions :D

Edited by Guenter_G