• On a big HDTV, in 4:3
    • On a smaller HDTV (under 27'')
    • I keep an old CRT TV for that purpose
    • I buy remastered/digital versions of my favorites
    • I have a backwards-compatible console
    • I use PS Now
    • Other
    • I only play newer games

Older games are a bit of a problem to display perfectly these days. Either you keep an older TV and a lot of old consoles around or you make do some other way.

Personally, I'd love to keep both my 32'' HDTV to play the newer games and my old CRT to play the older ones, but since space is kind of a problem in my house, I had to choose to keep just the HDTV and store the CRT at my grandma's place, waiting for the day I get my own place and have space for both. So I've got no choice but to play my older games on my HDTV, in 4:3. It's not too bad and you generally don't even notice it too much, but the graphics get a bit jagged in some wide-angle scenes, which really detracts from the experience.

What about you guys? How do you make do?

Edited by jrdemr

I have my older systems hooked up to 32" Sony Trinitron CRT televisions. The good thing is I didn't have to pay a single cent for the tv's, I just went on Craigslist and searched for them, most people are just looking to get them out of the way so a simple offer to pick it up for them (the things are damn heavy) was all that was needed to get three perfect condition televisions.

Parker

• Like 3

I play my PS1 and PS2 games on my 32" TV since it's the only TV I have after my 22" monitor decided to introduce me with a permanent horizontal line in the middle of my screen.  :rolleyes:

As for PSP games I still use my old PSP 3000, but I shifted my downloaded PS1 classics over to the Vita.

Unfortunately, I don't have my SDTV anymore since I have PS1, PS2, GameCube, Wii, etc and all these console systems works perfectly on SDTV. So, they are completely useless for now. I have a lot of oldest games. I'm thinking, like maybe one day I'd get my SDTV some day. To answer your question, I buy PS1 and PS2 classic from PS network store and remaster version of the oldest games, like Resident Evil 1. 

13" Trinitron and original consoles. It's small enough I don't have to deal with complaints about keeping massive amounts of junk and light enough I don't have to dead lift a 150 pound tv like Parker does. Yes I'm jealous of his 32" trinitron, but I'll survive with what I have.

• Like 3

13" Trinitron and original consoles. It's small enough I don't have to deal with complaints about keeping massive amounts of junk and light enough I don't have to dead lift a 150 pound tv like Parker does. Yes I'm jealous of his 32" trinitron, but I'll survive with what I have.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/zip/5148618030.html

It is free, come pick it up! May be a bit of a drive for you though...  :lol:

Parker

I play on a 32 inch LG, With the dreamcast I use VGA, with the PS2 I use component and I have one of those HDTV boot discs. For the Sega Saturn I have a Scart cable modified to component. If I ever use the N64, I have a U.S console and component. All consoles from the PS3 and newer gens are HDMI, one reason to Own a Wii U since the Wii was only component.

I still have all my old school systems. I cannot part with them. I even still have the original box for my SNES when I got it brand new at 5 years old. My newer consoles I play on my 60" plasma but in my media room I also have a 27" old school tube tv that I have my SNES, NES, and Sega Genesis hooked up to. Pretty much every room in my house that has a TV has some sort of console hooked up to it. I still have my NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, Sega Saturn and Original Xbox. I love my toys.

• Like 1

TV- Only have an HDTV, so that's the TV I use for all (console) games.

Games- Mostly, I take advantage of the remasters (Jak and Daxter Collection, Sonic Adventure 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Collection, etc), so that's how I play older games; however, if I wanted to, I could easily hook up my stored Gamecube and PS2 (which includes PS1 since it's backwards comp-), and Wii U (which includes Wii games because of BWC or BC), to play my older games in their original form.

I don't have my ps2 or 1 they are in he loft at my parents. My PS3 is still hooked up with my 4. Usually use a monitor with my TV as a second screen if I want to self boost or watch a film while playing

Games wise I'd prob just get a remaster for the trophies and improved graphics tbh.

I generally also use my spare ps4 controller on PS3 since most games allow it

Edited by Anturak

http://louisville.craigslist.org/zip/5148618030.html

It is free, come pick it up! May be a bit of a drive for you though...  :lol:

Parker

If I could deal with getting yelled at for it, I would go snatch this 34" Sony Trinitron Wide screen CRT, and it's much closer to me than KY!

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/5123424038.html