Avatar of Battle's Arcane Objects Bin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated: New platinum, new favorite image, and a new passage below my introduction giving credit where it needs to go.

Enjoy holding the down arrow while looking in the bin. :awesome:

Also? I had to replace the hourglass images I used. Whoever had the link they were on replaced it with freakin mickey mouse on a clock lmfao. :facepalm:

Updated with newest platinum and a backstory on it. :awesome:

So this platinum, from naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 2, as far as I was concerned was unattainable. I despise online gameplay and I'm not a fan of fighting games. I bought the 3 naruto games I own(ed) because a friend knew I had read the series until its end. (waste of freakin time that was)

However, I saw that my local gamestop had a copy after months had gone by since I sold mine. I figured why the hell not? Worst case scenario I return it within a week.

I saw a member in my friends list, 

and thought well we need the same 2-3 trophies for the plat I'll ask if he wants to give the online matches a shot if he still owned the game. Why is this significant? Because I don't boost. As stated I hate online gameplay. I took a leap of faith any Assassin would be proud of. He agreed but warned me ahead of time that his connection was not that great and is the reason why he never platted the game. I figured it wouldn't be so bad anyways since this game's online is atrocious. There is a 3 second lag between what you tell your character to do and when they perform it. Not to mention the many cheap ass fighters (even the ones who have over 1000 fights logged in) who continually sniped the sessions I made.

At this point I decided...instead of my sessions being set up where anyone online can see that my connection is good...why not have my partner set them up? And well...it worked. The community FEARED the lack of bars and left him alone. :giggle: So in 5 hours we boosted almost 100 fights all of which froze every 2-3 seconds so that data could be transmitted. :D

And yes in my trophy list I shortened the name of the game because it is ugly as sin. 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

At this point I decided...instead of my sessions being set up where anyone online can see that my connection is good...why not have my partner set them up? And well...it worked. The community FEARED the lack of bars and left him alone. :giggle: So in 5 hours we boosted almost 100 fights all of which froze every 2-3 seconds so that data could be transmitted. :D

Fear my slow internet! I felt like I had the plague or something. lol1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512

• Like 1

Congratulations on your newest platinum  :wave:

I never had a chance with Spec Ops since we beggin didn't I ?   :P

Thanks.

Of course you stood a chance. There were some parts I almost dropped the game it was just that I had nothing else to do since I'm up at night again and not the day.

lol knowing I was in a race was more suspenseful than the game was. xD

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/01/2017 at 3:35 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Well, last post was for the last milestone before 100 and this post for the home stretch! :D 

Things were added and taken away with the site update. The spoiler tags squish things together more than the old site so the zigzag pattern pops out a bit more.

It's not my personal, favourite layout. But it's alright. ^^ That site update practically destroyed my old checklist. ^^; You've got a very respectable plat collection, only one I could see, that I heard was bad, was Risen 2.

• Like 1

Just now, James_Tonto said:

It's not my personal, favourite layout. But it's alright. ^^ That site update practically destroyed my old checklist. ^^; You've got a very respectable plat collection, only one I could see, that I heard was bad, was Risen 2.

lol I'm really not a creative person. :P I've been told before that rating games and giving thoughts to them is something people like but I have a really crap memory and don't remember a great portion of them other than whether I like the game or not. Yeah the update decimated the images so I had to remove the part where I had my favorite trophy image from all the games on my list, not just plats, but I can't be bothered to go through them all again and paste them. If I do I will just paste the images and not say which game they came from or name them. I had a bigger backlog/checklist section too. (I suppose that actually wouldn't be difficult to get back either by going through my list from a specific point in time.)

As for Risen 2, I can see why people really didn't like it. The graphics were bad, noticeable frame rate issues, and overall just a clunky game. I really enjoyed it though for some reason lol. I didn't seem to encounter any real combat glitches or any glitches really. The only 2 problems were setting up the saves slots so that you could pop a trophy, reload the save to reallocate your skill points and pop another trophy, rinse and repeat. Also, the trophy for 2000 monster kills...no way to track it and the farming methods are terrible due to lack of any real info on how it can work and the minor amount of monsters to kill in each spot. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up on PS+ and dropped by a good 4% in rarity here. 

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

100-posts.jpg

Finally reached plat 100! Figured if the first plat was a grindy hack n slash on the ps3, plat 100 might as well be. :P 

I did the exact same thing for #100. Picked the grindiest game I could find xD 

Congrats on the milestone!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Damn, a little over 2 years to get the next 50 platinums. I know I was hindered a lot from multiple surgeries and other life events, but I wonder if I'll ever hit 200. :hmm: it doesn't seem like I've got an interest in that many more games, and even less I can actually plat, unless I can somehow buy some of the Artifex Mundi games I'm interested on sale. (Not my genre really but I do like the atmosphere in a lot of them)

lol here's to my next post at 200. :P Maybe it'll be a PS5 game? :o 

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:42 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Damn, a little over 2 years to get the next 50 platinums. I know I was hindered a lot from multiple surgeries and other life events, but I wonder if I'll ever hit 200. :hmm: it doesn't seem like I've got an interest in that many more games, and even less I can actually plat, unless I can somehow buy some of the Artifex Mundi games I'm interested on sale. (Not my genre really but I do like the atmosphere in a lot of them)

lol here's to my next post at 200. :P Maybe it'll be a PS5 game? :o 

Turns out I had enough interest to hit 200. However, and yeah I said it before, I don't think there's enough I'm interested in to make 300. Lost my taste for some genres and the hobby in general.

Wasn't an active checklist anyways so after 200 I might not update it anymore. Here's to hoping 200 can come soon. Have some in mind just either waiting for a fix in one of them, and the other will take some work so if game 1 isn't fixed by the time game 2 is ready I might just go ahead and pop it.