Mighty No. 9 Delayed Until 2016

Venocide

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/31/mighty-no.-9-will-not-release-in-2015.aspx

Game Informer has received additional information about the quiet delay of Mighty No. 9, with further substantiation that it will miss its September 15 release. The game does not have a new release date, but the most recent information reaffirms that retailer listings of 2016 are accurate.

GameStop (Disclosure: GameStop is Game Informer’s parent company) tells us on background that notification of delays such as this one are initiated by the publisher. This includes placeholder dates that are put in place when a game is first listed or, in this case, delayed. This indicates that the 2016 placeholder was driven by Deep Silver and Comcept, both of whom we've reached out to for comment. 

Deep Silver declined to comment on the matter and Comcept did not return our request for a statement by publication. We’ll update should either get back to us.

Comcept is currently in the final days of the Red Ash Kickstarter. The campaign is over $300,000 away from funding, with backers canceling pledges yesterday after an announcement that Chinese company Fuze will fund development.

This morning, Comcept repurposed the $800,000 Kickstarter as “stretch” goals to add to the core game. These include another playable character, a mini-game triggered after the main story, and a combat-focused dungeon.

Mighty No. 9 was promised for delivery in April 2015 during the Kickstarter campaign. The title is planned for 10 platforms: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Vita, 3DS, PC, Mac, and Linux.

I am happy to hear some people pulled out of their newest Kickstarter when they revealed they had a publisher and wouldn't say what the money would go towards now. Looks like they shot themselves in the foot one too many times.

A lot of stuff about this has left a bad taste in my mouth. They're VERY lucky Kickstarter doesn't make them do refunds!

Edited by ShadowStar83x

From what a few friends have experienced firsthand, I have no problem with waiting. I've done it all my life, and I'll continue to do it; my pre-order won't go anywhere.

However, as far as the RED ASH Kickstarter is concerned, I'm not too sure I feel proud supporting the overall product at launch, no matter how much I loved the Mega Man Legends series. 
Consider me a hypocrite for having conflicting attitudes between the two projects, but I just don't appreciate the practices involved with the latter, just as I don't appreciate the practices involved with the Shenmue III Kickstarter -- and why I'm not getting that game.

My hype is almost entirely gone at this point. I played the beta, and it was incredibly rough, especially in the way it looked, but I forgave it, because it was just the beta. However, from what I've seen since, it doesn't look any different. Then there was the bullshit where they offered that limited collector's edition, which backers didn't ever have the option of getting. And now this. I was really excited for this game when the kickstarter was up, as I've been a Mega Man fan my entire life, but it's really starting to look like it's going to be a cheaply made game that they threw together to cash in on Mega Man nostalgia.

• Like 2

I personally find it difficult to believe that the guy behind Mega Man, Soul Sacrifice, and a bunch of other games couldn't find a company to back him while allowing creative control and had to reach out to the Internet for funding. So it should tell you something about the quality of the project or the working principles of the group behind it. Which is why I don't back Kickstarters from established game developers.