Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redgrave

S Ranking DMD

13 posts in this topic

So I'm having a hard time getting S Ranks for DMD. The most I can get is an A as both Nero and Vergil. I decided to go with Vergil since he's faster than Nero and I feel his weapon switching is better compared to Dante's. I would go with Lady and Trish but I just don't like the way Trish plays.

Like 1 and 3, apparently cancelling is the best thing you can do, but I have no idea how to do it and I can't find any videos on it save for the Judgement Cut cancelling, but I'm having a hard time getting the timing down on that. Jump cancelling is supposed to still be a thing, as I've seen people do something where they are able to beat both Dante fights easily. But yeah, I'm stumped. I feel like there's some kind of trick I don't know about to make it doable. I can get the combo variety alright but admittedly I do have a hard time not being repetitive with the same ones I know how to do which I feel like doesn't help get my Stylish ranking as much as I would like it to be.

Any tips would be appreciated. And I guess this thread can be about S Ranking with the other characters since not everyone is going to be up for doing it as Vergil. Let's get motivated!

Edit: Found a really good tutorial video for Vergil.

Edit 2: For anyone needing help with Trish's missions, here's a neat trick you can do with her that involves cancelling that's pretty simple.

Basically just jump in the air and hit Forward + :square:  while locked on the enemy, then let go of square, pull Back + :square:  and repeat until you get more DT but don't let go of :r1:  or whatever you have set as your lock-on. From what I understand Trish gets her DT faster. Careful when using it against Frosts though, since they don't get knocked back. I'm sure it will also be tougher to use against the Mephistos and Fausts since they float around.

Edited by Tony Redgrave

Try using Lady and Trish. Using them seems to be way easier to get S ranks than with anyone else. Just use Lady's bazooka charge shot with varying levels of charge, and you'll have an almost constant SSS combo rating, and then Trish's round trip+basic attack to get easy S ranks as well. I got tons of S ranks without even trying on SoS and Legendary Dark Knight mode. I never cared to break the objects to get enough orbs to get an overall S though lol.

Just used Vergil on Bloody Palace 1 or 2 times, so i can't help you. But i'm getting S ranks consistently with Nero/Dante. With Nero, you just need to make use of EXceed, with Dante, i do whatever the hell i want with weak enemies and kill the strong ones with the uppercut trick (forgot the name).

Try using Lady and Trish. Using them seems to be way easier to get S ranks than with anyone else. Just use Lady's bazooka charge shot with varying levels of charge, and you'll have an almost constant SSS combo rating, and then Trish's round trip+basic attack to get easy S ranks as well. I got tons of S ranks without even trying on SoS and Legendary Dark Knight mode. I never cared to break the objects to get enough orbs to get an overall S though lol.

Like I said, I would like to use Lady and Trish but I don't like the way Trish plays. She feels nerfed from DMC2. Her Round trip is definitely better than Vergil and Dante's though. I suppose I could give it a try later or tomorrow.

Just used Vergil on Bloody Palace 1 or 2 times, so i can't help you. But i'm getting S ranks consistently with Nero/Dante. With Nero, you just need to make use of EXceed, with Dante, i do whatever the hell i want with weak enemies and kill the strong ones with the uppercut trick (forgot the name).

Yeah the Exceed thing is something important but it's best if you get it to level three, and I have a hard time doing that on DMD especially against the bosses. I know there's that one move where you attack and then hit L2 and it automatically brings it up to three bars but I can only ever get one bar no matter how much I try to do it. I know what uppercut move you mean with Dante. Vergil is supposed to have it too, and I think it's even slightly stronger.

Edit: Okay, so I decided to use Lady and I really underestimated her for some reason. I got an S first time on Mission 1 and I would have gotten an S on Mission 2 if it weren't for the stupid Orb Ranking thing. I had an S in both Time and Stylish otherwise.

Edited by Tony Redgrave

Used her on Bloody palace (5 mins ago) and she is really OP. But i want to finish all modes with Nero/Dante to complete the ranking board :(

Used her on Bloody palace (5 mins ago) and she is really OP. But i want to finish all modes with Nero/Dante to complete the ranking board :(

For Nero I've heard switching the fire button with R2 works better so you have an easier time charging your shots and using your sword. It's taking me some getting used to but I feel like it helps.

For Nero I've heard switching the fire button with R2 works better so you have an easier time charging your shots and using your sword. It's taking me some getting used to but I feel like it helps.

Yep, my DT is on square and the gun is L1, much better that way.

I feel I should also ask if anyone knows that the Red Orb statues count towards your Orb Ranking? I read that they really don't but I feel like they do count.

I feel I should also ask if anyone knows that the Red Orb statues count towards your Orb Ranking? I read that they really don't but I feel like they do count.

Can confirm they don't count. I'm 100% sure.

Can confirm they don't count. I'm 100% sure.

That's really odd. It would make sense if they did. Oh well, it saves some time by not breaking them.

Bump.

Instead of making a new thread I just have a question. Do S ranks stack? As in, can I S rank mission 1-11 with Lady on a certain difficulty and do 11-20 with Dante/Nero? Will that work?

22 hours ago, BakkerJ said:

Bump.

Instead of making a new thread I just have a question. Do S ranks stack? As in, can I S rank mission 1-11 with Lady on a certain difficulty and do 11-20 with Dante/Nero? Will that work?

No that doesnt work, you have to decide between Lady/Trish or Dante/Nero :) 

If you want to enjoy the game play with Nero/Dante, but if you only care for the Trophies play as Lady/Trish, that way you'll also get more "experienced" when you have to do BP as them. 

36 minutes ago, xDLloyd091x said:

No that doesnt work, you have to decide between Lady/Trish or Dante/Nero :) 

If you want to enjoy the game play with Nero/Dante, but if you only care for the Trophies play as Lady/Trish, that way you'll also get more "experienced" when you have to do BP as them. 

Thanks!