Hard times

GSX1400MICK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

What’s with the timer towards the end of the race, it counts down and the race ends??? I was 2 laps from finishing at Monaco and the race just stopped after a 5 min count, WTF!!!! I wasn’t even lapped, I made sure to keep them behind me

4th time lucky it finally popped, I skipped all the way to Italy and went from practice through to the end of the race without pausing the game, no saving etc, you can receive penalties,  I got 1 penalty and finished +3 so that kills the theory of a clean race and completing every lap, I think it’s just luck of the draw imo, sometime you’ll just get lucky, but a lot of people have had luck in Italy with the trophy so maybe that’s where it’s best tried if anyone else has trouble

• 7 months later...
On 08/06/2019 at 11:50 PM, Shmeefly said:

4th time lucky it finally popped, I skipped all the way to Italy and went from practice through to the end of the race without pausing the game, no saving etc, you can receive penalties,  I got 1 penalty and finished +3 so that kills the theory of a clean race and completing every lap, I think it’s just luck of the draw imo, sometime you’ll just get lucky, but a lot of people have had luck in Italy with the trophy so maybe that’s where it’s best tried if anyone else has trouble

Yep he's bang on the money there   After 4 years thought i'd try again   in fact  I didn't even do anything in in practice and qualy  just speed up the timer and let it     run   to the end     no pause,  save,  and quit out to dash.  I finished 10 laps down  i'd say  the hardest thing  is to  not get wipeout  by the fast guys  

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

For anyone still going for this trophy, as mentioned above just skip to Italy,skip every session(except from qualifying maybe but that's up to you, it makes no difference) and then go to the race.

Once you start the race make sure to not pause at any time just to be safe and go on with your own race while driving carefully so as to avoid retiring. If you follow these rules the trophy is more than likely going to pop:)

NOTE:DO NOT DO A MID SESSION SAVE AS IT VOIDS THE TROPHY I BELIEVE(I did a mid session save in Monaco because I had a job and when I finished the race later I got no trophy for completing the race).

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Unlocked this in Malaysia in 2014 season (second race, I believe) in the 1.00 version (disc). Took me 98+ minutes. I let the other racers pass me every chance with the blue flag up. Also changed my setup to the one posted around here (I’ll update the post with it) and used lean fuel mix (down on dpad, fuel, lean #1, I usually fill up a considerable amount of fuel so I don’t need as many pit stops, this makes your car really heavy though) and used the 3 max pit stops and didn’t press pause (not sure if that does anything but I didn’t use it anyway heh). Good luck, racers! Hope this helps!!

used the setup in this thread:

Edited by Dreadnought190