Has there ever been any Trophies or Games that have made you doubt the point to achieve or complete it?

JONNY-1992-_-

Has any Trophies or Games been so hard for you to achieve or complete that you thought it wasn't worth the time or work to do it?

I'm not really a big Trophy collector so I don't really have an example for that but there have been a few Games which I have played that has made me feel like it wasn't worth the time or work to finish.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 is one example for me because it becomes so repetitive after a while but I did manage to finish it.

This happens to me all the time. Some notable examples include: 

• Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
  • all of the Batman games
  • Dead or Alive 5 Plus
  • Arcana Heart 3
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • all of the Ninja Gaiden games
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Metal Gear Solid 4

I generally decide if a game is worth platting after beating it. I occasionally go back and end up getting it anyway, but it's pretty rare. I generally don't mind grinding, but having to put my full attention into a game is generally when I decide against going for the plat. Because I like to watch TV and play games at the same time, and I get way behind on shows if I just play games.

• Like 1

10,000 kills in Resistance 2. A few times I asked myself if it was worth the time but I thought 'well I've made it this far, might as well finish this'. Looking back was it worth it? No, not really.

My interest in gaming and trophies is on the decline the past few months, so when I think about just finishing the story of Sleeping Dogs or starting Lords of The Fallen, I do something else. Not getting the same buzz from games that I used to. 

Surgeon Simulator. 

I haven't really found the game to be extremely difficult (admittedly I didn't get so far so I'm sure the hard stuff comes in later). My issue with it is that I just don't like the game. I don't mind something challenging, or grindy but I won't spend my time playing something that I don't enjoy. 

Surgeon Simulator. 

I haven't really found the game to be extremely difficult (admittedly I didn't get so far so I'm sure the hard stuff comes in later). My issue with it is that I just don't like the game. I don't mind something challenging, or grindy but I won't spend my time playing something that I don't enjoy. 

I belieb in u... bwro. Get the platinum

You know I'm here if you need me  B)

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

Character challenge trophies in Persona 4 Arena and P4A Ultimax. Once I get to challenge 20 or some number near that with any character, I'm done. At that point, I'm just repeatedly failing the same part of a combo for at least 30 minutes before I move on to the next part and fail that part for another 30 minutes.

Babel challenges in Catherine. I'm not that good at the game. I got most of the Gold Prizes in Hard Mode with the help of guides, but the randomly generated puzzles destroy me.

Hard Mode Time Attack in Shadow of the Colossus. Wander just can't stay balanced long enough between shakes for me to charge a stab so that it does any damage.

Absolutely. There's challenging trophies and then there's ones that are absolutely absurd. There's nothing wrong with a challenge, but video games are entertainment. They aren't supposed to be a chore. Some of these games have unrealistic expectations of people lol. 

Edited by Lilseb93
  • Like 1

Any game that requires more than one playthrough to get the platinum. I hate replaying games. It has to be something really really special to make me replay the whole game. I love The Last of Us for instance, but I simply can't replay it one more time, not for a few years at least.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I hate online trophies by default, but these were particularly insane. And the servers were so glitchy, I'd just made my peace with not ever being able to platinum the game. That's when I found out the site's gaming sessions feature and was finally able to do it. (Good riddance!)

Catherine. Since it depends a lot on skill, I thought I'd never get it. Turns out it's doable and doesn't even take that long (with loads of help from YouTube, of course). But even then, those final gold medals on hard... whoo-ee.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. This game's a total attention whore. The RNG could be just a little bit more lenient (not to mention thought out), but nooo, you're gonna spend 10X more time than you should trying to get everything. Hadn't I dipped into my surprisingly deep patience reserves, I never would've platinumed this game.

Character challenge trophies in Persona 4 Arena and P4A Ultimax. Once I get to challenge 20 or some number near that with any character, I'm done. At that point, I'm just repeatedly failing the same part of a combo for at least 30 minutes before I move on to the next part and fail that part for another 30 minutes.

I'm going to play Ultimax in a few months and I'm already dreading its difficulty. Sounds like Catherine will lose its place as my #1 most difficult game I've ever played.

Babel challenges in Catherine. I'm not that good at the game. I got most of the Gold Prizes in Hard Mode with the help of guides, but the randomly generated puzzles destroy me.

Try doing Babel in 2-player mode. It's about 10X easier, even if you just control the 2nd player yourself. That's how 99% of all Platinum achievers did it.

Edited by jrdemr

I never thought I'd complete Don't Starve. After struggling so much in sandbox, I think I had one half-assed attempt at Adventure mode before I decided I wouldn't be able to do it. People also made unlocking Wes sound much rarer than it was, which put me off further.

It took a year and a half before I got so sick of seeing it incomplete that I finally decided to give it a proper try. Wasn't so bad in the end, although I did kind of cheat it by backing up my save file every few minutes.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope....i already know i will never get that platinum cus of  the battle trophies and item creation, but there's something in me that's telling me to keep on playing it and atleast get a good % trophy on the game

Try doing Babel in 2-player mode. It's about 10X easier, even if you just control the 2nd player yourself. That's how 99% of all Platinum achievers did it.

How easy is it to do it solo with 2 controllers? Am I better off getting a friend who has never played the game before?

How easy is it to do it solo with 2 controllers? Am I better off getting a friend who has never played the game before?

No, they'll probably hinder you more than help you. It's pretty easy, the game gives you enough time to play both by yourself. That's how I got the platinum, and I'm a mid-low tier gamer.