Quest for Platinum

I've recently been playing a lot of Kingdoms of Amalur, and I decided to go for Platinum after I discovered that you could just create a save, unbind your destiny and max out Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Sagecrafting/whatever, and then load when you're done. I currently have already done this with Blacksmithing, Sagecrafting, and Alchemy...I need to load the save file I made where I'm maxed out on stealth to get 40Sd6ecb5.png Where's My Wallet?

Pickpocketed 20 times. 40-bronze.png

19.31%

Rare

33S880cea.png They Never Saw it Coming

Backstabbed 20 enemies.

40-bronze.png

38.56%

Uncommon

Other than that, I've been meaning to do these

18S09d4fd.png Foiled Again!

Parried 100 times. 40-bronze.png

26.01%

Uncommon

1 Tip 19S4e2852.png Trapper

Killed 25 enemies with traps. 40-bronze.png

21.04%

Uncommon

1 Tip 20Sf23d04.png Riposte!

Landed 25 special attacks out of Parry. 40-bronze.png

22.95%

Uncommon

22Sb305d5.png Shock and Awe

Killed 100 enemies with abilities. 40-bronze.png

40.57%

Uncommon 23S2e8503.png And Then There Were None

Killed 500 enemies with abilities. 40-bronze.png

22.22%

Uncommon

but I just havent seen the need to. I haven't used any abilities until recently because frankly, it's all been easy so far (I've been playing on Normal, which I recently changed to Easy so I don't have to repair as often, cause that was killing me)

I obviously haven't gotten the trophy for beating it on Hard, as I haven't even beaten the game yet, but does anyone know if you can just change the difficulty to Hard for the final boss battle and still get it?

I haven't joined any guilds except Warsworn (who I betrayed and killed everyone, it was great fun), and the House of the Ballads (which had an easy as hell final boss). I hear Scholia Arcana is in Ysa, but I can't find the person I'm supposed to talk to for that. As for House of Sorrows, I haven't gone outside of Mel Seshir, as I just did the last quest I need to unlock the gate. I have the beginning Travelers quest, but I can't get the guy's medallion. It says to steal it while he's asleep, but he never goes to sleep in my game. Do I need to actually wait until night (PS3 clock-related?)?

I have both of the DLCs, and will likely be going for all of the trophies in both of them for a full 100%. This will be the first platinum that will be 100% even with DLC, as my other platinums don't have DLC, and the other games I've 100%ed don't have platinums (PSN games)

So...yeah...I guess any tips or comments or anything you might want to share about the platinum experience in KoA?

Wow, I had no idea most of the DLC trophies were Ultra Rare. Cool. Now I have 2 Ultra Rare trophies.

52Sceb472.png Message in a Bottle

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Ultra Rare: 2.57%10 hours ago 55S351785.png Manic Pixie Dream Elf

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Ultra Rare: 4.33%11 hours ago

I picked up

22Sb305d5.png Shock and Awe

Killed 100 enemies with abilities.

8th Jun 2012 at 10:47:00 PM 40-bronze.png

40.55%

Uncommon

40Sd6ecb5.png Where's My Wallet?

Pickpocketed 20 times.

8th Jun 2012 at 9:58:07 PM 40-bronze.png

19.29%

Rare

and

19S4e2852.png Trapper

Killed 25 enemies with traps.

8th Jun 2012 at 10:05:37 PM 40-bronze.png

21.09%

Uncommon

as well

Today, I beat the House of Sorrows and narrowed down my remaining trophies to 9. I just have to beat the Travelers Guild (should be a piece of cake, I'm just lazy and don't want to respec for smoke bomb till I beat the game), beat Scholia Arcana (easy), beat the game (easy), beat the game on Hard (I'm guessing this won't be TOO bad), find all the Lorestones (easy, I've already got a ton of em), backstab 20 enemies (easy), get 10 of each reagent (easy now that my alchemy's maxed), kill 500 enemies with abilitis (easy, just a pain), and then I get Platinum.

Man, this really is an amazing game. I love the combat, and the quests are all fairly enjoyable to do, especially the guilds. Maybe it's just because I loved Oblivion, but I'm probably enjoying annihilating everything I come across more than I should. It all seems to easy now...I haven't even needed to use my Reckoning/Fate since I started on Klurikon.

• 2 weeks later...

Only trophy I need is the one to beat the game on Hard. Even though this game doesn't let you take the easy way out and give you the trophy if you just switch to Hard at the final boss, I am pretty confident that I will have a pretty easy time, since I managed to beat the final boss on Hard with all my armor broken.

I believe I just have one actual quest (not counting tasks, I don't count those, because most of those seem infinite), and it's that one sewer run quest in the Teeth of Naros DLC. I was doing just fine, but the camera went crazy when I landed a jump, and that caused me to get disoriented. Annoying. I hate these types of quests.

So...The total number of quests that I have completed comes out to 217 or 218. Can anyone verify that this is all of the completable quests? I looked on Amalur's wikipedia page, but that lists a lot of the tasks as quests, which I don't understand, since a lot of them don't seem completable.

• 4 weeks later...

You should not be running out of money repairing your stuff. There is so much money in the game. NEVER use the merchants to repair armor it costs too much. Buy repair kits or find them, and just let your armor get low and repair before it breaks. You will save so much money.

Also, you did not have to respec for smoke bomb. Just make a few Fate potions of invisibility, and you can steal your 20 items without even doing anything, easy peasy.

Edited by Xx_Weasle_xX

Only trophy I need is the one to beat the game on Hard. Even though this game doesn't let you take the easy way out and give you the trophy if you just switch to Hard at the final boss, I am pretty confident that I will have a pretty easy time, since I managed to beat the final boss on Hard with all my armor broken.

Are there any games that let you switch difficulty at the very end and still let you get the trophy for the harder difficulty?

• 2 weeks later...

You should not be running out of money repairing your stuff. There is so much money in the game. NEVER use the merchants to repair armor it costs too much. Buy repair kits or find them, and just let your armor get low and repair before it breaks. You will save so much money.

Also, you did not have to respec for smoke bomb. Just make a few Fate potions of invisibility, and you can steal your 20 items without even doing anything, easy peasy.

Money has never been an issue for me in this game. I've got over 2.5 million in gold at the moment.

Are there any games that let you switch difficulty at the very end and still let you get the trophy for the harder difficulty?

Resistance 2 has a glitch like this where if you play the last checkpoint on the hardest difficulty, you'll get the trophy.

Yeah, that's probably why, I never used repair kits. Glad I saw this before I started my Hard run.

• 8 months later...

I'm about 115 hours in, explored every area of the map and done almost all sidequests. Just need to fight an enemy 4 levels higher than me (might need to start over. Ugh.) and then the platinum is mine. Really enjoyed the game for its gameplay and art direction, even if it was far too easy.

Might pick up the DLC if they ever drop the price; I'm not paying £16 for two expansion packs.

Edited by Jon_Bright
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I started playing this again and im a bit stuck to say the least, ok here it is, im in the first dungeon that you come to in the main quest line, Into the Light is the quest name I think ( actually thought I was further than this haha) anyway I've come to something of a mini boss, I have about 10% health and not potions whatsoever, its on hard so if I take even one hit Iwill die (I stupidly saved it here)

So I have a couple of questions

1. Can I exit the dungeon and head towards the nearest town to get more potions?

2. If I can exit dungeons will enemies respawn while im gone.

And does anyone have any tips on what abilities or builds work best, im not struggling it is a bit of a challenge to do some significant damage to enemies at the moment.

• 1 year later...

It's rare for two reasons:

(1) The Platinum can be a bit grindy -- the two rarest non-DLC trophies other than the Platinum requires one to harvest 10 of every reagent (one of which can be very hard to find) and to find every single Lorestone.  After going through the entire game and how grindy it can see at times (especially if you do sidequests), that might not appeal to many people.

(2) There's also a difficulty-related trophy that can't be cheesed -- i.e., you have to play the entire game on the highest difficulty without ever changing it to snag said trophy.  If you don't know about this ahead of time, it might oblige one to play the entire game all over again just for one trophy and that's a very long shlep for most people.

If one knows what they're doing, the Platinum can be done in significantly less than a month.  But there's some pre-knowledge and planning required to do that one.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just got the platinum. And.. you know? It's not actually all that hard to get. Obviously the Hard difficulty might seem scary, but it's doable. The beginning seems the hardest. You don't have good gear, not many healing potions. But at some point, after getting the right set of skills (Healing + Summon are a must) it's much easier. I actually went through the first half of the game grinding, doing side-quests, getting good :) At some point you start running around groups of enemies and going right to the point of the quest. Yes, it's possible. So, if someone needs tips how to get through Hard diffulty, I'd say this => Grind for the first half of the game, later it'll be easier. Oh, and get about 5 or 6 Fate Potions (you get the recipe around half of the game) for the final boss. It'll make that fight a lot easier (it took me literally two minutes, instead of 4x or 5x that). Besides that you might take some upgraded healing potions [40 or 50 should do]

• 2 weeks later...

The "hard" difficulty is the only one that is fun. Otherwise it's more an exercise in button smashing. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the persuasion trophy so I did a second run on "casual". This is more of a grind as most of the fights are not difficult and the world is huge.

Btw, I needed 20 hours for the 50 persuasion checks. I got it when I convinced the healer in the Moondown Camp quest. The checklists that float around in the net are of tremendous help.