FF XII Remake/Remaster confirmed.

I've been anticipating this ever since Final Fantasy X/X-2 outperformed expectations.

Fingers crossed that they double up with Revenant Wings as well for the full XII experience.

XII gets a really hard rap - and whilst it isn't the best, I appreciated a story that was centred more around the world than it was the individual characters, and more focus on secondary characters with you acting as a conduit for the interactions.

Couple this, with what I thought to be, a really intelligent battle system and a world full of life and you have a really strong game.  I hope they make it available for Vita again so I can play it on the train as I am with X/X-2 at the moment.

• Like 2

*confirmed*

*by a random orchestra conductor and not by Square-Enix itself*

Suuuure...

Not a random orchestra conductor, but rather the conductor for the Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy tour, which has the support of Square Enix and features appearances from the various composers over the years, including one I attended that Nobuo Uematsu showed up to. This one was corroborated by Hitoshi Sakamoto, the composer for FFXII. Every single time a Square Enix employee has stated that they would like to eventually see a remake of one of their properties in the last couple years, it has resulted in an official confirmation. This is the way they subtly hint at the future.

Edited by damon8r351

Oh geeze this in my opinion was the worst final fantasy game it was boring uninspired it felt like no one even tried if anything I wanted to snap the disk and find the makers and beat them upside the head and ask what they was smoking when they thought this was a good game

Maybe this re release will change my mind who knows but to this day I can say it's the worst final fantasy I've played and I've played all but the online 1s and among the list of worst I've ever played with it are the likes of Bayonetta I wanted to like that but it just made me wanna turn it off lol and that's never a good thing to feel as a gamer

Ive played all the same ones - all but the online ones and i think XII is among the best, along with VI and IX.

I loved Bayonetta too though ;-)

So true, Tidus is such a whiny twerp. :angry:

You're not wrong, but so were Squall, Cloud and countless other charaters thoughout the series history. For every Auron or Terra or Kefka, you need to be willing to put up with a whiney bitch like Wakka or Cait Sith or Sephiroth.

The games are still great IMO

Would've loved to see IX get remastered but XII is definitely the most underrated of the FF games imo. Not top tier material but it was enjoyable and c'mon! Fran and Balthier? I cant freaking wait!

Oh, yeah Gilgamesh also looks incredible in this game! Love that guy :)

:devil:

Better yet, why not stay with the FF trend and have a trophy for collecting all items/weapons ^_^

Trend :P? 1 out of 8 FF trophy-enabled games have required owning all weapons/accessories. Although I'm not counting the achievement-enabled Steam/iOS/mobile versions for this though.

Errm, if thats the case i sense a UR plat here, that damn wyrmhero blade and a few others are a nightmare.

I agree with Master P here, this would be horrible because from what I remember there is at least one weapon that is randomly generated in random chests and if you open in the wrong order you miss it completely.

I agree with Master P here, this would be horrible because from what I remember there is at least one weapon that is randomly generated in random chests and if you open in the wrong order you miss it completely.

that sounds terrible :( if I missed it I would be so upset especially after putting in so many hours already, and having to start over on another play through would completely kill any drive I had

that sounds terrible :( if I missed it I would be so upset especially after putting in so many hours already, and having to start over on another play through would completely kill any drive I had

That would be the Zodiac Spear that was already discussed earlier on this same topic :P It does indeed come from a random chance chest that required not opening certain chests, but it's not the only way to get it. There's another chest (in the Henne Mines) that has a 0.1% of containing the spear.

Pretty sure there's a few places to get the Zodiac spear iirc, I know I had more than one...

It'd be quite a Plat if the trophies keep in line with all the secrets, collectibles and rare loot drops, that S.Guide was a bit of a beast!   Took me ages to get Frans Sagittarius bow, spent hours farming bombshells for yagyu darkblades to take to Yiazmat.   I think the only item I never managed to get was one piece of the Tower set...just would not drop!

Great game though, loved the gambit system too.