Resident Evil (PS4) vs Resident Evil Revelations 2 and upcoming Vita version.

So I have a few questions regarding this games. Is Resident Evil Revelations 2 a remake? Do I need to play the Resident Evil (PS4) so I follow up the story and it terms of quality, content and price about RE:R2 Vita and PS4 which one will be more worth are both same price? Graphics difference in the versions? Any DLC on the Vita version maybe with DLC trophies and some extras? So should I get the PS4 or Vita edition?

Resident Evil (PS4) is a remaster of the remake of the original game. RE: Rev 2 isn't a remake but it's a spin off game in the Revelations series. You don't have to play REmake to understand the story of Rev2 but there will be a few references you won't understand. The story is pretty convoluted anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Both games are great but personally I would recommend playing RE HD first.

Edited by Yoshi

Also, I would suggest to play it on PS4. Why play it on a small screen if you can play the very same game on a big screen, right? As for the Vita content, I haven't heard of any exclusive content for it so far.

Yes but anywhere, anytime is pretty sweet and I always chose Vita versions over PS4 versions. I recently got into more PS4 but I'm still a pocket gamer I guess

Resident Evil 1 isn't that tied to Revelations 2, but both are main games. The most recommendable playing is Resident Evil 5 because is the most tied with Rev2's story, but still, it isn't that tied, you can understand everything just by playing that game.

Like the others, I recommend you playing REmake first, it's one of the best in the series, if not the best and you will appreciate a little more Rev2.