What should i do when Dante spams royal release?

Who are you playing as? From what I've seen through other playthroughs he changes randomly, although I sometimes feel like doing different types of attacks make him change, like ranged attacks.

I'm using Nero.

Oh okay. I haven't fought him on DMD as Nero, and not even Lady yet. But I watched this video and it seems once he goes into Royal Guard you can shoot at him a couple times and then snatch into Buster him (Happens at the 2:13 mark). I noticed a few other things.

-If you shoot at him and collide bullets you can snatch him and then buster him.

-You can at least reduce some of the damage from his Stingers by going DT.

-Apparently there is a way to tell when he's going to use the shotgun, but I can't really tell how until he starts shooting.

-Trickster seems the most dangerous since that's when he does a bunch of Helm Breakers.

Oh okay. I haven't fought him on DMD as Nero, and not even Lady yet. But I watched this video and it seems once he goes into Royal Guard you can shoot at him a couple times and then snatch into Buster him (Happens at the 2:13 mark). I noticed a few other things.

-If you shoot at him and collide bullets you can snatch him and then buster him.

-You can at least reduce some of the damage from his Stingers by going DT.

-Apparently there is a way to tell when he's going to use the shotgun, but I can't really tell how until he starts shooting.

-Trickster seems the most dangerous since that's when he does a bunch of Helm Breakers.

When you are playing Nero you can always grab him when he has Royal Guard until he switches the styles. 

Also i wouldn't always advise to look up from the last gen Version, since he is there harder. But of course no one could do untouchable legit in a traditional way. 

Hf gl. 

Managed to get him, thanks for the tips!