Making mountains outta molehills...

xxdmcgee2288xx

So can somebody make the trick of rubber banding fools proof? I've heard level 1 difficulty for bugs.. Level 3 difficulty for bugs.. I know it sounds stupid.. But I wouldn't be starting a new topic if I wasn't completely serious.. Just the rubber band method and what way is fastest to farm kills.. I'm at like 30k and I've put this game down for months, along with hotline miami 2 because I hate how both have stupid farming kills trophies.. So annoying.. So pointless and time consuming.. Reasonless.. Anyways.. I want to try and get my platinum as fast and as effortless as possible.. I'm playing on a ps4 but I have a vita as well.. Thank you in advance!!

So I'm currently running a level 2 difficulty bug planet.. Using rubber band HAV method.. Just circling around.. However, I am just outside the extraction point because I couldn't find a decent map with a capture point.. So it's a bit slower than some (if not, most, as far as farming methods..)... I'm pretty sure kills count, even if you die or fail the mission.. Feedback would be appreciated.. Looks like no one plays this game anymore or cares about these forums.. Maybe it's just me or merely this topic xD

But seriously tho.. Feedback please?

Update: I just put it on level 3 and rallied a capture point.. Going in circles now.. The last above method was total bs- total crap and not worth wasting time on..

Yeah rubber bands don't work.. I tried twice and I don't know how but my controller didn't retain it on the R2 button.. So now I'm gonna try the quarter method from rocket league, because this method has proven to work for me in past experiences. I don't have a steady kills/hr estimate.. But I only made a couple thousand so far with both failed attempts.. I'm still just shy of 30k.. And I've had all other trophies for a bit now.. 40k kills is good if you're not even at 25 yet.. You must be soloing a lot.. I'm almost thinking that legit might be a better, safer and much more efficient method..

And yes.. This trophy is complete bs.. Kinda ruins the chase for the platinum and makes it less exciting and enticing..

If only there was a method like the one on hotline miami 2 that was super fast and didn't involve paying attention. It was legit, quick, and rather fun tbh.. I can't find a solid method for this one.. It's just plain boring.. Annoying.. Slow.. And not efficient.. I'm more than 70k shy.. And it's my last trophy. This is why I put the game down for so many months and I didn't want to mess with this game or it's platinum.. I loathe this grind

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The most effortless method is auto farming using the 'rubber band' method on difficulty 1. It definitely works, you just have to leave it on overnight or something. Going by this video: 

you get around 1, 750 kills per hour, obviously this number will vary a bit though. I personally used a rubber band on the analogue stick and sellotape for R2, but do whatever works for you.

• 3 months later...

1000 kills per hour? Nah. No thanks. I want the plat.. But not that bad.. Man.. I'm almost considering grinding out legit.. But I can't muster the motivation to follow through..

Rubberbanding is unnecessary, hold the analog stick to the side you wanna keep going, hold R2 too, then hold the PS Button and turn off your controller. You might need to tweak this a bit since you are playing on the PS4, try logging a second controller and rolling with that instead so the game isn't shut down with log off.

I got 1700 kills per hour average and this is your last trophy, make the final push and pop that shiny.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I use the rubber band on the Analog and a Bandaid on the R2.

I manage to get 400-600 kills every 10 min on a level 3 Cyborg/Bug planet.

I have to get back every 15 minutes to heal the vehicle. Res 60 and Healing Drone( Support Dlc) 

Do this while playing some vita games.

Level 1....maybe won't need to look back to heal.....but the kill ratio is way slower.

• 4 weeks later...

Rubberbanding is unnecessary, hold the analog stick to the side you wanna keep going, hold R2 too, then hold the PS Button and turn off your controller. You might need to tweak this a bit since you are playing on the PS4, try logging a second controller and rolling with that instead so the game isn't shut down with log off.

I got 1700 kills per hour average and this is your last trophy, make the final push and pop that shiny.

Can you elaborate? Like how did you do 1700 per hour? Difficulty? And insects I assume? And how can I turn off my controller but use my second controller to stay logged on.. That is to say, first controller will be under my log on, second controller as a guest... I log off of P1? Doesn't that void my kill counts? Idk man.. Sounds.. Complicated

Can you elaborate? Like how did you do 1700 per hour? Difficulty? And insects I assume? And how can I turn off my controller but use my second controller to stay logged on.. That is to say, first controller will be under my log on, second controller as a guest... I log off of P1? Doesn't that void my kill counts? Idk man.. Sounds.. Complicated

Since a reply from Yuri seems rather unlikely i'll take his place. Here's the most optimal technique based on my personal experience, as far as i can see it's the same one he used.

1. Play offline

2. Turn rumble off.

3. Bug Difficulty 1 planet, make sure there's a "Capture Area" objective.

4. Set up your car in a way so that your circle route leads through the objective area but not enough to actually capture it.

5. On PS3 you can simply turn off your controller to keep driving in circles forever, on PS4 a flat tack does a great job at keeping the R2 button in place. Use a rubberband or scotch tape for the control stick.

You might have to complete several planets until you find one thats perfect to farm on.

• Like 1

Since a reply from Yuri seems rather unlikely i'll take his place. Here's the most optimal technique based on my personal experience, as far as i can see it's the same one he used.

1. Play offline

2. Turn rumble off.

4. Set up your car in a way so that your circle route leads through the objective area but not enough to actually capture it.

5. On PS3 you can simply turn off your controller to keep driving in circles forever, on PS4 a flat tack does a great job at keeping the R2 button in place. Use a rubberband or scotch tape for the control stick.

You might have to complete several planets until you find one thats perfect to farm on.

Sorry man but this must be highly dependent on the planet (aka luck factor) considering I've done this on difficulty 1 and was getting just under 1k and then on difficulty 3 I was getting roughly under 1500.. That's why I was asking yuri.. Why is it he is so unlikely to respond?

1. Play offline

2. Turn rumble off.

Turning off the controller.....turns off the console later on.

Sorry man but this must be highly dependent on the planet (aka luck factor) considering I've done this on difficulty 1 and was getting just under 1k and then on difficulty 3 I was getting roughly under 1500.. That's why I was asking yuri.. Why is it he is so unlikely to respond?

The "banned" under his profile pic may have something to do with it. And yes, it's highly dependant on where the scouts spawn. Under 1k seems extremely poor, sure you're close enough to the flag area? If level 3 works better for you great but keep in mind that at level 3 the bugs will be able to damage your HUV, so it's not a great idea for super long sessions.

I used the rubber band method, left on the PS4 overnight, and left the controller plugged into the console. Ran for about 7 hours, got 16k kills per night.  Went by pretty quickly and was pain-free!

Edited by JABing
  • Like 1

Im using the rubberband trick on my vita and it works flawless :) Getting around 12- to 1400 kills per hour on a lvl 1 mission and atleast you dont have the problem with the auto-shutoff on the vita (atleast i don´t).

And ofcouse finding the right mission is the hardest work

• Like 1

Just wanted to add a way to get a lot of kills manually if anyone is interested. I have been playing solo a lot lately on bug planets ranging from level 10-12 and getting a lot of kills. I am averaging over 2,200 kills per hour just playing through each mission normally (and without distractor beacons of course). You can also do some good sample farming on these missions if you bring a UAV. You get around 16-22 samples on these planets per mission. 

• 3 weeks later...

I found a possible problem with farming the kills on the ps3. I think that after 10k kills it resets your kill count. I left it idle for about 11 hours and when I came back it said I was only at 1k kills. I exited and checked my killcount to find it only improved by 1k so it wasn't just a text error. I'd been averaging 1k kills an hour and when I stopped I was still getting a lot of bugs to spawn at the point I was farming. Just be sure not to get more than 10k kills each run and you shouldn't run into this error.

It might be worth noting that I extracted at the end and didn't just quit the mission.

Edited by B-Brawl3r

Just Got the Plat, What I found to be the best method was circling the capture objective on lvl 3 BUG planet with fully upgraded truck. the truck lasted from 50min-70min before being destroyed. the least kills i got was 1,700 and the most was 3,500 averaged a little over 2,000 kills per hour. I just put the rubber-band and tape on when i woke up in the morning and let it circle while i was drinking coffee and doing dishes chores ECT. when the truck blew up i just repeated the process. when you find a good planet for this you want to make sure you don't complete the mission so just make sure to die and then come back. did this for about a week and got 40,000 kills busted out for that Shiny.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna try it on the vita. Cross play and cross buy. Nice. Might have to revisit this game. I can play without wifi or internet or no? Planning to knock it out at work on the vita. Been too long since I played this game. Still kinda on the fence about it. But if I'm doing it at work I got nothing to lose I suppose.