Making mountains outta molehills...

xxdmcgee2288xx

I wanna try it on the vita. Cross play and cross buy. Nice. Might have to revisit this game. I can play without wifi or internet or no? Planning to knock it out at work on the vita. Been too long since I played this game. Still kinda on the fence about it. But if I'm doing it at work I got nothing to lose I suppose.

You still haven't done it? o.o

Just do the method people have told you on PS3/4, you can use a Level 1 Bug planet where the enemies can't damage your truck and then just leave your console alone for hours (be it overnight or something, on PS4 you can leave your console on for a long time without it getting hot). In a few days you'll have the trophy. Make sure you do disconnect your console from wifi so that you can't get kicked from the game if the internet disconnects

Edited by D-Brawl3r

I'll be sure to use this method to finish grinding my own kills, but there's little point in doing all that grinding if the platinum doesn't pop at the end, and it won't until I can get the Peace and Prosperity trophy.  Really hope we can win the current war, seeing as we lost the previous one.

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried this AFK circling method and left my Ps3 overnight with a fully modified APC with the extra mobility. I ended up getting 3.4k kills because the way the car circled the extraction beacon was slowly varying and then ended up getting stuck on a rock. When I mean slowly, it was noticeable after 30-40 mins up to an hour.

I'm blaming this on the fact that I got extra mobility on it, so if I use the HAV instead (I haven't modified anything) to circle around it or a rock nearby a capture point as mentioned on the video, should I overcome this problem?

Edit: It was in fact the extra mobility, as I got the 100k kills easily with the slow-moving vehicle without trouble.

I applied most of what other people before said with the Ps3 except that I didn't use a rubberband or anything of the sort, however, I guess this only applies to Ps3:

-Be sure that there are no automatic turn offs for the console. You'll need to leave it for at least 5-8 hours (or overnight while you sleep) everyday for maximum gains.

-Find a lvl 1 Bug planet with a capture the area objective, and make sure there's a medium-sized rock close to the objective.

-Use a slow moving vehicle. As stated above, if you upgrade it to have extra mobility, you won't be able to farm a lot of kills.

-Start using the directional joystick to circle around the rock. After you get it and you're not moving the joystick anymore, without letting it go, press the PS button and select to turn off the controller.

-If done correctly, the vehicle will keep spinning without you having to do anything.

-During all this process, you should see that bug scouts were getting road-killed, right? They will keep going at it and that's how you'll get your kills.

-Simply leave the Ps3 there running the game, and you can rack up anywhere from 8k up to 12k kills each day.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I just reached level 26 and clocking in at 42k kills. Planning to grind the rest of the kills legit.  I still have a long way to go! 

EDIT: I wanted to record my daily progress to see how long I would take to reach 100k kills.

30 Dec: 47k

31 Dec: 54k

01 Jan: 64k

02 Jan: 68k

03 Jan: 77k

04 Jan: 84k

05 Jan: 92k

06 Jan: 100k 

I finally did it! That sweet sweet platinum, finally. Now I'm going to focus on the 3 Silvers for the DLC for beating all the new monsters to 100% it.

Edited by cometmoth
Daily update

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2015 at 2:27 PM, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Yeah rubber bands don't work.. I tried twice and I don't know how but my controller didn't retain it on the R2 button..

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand physics on rubberbands... Position them so that they won't slide off, it's obvious.  Or use multiple bands to strengthen it so it won't slide off, position the band properly so it won't slide off. Take a look at your R2 button and figure out where the best position is to hook it. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried the method with the 'guard dog' stratagem from the Defenders pack? I'm tempted to pay the three bucks if it makes the grind faster, but I can't find much information about it online anywhere if it's worth buying the DLC just for that.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:16 AM, Kittet3 said:

Has anyone tried the method with the 'guard dog' stratagem from the Defenders pack? I'm tempted to pay the three bucks if it makes the grind faster, but I can't find much information about it online anywhere if it's worth buying the DLC just for that.

I did it that way, lvl 1 bug planet I was getting approx 1k kills per hour. Take the body armor stratagem or you'll die. That was my experience anyways. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So bug Level 3 planet is the best planet with the suped up Humvee. The good one, not the basic one. Level 3 doubles your kill count in an hour but you have to watch it as the bigger bugs spawned can damage your vehicle. However, they only damage when they attack and hit the side,  not when you hit them and drive over them. So if you take a heal gun or an angel, you can get way more kills, closer to 2.5k-3k an hour. Just have to watch and go heal. Which sucks but best if you are in the room and can monitor. Then when you sleep or leave the house, you switch to a Level 1 bug.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

On 7/16/2018 at 10:11 AM, Unebrion said:

I did it that way, lvl 1 bug planet I was getting approx 1k kills per hour. Take the body armor stratagem or you'll die. That was my experience anyways. 

Do you have any tips of where/how to maximize kills? I did it for 3.5 hours and only got 2.5 kills. I calculated it'll take 78 hours at this rate to get the remaining 58k kills I need :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 5:56 AM, Kittet3 said:

Do you have any tips of where/how to maximize kills? I did it for 3.5 hours and only got 2.5 kills. I calculated it'll take 78 hours at this rate to get the remaining 58k kills I need :( 

I wish I had more useful info on it. I just did it the slow route roughly 1k kills an hour. took a few nights of leaving the ps4 on. The only real tip I'd say is do it offline so the game doesn't kick you