Anime Shows/Movies and Manga Discussion Thread

Xel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-04-26/a-certain-scientific-railgun-t-anime-confirms-dream-ranker-arc-new-cast/.159011

The 2nd half of Railgun S3 will not have a original/s arc and will instead adapt the Dream Ranker arc

00000170.jpg

Look forward to seeing the Anime version of Kuriba Ryouko and Yumiya Rakko, also that certain group called Scavenger from A Certain Scientific Accelerator is also appearing.

Due to it being hit two times by delay due to COVID-19, I wait until Dream Ranker arc is finished airing before I watch Episode 13, In the meantime I watch finish the Railgun side of Daihasei Festival Arc which ends at Episode 12 if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

No one uses this thread anymore, but regardless, I'm bringing it back to post belated anime news that no one cares about. Mieruko-chan anime adaptation!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-17/mieruko-chan-horror-comedy-manga-gets-tv-anime-this-year/.170746

There's also going to be a Sen no Kiseki anime...? What? Despite the misleading article title, it's supposedly not going to be an adaptation of the game(s), but rather an original story that takes place in Erebonia. I think that might be a good thing, though; were it just an adaptation, it would likely be a disaster (source: any video game anime).

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-03-09/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-game-series-gets-tv-anime/.170413

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Now to try bringing this thread back to living for anime/manga/light novel news and what not, which won't be long looking at the last two posts here. (it was fun watching Mieruko-chan and I still want to one day get my hands on the Manga)

Anyway, the first news or "old news" is

My Favorite Light Novel series: I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level's Anime Adaptation will get a 2nd season!

promo.png.jpg

It will be fun watching Azusa and the gang animated again.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?'s Anime Adaptation is getting a 4th season

4_.jpg

Until next time a anime/manga/light novel news catch my eye.

• Like 3

The recent anime and manga related news that come to mind are the announcement of the second part of Chainsaw Man manga and the trailer for Spy x Family. I keep hearing how good the manga is, so I'm interested.

Other than that, not entirely related, but I'm interested to know what people think about the upcoming One Piece Netflix adaptation. The cast has been revealed already, and many people seem to be pleased with the choices. But given the track record of live action adaptations from Netflix (Death Note and Cowboy Bebop) I'm surprised to see so much optimism. Especially knowing how big and loved this franchise is.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

https://deadline.com/2022/06/one-punch-man-manga-movie-sony-justin-lin-scott-rosenberg-jeff-pinkner-script-1235044549/

One Punch Man is getting a Hollywood live action adaptation. The writers of Jumanji 3 and Venom are making the script. Justin Lin, who's mostly known for Fast and Furious movies, is directing.

There's no chance this film is going to be good, is there? Was there ever a good western anime/manga adaptation?

OK, I'm sure some people will like it, and it will make plenty of money at the box office, while I can just pretend it doesn't exist. But to be honest, I selfishly want this project to stop, just like the adaptation of Akira. Although we'll probably see both at some point.

Edited by Slava

The western live-action adaptations anime/manga is most time of the bad but the only one I watched that was fun to watch and did not get americanized(Goku being a teenager instead of a kid, L being black instead of being pale etc.) was Alita Battle Angel. But the live-action adaptation I might watch is ZOM100: Bucket List Of The Dead.

Looking forward to Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO and since the Global Theatrical Release dates has been revealed, I hope it's not long to Norway gets a Theatrical release date. Well Demon Slayer Mugen Train, My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission(did not watch) and Jujutsu Kaisen 0 has all been at the Haugesund cinema so the odds of me getting to watch the new DB Movie sometime this year is high.

Original voices ver.

Eng Dub ver.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Slava said:

Why is there a Suicide Squad isekai now? 1f601.png And why does it look kind of good?

Dropped into some kind of high fantasy world, right? Could be cool.

Margot Robbie's look really sticked to the character, huh?

I guess this might be part of the Elseworlds strategy James Gunn talked about.

I wonder if they're gonna sideline Mr Jay again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Dropped into some kind of high fantasy world, right? Could be cool.

The Isekai trend got so out of hand that it's being memed about, at least in the West. But instead of slowing down, it's reaching new territories, both literally and figuratively.

I wonder if Harley dies by a truck in this anime.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new Hayao Myiazaki film The Boy and the Heron (How Do You Live?) has come out in Japan. It's been 10 years since The Wind Rises, his last work. He had announced his retirement multiple times before, but this film probably marks the real end of Miyazaki's career as a director.

What's interesting about How Do You Live? is that it didn't receive almost any promotion at all. No trailers, no key art, only one poster:

How_Do_You_Live_poster.jpg

A bold experiment, but it will undoubtedly work just because of the studio and Miyazaki's name attached to it. The first weekend at the Japanese box office was a success according to reports. I respect the decision. I think there are some creators and IP's who can allow themselves to do something like this and not be hurt financially. Half-Life 3 just randomly appearing on Steam, an idea proposed by a few people online, comes to mind. Would be epic.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

The full Netflix One Piece trailer. What do you think? ?

Edit:

Trailer of the new Shinichiro Watanabe anime (Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo creator) with action scenes led by Chad Stahelski (John Wick). Animated by Mappa.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So I just learned that multiple assistants of Tatsuki Fujimoto (Fire Punch, Chainsaw Man) went on to create their own hit manga series: Tatsuya Endo made Spy X Family, Yuji Kaku made Hell's Paradise, and Yukinobu Tatsu made Dandadan. What were they doing in that studio, drinking crazy juice together? 

Anime news are wild today.

The next Chainsaw Man arc is announced, and it's going to be a movie:

Some people expected it, because Mappa did something similar with JJK, and Reze's arc would fit well in a stand-alone film.

What people probably didn't expect is One Piece anime remake by studio WIT:

• Like 2