What are your opinions on this game?

I finally started it up earlier and played an hour or so of it, no idea how long it's been sitting in the stack, and it's better than I expected, and I was expecting it to be at least decently good. So far at least, the game is funky, funny, and fun. 

Or, you know, it's just good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i think this game generally appeals more to the old school gamers more than anything.
i got every reference, thought the clunky controls were hilarious and thought the game itself was very fun.
not to everyones taste, but the same can be said for humour in general. :)

Edited by MiamiNights89

• 2 months later...

Very average game, dialogue is ok, the fembots are fucking annoying, shooting is ok

Doing last level 2nd time I encounted some glitches, enemy shooting through unbreakable glass that hurts me and being shot in cover when there is no way I can be hit, the last level at times gets to cheap for me in difficulty terms

Edited by Drew Carey

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the plat, and yeah, it was a fun game, not great, but it was making fun of itself, the video game industry as a whole, and some other old school games.  I found the gameplay to be challenging at times, but only due to things like spawn locations (spawning dudes behind me in rooms/hallways I've already cleared is cheap).  But all in all, the few parts that gave me a little trouble on max difficulty, like the level 2 and 6 boss fights, weren't really that bad.  I had no trouble with the last boss, I had no trouble with Dexter's Darlings (fembots, seriously, 2 shots to the head from any gun and punch them, done), and I learned early that if you slow play and hide behind cover without using the cover feature, the AI basically stands there waiting to be shot in the face.  Some parts were really tedious, and sometimes I'd die from stupid mistakes with only 1 enemy left before a checkpoint, which sucked, but really it wasn't that bad.  The game did leave much to be desired in a lot of ways, but at least it was good for a few laughs (and it was only 99 cents!).

• 5 months later...
On 8/3/2015 at 4:56 PM, Edward_FOX_86 said:

I just got it. What are your thoughts?

Is it worth to play and finish it?

Frustrating. The slow character movement. The clunky cover mechanics. The cheap deaths. All in all making the game pretty brutal even on Easy difficulty. The dialogue is decent. I bought the game (for $9.99 from the PS store), because I thought it was gonna be a Platinum trophy worth going for. 

On 8/10/2015 at 0:36 PM, SgtNinjahMan said:

Fun but the last level of the game made me want to smash my controller.

Especially the last segment. I keep getting hit by the final boss's insta-death ray, though I thought I got to cover in time.

Edited by ShaunDCameron
I forgot to add one detail.
  • Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 1/7/2017 at 8:18 PM, ShaunDCameron said:

Frustrating. The slow character movement. The clunky cover mechanics. The cheap deaths. All in all making the game pretty brutal even on Easy difficulty. The dialogue is decent. I bought the game (for $9.99 from the PS store), because I thought it was gonna be a Platinum trophy worth going for. 

Especially the last segment. I keep getting hit by the final boss's insta-death ray, though I thought I got to cover in time.

I mostly agree.

I got my copy for free, so its hard to complain much yet the game has issues.  I got 1 glitch first day had to turn off machine, thankfully there is rampant auto saving so it was a mere annoyance.  Overall the trophy art and titles are great; in fact you could say its a good looking game artwise.  The jokes are pretty good, never taking itself too seriously however at some point you have to take yourself seriously.  At some point your game has to reach a point where it's not just making fun of everyone else, especially those whom have had successful video games.  At some point the game has to stand on its own and have something about it that makes a person want to come back and play it rather than the other games.  This and the gameplay in general is where Eat Lead takes the piss.

The game is more frustrating then probably actually difficult, if trying as guides suggest to just beat it on one playthrough you are going to die a hell of a lot.  When comparing with other FPS games its just frustrating to play with its drawbacks.  Reloading your gun is slow, the game never actually tells you how to switch guns so learn that right away.  You can't appear to jump or run at all.  The cover system while somewhat entertaining also makes Matt move slowly.  The game is at its most awkward and ridiculous when someone is running toward you with a gun for example.  You can try to step out and just get them down, yet this will eat a lot of your heatlh just trying.  Aiming with certain guns sometimes doens't even help.  During the level 2 boss fight, while aiming at the boss with my AK, I shoot yet due to the gun recoil my shots starting going upward.  

I think some people probably had some fun with this game and the challenging aspects of finding good cover, however for the casual gamer is an easy platinum masked with a lot of frustration.                                                    

• 2 weeks later...

It wasnt terrible for its time but its defo budget. I see they havent ever patched the constant crashing issue either. 

On 05/05/2022 at 9:06 PM, LegendExeter said:

I mostly agree.

I got my copy for free, so its hard to complain much yet the game has issues.  I got 1 glitch first day had to turn off machine, thankfully there is rampant auto saving so it was a mere annoyance.  Overall the trophy art and titles are great; in fact you could say its a good looking game artwise.  The jokes are pretty good, never taking itself too seriously however at some point you have to take yourself seriously.  At some point your game has to reach a point where it's not just making fun of everyone else, especially those whom have had successful video games.  At some point the game has to stand on its own and have something about it that makes a person want to come back and play it rather than the other games.  This and the gameplay in general is where Eat Lead takes the piss.

The game is more frustrating then probably actually difficult, if trying as guides suggest to just beat it on one playthrough you are going to die a hell of a lot.  When comparing with other FPS games its just frustrating to play with its drawbacks.  Reloading your gun is slow, the game never actually tells you how to switch guns so learn that right away.  You can't appear to jump or run at all.  The cover system while somewhat entertaining also makes Matt move slowly.  The game is at its most awkward and ridiculous when someone is running toward you with a gun for example.  You can try to step out and just get them down, yet this will eat a lot of your heatlh just trying.  Aiming with certain guns sometimes doens't even help.  During the level 2 boss fight, while aiming at the boss with my AK, I shoot yet due to the gun recoil my shots starting going upward.  

I think some people probably had some fun with this game and the challenging aspects of finding good cover, however for the casual gamer is an easy platinum masked with a lot of frustration.                                                    

Run is L1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 0:58 AM, ResiGamer_28 said:

It wasnt terrible for its time but its defo budget. I see they havent ever patched the constant crashing issue either. 

Run is L1

Yeah I finally found that out like a few days after I made the initial post.  I was wrong people!

Game is still fairly whack and you die too much, weeks later here my opinion really hasn't changed.  There were some things I liked about it, not gonna lie, when I stop and try to think of them though....it's hard to think of any LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The game has its problems, the gameplay is harsh and makes the game more difficult than normal (I don't recommend using the PS3 controller, I'm using the QRD Spark-N5 controller and the aiming sensitivity has improved a lot, reducing the difficulty a lot), but the game is fun and the platinum is easy...

If you play without high expectations, you can have fun.. Don't pay attention to the haters who created expectations above average.. The game is bad but it's not the end of the world! There is something worse