WHY X1 as more achievements for this game?

This I did NOT buy when came out because of the trophies. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED??? PS4 has 12 trophies, but X1 has 40 achievements!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/lara-croft-and-the-temple-of-osiris/achievements/

Does ANYONE KNOW WHY THE FUCK THIS HAPPENED??? Was it part of there Rise Tomb Raider time exclusive?????

• Like 1

Microsoft must have made the same "deal" with Ubisoft and Konami over Child of Light and Castlevania Lords of Shadows Mirror of Fate as well.

And Sony also made the same "deal" with Mojave (or whatever they are called) for the PS3 version of Minecraft to have more trophies when it launched.

OR you're just over-reacting. My money's on the latter.

• Like 2

Isn't it to do with how these things are handled? XBLA titles used to only be allowed x amount of points, now they can have the full thousand. Whereas Sony digital games can have up to 20? Whereas full titles can have as many as they want or something? So XB no longer has restrictions, but PS still does? I'm not sure for certain the exact specifics, but I thought it was something to do with how things were handled. 

iirc all xbone games now have to be 1000g no matter what ... Sony doesnt have the rule that all games must have plats. 

dont care much either way - shouldnt stop you playing a game just cos there is no plat or less trophies/cheevos than xb1

Calm down, it's just an amount of trophies o.o

This. 

It isn't the first time the trophy list has differed from the achievement list. Oddly enough, usually the trophy lists are easier when it happens. This is one of the few cases I can think of where PSN gets shafted. The other two being Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica where they aren't worth much for the effort they take, whereas on 360 they were worth 1,000 each. 

• Like 1

As someone who actually has the physical version, it's a bit disappointing it's only got like 12 trophies.

But I thought the same when I bought the physical copies of the aforementioned Lara Croft, Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes, Stick it to the Man, Trials Fusion, and Walking Dead 2.

Of all of them though, Trials is the closest to deserving a platinum, and it doesn't really deserve a plat, it's just really really hard.

I did believe there was something they said a while back that all physical games would have plats from now on, but I guess not. That being said, I can't really be bitter about a game's trophy list, in the case of Stick it to the Man for example, I get to have a physical copy of a game I really liked sit on my shelf instead of exclusively on my download list, far cooler than any plat for the game would be.

To the people telling OP to calm down, he's not about to go break anything, he's just irritated that there are less trophies in the version on PS4. It's not the end of the world that the trophies aren't there, and he doesn't claim it to be. Most importantly, though, he asked why there is a difference, and so only leaving a message in regards to how you feel about his opinion isn't informative or constructive; in fact, if anything, it's insulting to him, as he comes here seeking information, but instead, gets people telling him "Relax", "Who cares", and things of that sort. Just try to keep things relevant to the question asked, people. Why he feels the way he does is his business, and he's entitled to feel however he pleases to. I personally felt disappointed when Child of Light had less trophies than Xbox One had achievements, so I understand where he's coming from. Having more trophies just sets more goals to accomplish, and I find that it's fun to go for them. Regardless of OP's reason though, he feels angered, and he's entitled to feel that way. 

To OP, I took this off of a GameFAQ forum: Anyway, the reason why it has a "full" list on the Xbox version is because Microsoft changed their policy so that every game will have it. Sony still requires games that don't have enough content to use a "small" list without a platinum trophy. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems reasonable.

EDIT: Also, look at OP's PSN Profile account. He's a pretty dedicated trophy hunter, so it's even more so understandable that he'd be upset by the lack of multiple trophies. 

Edited by StormRacer872
  • Like 3

To the people telling OP to calm down, he's not about to go break anything, he's just irritated that there are less trophies in the version on PS4. It's not the end of the world that the trophies aren't there, and he doesn't claim it to be. Most importantly, though, he asked why there is a difference, and so only leaving a message in regards to how you feel about his opinion isn't informative or constructive; in fact, if anything, it's insulting to him, as he comes here seeking information, but instead, gets people telling him "Relax", "Who cares", and things of that sort. Just try to keep things relevant to the question asked, people. Why he feels the way he does is his business, and he's entitled to feel however he pleases to. I personally felt disappointed when Child of Light had less trophies than Xbox One had achievements, so I understand where he's coming from. Having more trophies just sets more goals to accomplish, and I find that it's fun to go for them. Regardless of OP's reason though, he feels angered, and he's entitled to feel that way. 

To OP, I took this off of a GameFAQ forum: Anyway, the reason why it has a "full" list on the Xbox version is because Microsoft changed their policy so that every game will have it. Sony still requires games that don't have enough content to use a "small" list without a platinum trophy. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems reasonable.

EDIT: Also, look at OP's PSN Profile account. He's a pretty dedicated trophy hunter, so it's even more so understandable that he'd be upset by the lack of multiple trophies. 

Thank you for a nice & smart message. I am not at a extreme level of hate asking this, simply very curious and it irritates me 1 product not equal to practically the same product. For a simple example, if a Blu-Ray, a TV, a PC, etc in the US would be of better quality compared to my country (Canada) of that same product. And those "calm down" messages. This is a helping to get trophy site, so if you dont care about them, want are you doing on this site?????????

• Like 2

Thank you for a nice & smart message. I am not at a extreme level of hate asking this, simply very curious and it irritates me 1 product not equal to practically the same product. For a simple example, if a Blu-Ray, a TV, a PC, etc in the US would be of better quality compared to my country (Canada) of that same product. And those "calm down" messages. This is a helping to get trophy site, so if you dont care about them, want are you doing on this site?????????

I agree to an extent, people were somewhat rude (I don't think the individual answers are too bad, but as a collective it leaves a negative view of the site), but you did come across as raging a bit too hard when you type in all caps (which used correctly is for shouting) and also coming in using the F word. So people aren't completely at fault here either. Simply put if you want a serious and sensible answer, you should ask you question in a sensible manner to.

Anyway I hope that gives a fairer perspective on the situation, as StormRacers comments though sensible suggest people wouldn't have helped if you asked normally.

• Like 1

I agree to an extent, people were somewhat rude (I don't think the individual answers are too bad, but as a collective it leaves a negative view of the site), but you did come across as raging a bit too hard when you type in all caps (which used correctly is for shouting) and also coming in using the F word. So people aren't completely at fault here either. Simply put if you want a serious and sensible answer, you should ask you question in a sensible manner to.

Anyway I hope that gives a fairer perspective on the situation, as StormRacers comments though sensible suggest people wouldn't have helped if you asked normally.

Sorry if I presented my question in a angry way. Maybe its that my first language is french or that I dont post a message many times, writing in caps was too bring out specific words. I had no idea some people see that at a sort of "yelling typing". Makes me learn to use bold more often.

Sorry if I presented my question in a angry way. Maybe its that my first language is french or that I dont post a message many times, writing in caps was too bring out specific words. I had no idea some people see that at a sort of "yelling typing". Makes me learn to use bold more often.

Don't worry I doubt anyone will judge you harshly for it. I get the language barrier to so don't stress about it.

I'd just say if you're swearing you've already put enough emphasis, so adding bold or caps seems kinda pointless. Not saying i'm 100% correct here, but you can use one of the three to emphasise your point. If you use more than one of bold, caps or swearing it looks like you're raging.

as StormRacers comments though sensible suggest people wouldn't have helped if you asked normally.

Definitely didn't mean to suggest this. Not sure how you got that idea, but that wasn't my intention. I just told people that there's no need to tell OP to calm down, and then gave him an answer to his question. If at some point I made it sound like I was saying that he wouldn't have gotten an answer had he asked his question differently, then I apologize, as that wasn't my intention. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...