New Attack On Titan game releasing to the west in 2016

Senbon Kaguya

Yeah i will never hear anything related to anime in english again. English dubs are so bad its like poison to my ears. Not even joking

While I love Japanese dubs to death so much.. I love the english dubs for the older anime shows, like Dragon Ball Z, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop and so on. Space Dandy also had a decent English dub imo.

All the later stuff and so on, yeah I'll stick to my Japanese dubs thanks.

Shame no Vita.

PS3, PS4 and Vita.

Yeah i will never hear anything related to anime in english again. English dubs are so bad its like poison to my ears. Not even joking

I completely understand! I try to avoid English dubs too, every time I try to listen to one I'm just like "no thank you". I'm also used to the Japanese voice actors in SNK, so hopefully they're a part of this project too.

I completely understand! I try to avoid English dubs too, every time I try to listen to one I'm just like "no thank you". I'm also used to the Japanese voice actors in SNK, so hopefully they're a part of this project too.

It doesn't help that a bunch of later anime english VA ended up flopping somehow.. I have friends who enjoy dubs more because they "can't read fast enough for the subtitles" or, "why watch it in a language I don't understand?" (I get reading impediments though).

My love for the old anime english dubs still stands, and even in some games as well. but the Japanese VA love stays strong. There's people out there who won't play a game if it doesn't have a english voice option which I can understand but you're also limiting yourself from a game.

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1

It doesn't help that a bunch of later anime english VA ended up flopping somehow.. I have friends who enjoy dubs more because they "can't read fast enough for the subtitles" or, "why watch it in a language I don't understand?" (I get reading impediments though).

My love for the old anime english dubs still stands, and even in some games as well. but the Japanese VA love stays strong. There's people out there who won't play a game if it doesn't have a english voice option which I can understand but you're also limiting yourself from a game.

Yeah i have a friend that won't watch subbed and only watch English no matter how much i beg her. 

Thankfully alot of the vita games have Japanese voices in their localized copies

Incomparable, Space Dandy had HanaKana :awesome:

Well, playing a game mute isn't that fun...

I forgot about the lovely HanaKana  ;) She makes anything shine.

And some people are still like that.

Yeah i have a friend that won't watch subbed and only watch English no matter how much i beg her. 

Thankfully alot of the vita games have Japanese voices in their localized copies

Yeah I enjoy that aspect as well. :D

Yeah, I know a lot of people who say the exact same thing when it comes to dubs - that and 'I like to have something on in the background that I can understand' but more power to them I guess haha

I totally get that last paragraph, but I feel like most of the time it's nostalgia that brings me back to english dubs in terms of anime (here's looking at you, Cardcaptor Sakura!) also they're absolutely limiting themselves - it's a shame that someone will immediately not play a game simply because it's not in their language even if it's amazing, but that's their loss :/

And sort of on topic, I've yet to actually watch the english dub of SNK, I only know that the guy who voiced Eren (I think) voiced someone in the english dub of Atelier Ayesha (I think, again. I'm so informative  :P ). Is it as bad as I've heard? I'm scared to watch it for myself haha

Edited by kittyxiii

Yeah, I know a lot of people who say the exact same thing when it comes to dubs - that and 'I like to have something on in the background that I can understand' but more power to them I guess haha

I totally get that last paragraph, but I feel like most of the time it's nostalgia that brings me back to english dubs in terms of anime (here's looking at you, Cardcaptor Sakura!) also they're absolutely limiting themselves - it's a shame that someone will immediately not play a game simply because it's not in their language even if it's amazing, but that's their loss :/

Its funny its  getting to the point where i don't wanna play english games. Every game i wanna buy and play is from japan, every game just give me the subs ill spend the money to import.

Hmm...no idea. But I didn't like Armin's voice, waaaaaay too screechy.

Just checked and it's a guy named Josh Grelle

Doesn't sound that great. :P I know the voice of Leon S. Kennedy was Levi I think? other then that, the english dub (lol I said dud) didn't seem too pleasing for me.. Saw a lot more interest in the show when the english dub got announced though.

Well I can never get over Steve Blum and the english VAs in Cowboy Bebop. And yeah the limiting is real. But happens I guess. Some people don't want to listen to 'moonrunes' as they call it.

Edited by Cielle

Doesn't sound that great. :P I know the voice of Leon S. Kennedy was Levi I think? other then that, the english dub (lol I said dud) didn't seem too pleasing for me.. Saw a lot more interest in the show when the english dub got announced though.

Well I can never get over Steve Blum and the english VAs in Cowboy Bebop. And yeah the limiting is real. But happens I guess. Some people don't want to listen to 'moonrunes' as they call it.

English dud xD well idk about where you live but AoT is massive here...so many people have seen it. I don't wanna sound hipster but here at least it's certainly the most "mainstream" anime, and it's insanely overhyped :c but yeah I'm sure the jp voices are better

Moonrunes are kanji =D You can't actually listen (want plz) to kanji =D

Somehow someone's gonna make a way eventually. :P (not google translate though, they'll use HanaKana!)

English dud xD well idk about where you live but AoT is massive here...so many people have seen it. I don't wanna sound hipster but here at least it's certainly the most "mainstream" anime, and it's insanely overhyped :c but yeah I'm sure the jp voices are better

Overhyped? Yeah most definitely. I was clouded when I first went through the show.. do I still like it? Sure, just not into it a high level like some people. And it's actually pretty popular here in the states too. I would get judged cause I actually own a shirt from the series. xD

Edited by Cielle
  • Like 1