Using cheats during the collectables hunt ...

QuinlanLJ

So, I used cheats so I could move around faster and at the end the trophy didn't pop. Stupid me didn't think about trophies turning off when you use cheats. But I am interested. Did this happen just because I used cheats at some point during the search for collectables or was it because I used it at the very end? And is there a way of getting the trophy after I collected them all, or do I need to collect them all again?

When you use a cheat code, trophies are void for that session. You'd have to reload the game for trophies to be obtainable again.

Okay, so basically I screwed up when I used cheats when getting the last collectable, damn. Because after I get back in to the game for another session, the trophy wont pop so that means I have to do it all over again *sigh*

Thank you :D

Edited by QuinlanLJ
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

does this really work? I thought that if you save after using a cheat, it makes the whole savefile unable to earn trophies. And i think this would make more sens.

I did the "run fast" chat to do the 8km faster. Still do a backup if you want to try this. Just in case. I did this thing on both ps3 and ps4

Collect 49 out of 50 then reload the game and collect the last to get the trophy. I did a kinda similar thing for the Kifflom trophy.

Do this. I never took the risk on my first platinum but a friend of mine did and had no trouble, when I eventually get around to cleaning up the PS4 version I'll probably use cheats to make it that little bit quicker too.