Game Library/ Backlog app for Smartphones survey.

Supranix

Hello fellow trophy hunters!
Hope you guys would help a trophy hunter with a survey.

We’re three students from Denmark currently in one of the last phases of our programming education. For the next couple of months we’ll be developing a Library/Backlog app for you serious gamers, and to really nail it we want your input. What features would you like having on hand for tracking your collection of games, and progress in them?

A comment would be appreciated, and answering our detailed questionnaire would help us tremendously.

Link to survey:

It would be awesome if you guys could share the link. 

Have a nice day :) and Thanks for your help.!

PS: I have searched for the forum rules, but couldn't find them. So sorry if this thread in any way doesn't follow the forum rules. 
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help :) I knew I could count on my fellow trophy hunters :) 

Yeah. Thanks for the comments and answers. :) We will keep people updated when launch comes near. :)

We have posted some threads on other forums. So the plan is, the forums that get us some hits, are the forums we will give the most attention. :)

EDIT: just info, the app is at the moment in its earliest state. 

Edited by Supranix

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the beta as soon as I got the email that the beta went live on Google Play. I'm liking it so far, it's not complex at all, easy to navigate, and does what it is intended to do :D

Only thing I've noticed so far is that you can't add remastered games (Devil May Cry HD, Devil May Cry 2 HD, for example) to your collection/backlog because it doesn't come in the search results

Hey people sorry for the slow update but have been sick the whole weekend. BUT THE BETA IS OUT on Google play store. :) 

So download download and download, and give some feedback, because as it says, it's only a beta :D

Now I wish I had an android phone. Are you guys planning on expanding this to Apple or other OS in the future?

Or just a mobile interface for a regular web page so every browser can use it?

Just to clarify, I am one of the developers of the app. :)

Sorry for the late reply.

I downloaded the beta as soon as I got the email that the beta went live on Google Play. I'm liking it so far, it's not complex at all, easy to navigate, and does what it is intended to do  :D

Only thing I've noticed so far is that you can't add remastered games (Devil May Cry HD, Devil May Cry 2 HD, for example) to your collection/backlog because it doesn't come in the search results

If you find a game thats not available through the app, you can go to igdb.com, make a user and add it your self.

As soon your entry is accepted it should show up in the search results in the app :)

Now I wish I had an android phone. Are you guys planning on expanding this to Apple or other OS in the future?

Or just a mobile interface for a regular web page so every browser can use it?

This could be fun to do, but as it looks right now, it won't happend for a very long time, if ever. Unfortunately /:

I downloaded it dude, and it works good. No freezes or glitches  :D  Easy to find games and easy to navigate. Keep up the good work

Good to hear! Thank you :)

Survey completed :)

This looks like a very good idea - made by gamers, for gamers!

I'll be sure to download the beta, when/if I can make enough space on my phone available lol.

I use a similar program for keeping track of all my DVD's.

I like the idea that users can add their own missing titles to the database.

I think the trick to keeping programs like this going and up to date for a long time, is to eventually implement some sort of forum for users of the program, who can vote on user's new additions/changes to old additions via a sort of poll system, which admin can then choose to add to the database. I imagine this would take a huge amount of setting up though, so maybe something for the future if the app really takes off?

Btw, I'm assuming this would be within the "personal notes" section of the app, but one of the things I really like about the DVD app I use is that it lets me enter the price I paid for items and create a list of retailers I can select from, so I can also keep track of what I paid for discs and where from.

I would love something like this to be implemented (if it isn't already, that is - as I said, I havn't tried the beta out yet.

Basically, the more info the app give the users the option of adding about their games if they wish too, the better :)

I think the trick to keeping programs like this going and up to date for a long time, is to eventually implement some sort of forum for users of the program, who can vote on user's new additions/changes to old additions via a sort of poll system, which admin can then choose to add to the database. I imagine this would take a huge amount of setting up though, so maybe something for the future if the app really takes off?

If you find a game thats not available through the app, you can go to igdb.com, make a user and add it your self.

As soon your entry is accepted it should show up in the search results in the app :)

Oh, just seen you guys are using this database, so that whole suggestion of mine shouldn't be much of an issue, as you already have people doing this for you :)

I actually had no idea about igdb.com until now :facepalm: seems like a pretty cool site!

• 2 weeks later...

Aww.... Will you guys continue support for this app for years to come or just the next year or two before you move onto something else?

It is definitely the plan to keep supporting the app.

We have lots of features in the plans.

Survey completed :)

This looks like a very good idea - made by gamers, for gamers!

I'll be sure to download the beta, when/if I can make enough space on my phone available lol.

I use a similar program for keeping track of all my DVD's.

Btw, I'm assuming this would be within the "personal notes" section of the app, but one of the things I really like about the DVD app I use is that it lets me enter the price I paid for items and create a list of retailers I can select from, so I can also keep track of what I paid for discs and where from.

I would love something like this to be implemented (if it isn't already, that is - as I said, I havn't tried the beta out yet.

Basically, the more info the app give the users the option of adding about their games if they wish too, the better :)

Oh, just seen you guys are using this database, so that whole suggestion of mine shouldn't be much of an issue, as you already have people doing this for you :)

I actually had no idea about igdb.com until now :facepalm: seems like a pretty cool site!

Thanks!

Yea, IGDb is great - they have alot of info on games, not all is available through the API. But as they make more available, and it makes sense for the app, it will be implemented.

The price thing is not a feature the app has, yet. But it is already on the to-do list.

Keep the suggestions comming :)

• Like 1